Chicago (9-6) at Detroit (4-10), Sunday 12:00 pm

adam

Here we go, our only route to the playoffs is through Detroit with GB beating MIN. Since we can only draft in 2 spots, the draft position is irrelevant.

They have also moved the GB/MIN game to a 3:25 pm start time with the flex scheduling.

With the SF loss, GB is now the #2 seed; so in order to get a Bye, they need to win against MIN with SF playing ARZ.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a tough game. Detroit can put up points. Bears are going to have to play well to beat the Lions (who will be motivated as hell to put up points with Calvin Johnson trying to get 2K yards and then some).

Detroit has scored 18, 10, and 20 in their last 3, and scored only 7 against us last time. Also, the Lions have no passing TD's in their last 2. That is amazing considering Stafford threw for 443 yards last week.

Detroit has scored 18, 10, and 20 in their last 3, and scored only 7 against us last time. Also, the Lions have no passing TD's in their last 2. That is amazing considering Stafford threw for 443 yards last week.

I realize that, but they had the Packers beat (had it not been for their own stupidity) and the Falcons game was closer then the score (both the Falcons and GB are good teams). Basically put, Detroit has the record they do because they shoot themselves in the foot, however, if they have a game where they don't, they are pretty good. They clearly have 4 wins for a reason but they are much better then a typical 4 win team.

They are a team in need of a real coach, one who preaches discipline. Lovie would actually be a pretty good fit for Detroit.

I think the Bears will end up in the playoffs because I don't see Minnesota beating a GB team that's on fire right now, and I don't see the Detroit Lions being smart enough to finish out a game. Expect to see a lot of balls thrown in the direction of Calvin Johnson, and the more passes thrown, the more opportunities for the defense to get turnovers. Unless they just absolutely lay down and die like they did in SF, It's going to be tough for the Bears not to win this game.

No doubt about that! Frazier is doing a good job.

and with Christian Ponder at QB. This week will be tough again for them without Harvin in the lineup. Ponder averages 180 y/g and Harvin was accounting for 75 yards of that. Minnesota's defense has stepped up lately, but GB and HOU have different offenses.

The playoffs may actually work out in our favor if we get in. A GB win gives them a Bye and the #2 seed, that means we would get in as the #6 seed and play at SF. They lost Manningham (2nd leading WR) for the season and Justin Smith has been hurt for several weeks. After a win in SF, we would play in ATL, which I think is beatable team. We seem to be a better good weather team as we always come out flat in the rain. A miracle if it happens, we would then play GB or SEA/WAS in the NFC Championship.

The playoffs may actually work out in our favor if we get in. A GB win gives them a Bye and the #2 seed, that means we would get in as the #6 seed and play at SF. They lost Manningham (2nd leading WR) for the season and Justin Smith has been hurt for several weeks. After a win in SF, we would play in ATL, which I think is beatable team. We seem to be a better good weather team as we always come out flat in the rain. A miracle if it happens, we would then play GB or SEA/WAS in the NFC Championship.

As the days turn into weeks and weeks run into "Week 17" I'm feeling more and more confident that the Bears WILL be in the playoffs. However, I am guarded on how well they will do once in the playoffs. Things as they are right now; Kaepernick is a "known" entitiy and Mannigham is out I better like the chances of Chicago against SF matchup redux. That with the return of Jennings and quite possibly Urlacher could prove to the Bears' favor. The only real area of concern with the Bears right now are Forte (let's face it he really hasn't been a major factor this year) and Conte.

I am one that avoids looking too far into the future and don't want to assume that a win is guranteed in Detroit either. So, should the Bears be able to win in Detroit...I like how things are shaping up. At this point I wouldn't be surprised (based on what you wrote) if the Bears at least make it to the NFC Championship.

As the days turn into weeks and weeks run into "Week 17" I'm feeling more and more confident that the Bears WILL be in the playoffs. However, I am guarded on how well they will do once in the playoffs. Things as they are right now; Kaepernick is a "known" entitiy and Mannigham is out I better like the chances of Chicago against SF matchup redux. That with the return of Jennings and quite possibly Urlacher could prove to the Bears' favor. The only real area of concern with the Bears right now are Forte (let's face it he really hasn't been a major factor this year) and Conte.

I am one that avoids looking too far into the future and don't want to assume that a win is guranteed in Detroit either. So, should the Bears be able to win in Detroit...I like how things are shaping up. At this point I wouldn't be surprised (based on what you wrote) if the Bears at least make it to the NFC Championship.

What is funny is how the recent losing streak has soured everyone's taste about the Bears. It should be expected, but if we don't lose that OT game to SEA where they scored a TD with 24 secs left and then again in OT, we would be 10-5 and heading into Week 17 looking for our 11th win with the Division and 5th seed still intact. I believe 11 wins was where most people had us at the start of the season, it just didn't play out like most expected.

What is funny is how the recent losing streak has soured everyone's taste about the Bears. It should be expected, but if we don't lose that OT game to SEA where they scored a TD with 24 secs left and then again in OT, we would be 10-5 and heading into Week 17 looking for our 11th win with the Division and 5th seed still intact. I believe 11 wins was where most people had us at the start of the season, it just didn't play out like most expected.

That Seattle game was probably the angriest I have gotten in a long time in watching Bears games.

And you're right. The spate of losses, after starting 7-1, does allow people to question what direction this team is going. It's just that I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. And probably finishing just under 11 wins (at 10-6) isn't all that bad considering.

That Seattle game was probably the angriest I have gotten in a long time in watching Bears games.

And you're right. The spate of losses, after starting 7-1, does allow people to question what direction this team is going. It's just that I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. And probably finishing just under 11 wins (at 10-6) isn't all that bad considering.

For me the fact that Green Bay has dominated us recently really sticks in y craw. That we only managed to beat teams that we in the lower tier this season, and only when the D got TOs sent me over the edge.

With the way the O ha digressed you can put me in the camp that has little hope (not "no hope") for any success if we do squeak into the playoffs. But hey, you gotta play the lottery to have any shot at winning.

I guess when all is said and done, I' thankful I' a Bears fan and not a Lions!

You're right, but that performance is the exact same reason why fans are disillusioned with this team's chances in the playoffs.

It sucks to be in this position considering we were 7-1. BUT.... this team can still make the playoffs... how fortunate are the Bears that Minny is playing GB- a team who needs to win to clinch a bye!

I say there is a real good chance we make it. I think this team will come out inspired and motivated on Sunday! Peppers will have a MONSTER of a game. IMO. and peanut will intercept two! (one for a td)

JUST WIN!!!!

It sucks to be in this position considering we were 7-1. BUT.... this team can still make the playoffs... how fortunate are the Bears that Minny is playing GB- a team who needs to win to clinch a bye!

I say there is a real good chance we make it. I think this team will come out inspired and motivated on Sunday! Peppers will have a MONSTER of a game. IMO. and peanut will intercept two! (one for a td)

JUST WIN!!!!

If GB loses, they would lose the bye, and have to play the same team again next week. That would suck. I can't see them not winning this one. For the Bears, we just have to control Megatron again, and I can't see us losing unless Cutler becomes an INT machine.