Terra's Mock

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

1-20: Trade down to (29) with San Francisco aquire 3-92, lose 5th ( with Barrett Jones and Warmack gone prior to 20)

1-29: OLB Alec Ogletree - Speedy, athletic freak with Football Skill to go with it

2-50: LT Lane Johnson - The run on OTs slows down, and bears get a beast RT or LT. Extremely athletic and a football player. Played QB and TE and apparently strong as hell (his arms are very long, so his reps may be about average)

3-90: OT/G Kyle Long - Pedigree, pedigree

3-90: TE Joe Fauria - stickin with this guy.. Just love his passion

4-116: G/C Braxston Cave - What a sweet name "The Caveman"

6: OLB/DE Brandon Jenkins - with McClellin being a #epicfail with his patent spin move, and Jenkins not healed up, Bears get a steal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzB6HKEktHg

Guest TerraTor
Not too bad, but Long, Cave, AND Johnson may be too much, considering they'd probably still have Carimi, Scott, and Webb.

Ya Id rather get the TE instead of Long.

However, I imagine we will trade Webb to Lovie's eagles for their 1st RD pick

1-20: Trade down to (29) with San Francisco aquire 3-92, lose 5th ( with Barrett Jones and Warmack gone prior to 20)

1-29: OLB Alec Ogletree - Speedy, athletic freak with Football Skill to go with it

2-50: LT Lane Johnson - The run on OTs slows down, and bears get a beast RT or LT. Extremely athletic and a football player. Played QB and TE and apparently strong as hell (his arms are very long, so his reps may be about average)

6: OLB/DE Brandon Jenkins - with McClellin being a #epicfail with his patent spin move, and Jenkins not healed up, Bears get a steal

Picks are good, if we got Ogletree and any decent OL in the 2nd I would be happy.

I am sort of confused with the double 3-90 picks though. Are you saying one or the other? Why would we lose a 5th? The 20th pick is worth 850, and the 29th pick is worth 640, so just getting a 3rd (worth 132) would not be enough, and we definitely wouldn't give up a 5th for nothing. Now an interesting pick would be SF's pick from CAR in the 3rd (76th). That would be a better swap than going all the way to the end of the round. So:

1-29* From SF for 1-20

2-50

3-76* From SF thru CAR

4-116

5-148

6-180

Guest TerraTor
Picks are good, if we got Ogletree and any decent OL in the 2nd I would be happy.

I am sort of confused with the double 3-90 picks though. Are you saying one or the other? Why would we lose a 5th? The 20th pick is worth 850, and the 29th pick is worth 640, so just getting a 3rd (worth 132) would not be enough, and we definitely wouldn't give up a 5th for nothing. Now an interesting pick would be SF's pick from CAR in the 3rd (76th). That would be a better swap than going all the way to the end of the round. So:

1-29* From SF for 1-20

2-50

3-76* From SF thru CAR

4-116

5-148

6-180

I was being conservative. I did both the 3-90 so i dont have to argue with Bowlingtwig :cheers . I dont care for a OL. I want Fauria. I cant wait for his combine

From things I've heard ogletree is going top 15. If that happens screws up ur draft. Im amazed at how quickly u bail on guys. Seems like in your world that if they dont do goods things in yr 1 then there epic fails and need yo be discarded.

From things I've heard ogletree is going top 15. If that happens screws up ur draft. Im amazed at how quickly u bail on guys. Seems like in your world that if they dont do goods things in yr 1 then there epic fails and need yo be discarded.

I agree. McClellin is an OLB playing a 4-3 now. He needs a few years. Yeah, if he has 2.5 sacks/year through 2014, then yes, then he's a bust. After one year though, you can't write him off.

I agree. McClellin is an OLB playing a 4-3 now. He needs a few years. Yeah, if he has 2.5 sacks/year through 2014, then yes, then he's a bust. After one year though, you can't write him off.

I agree McClellin is not a bust yet. Any smart person doesnt rate a draft in one year. Also Terra, why would SF want to trade up? I dont think teams that have drafted so well the last few years, are interested in giving up extra picks to move up 9 spots. Good teams project a few good players being available, and they could have who they want fall to 29 from 20. If they focus on one player he would be, a stud up in the top 10 not marginal picks at 20.

Like the players just not sure SF will trade down just to make your mock draft look good.

Guest TerraTor

a guy at 19 shows no promise at DE

Hes either a OLB or useless.

Guest TerraTor
I agree McClellin is not a bust yet. Any smart person doesnt rate a draft in one year. Also Terra, why would SF want to trade up? I dont think teams that have drafted so well the last few years, are interested in giving up extra picks to move up 9 spots. Good teams project a few good players being available, and they could have who they want fall to 29 from 20. If they focus on one player he would be, a stud up in the top 10 not marginal picks at 20.

Its called a mock... and if thats an argument, they took a 3rd RD WR in the 1st last season

Its called a mock... and if thats an argument, they took a 3rd RD WR in the 1st last season

I like your players and ideas, if we are playing fantasy football, then I'll add a mock. There are only 3 WRs with first round grades and only one worthy of a top 15 pick, hw has some injuries issues that could drop him down to the late 1st round. I just dont think SF is a likely candidate to move up.

Guest TerraTor
I like your players and ideas, if we are playing fantasy football, then I'll add a mock. There are only 3 WRs with first round grades and only one worthy of a top 15 pick, hw has some injuries issues that could drop him down to the late 1st round. I just dont think SF is a likely candidate to move up.

Im just sayin. I only used SF cuz they had an extra 3rd

Guest TerraTor
Yup i agree. I want at least 1 OL taken 1st 2rds. Preferably in the 1st but no more than 2 OL

Id be ecstatic if my above edited draft plays out (at least position wise)... never know grades guys will end up with after workouts and all

You already knew I wouldn't like it before posting it. I don't like the idea of drafting a TE at all, and I don't like drafting a first round MLB who will sit the bench. I watched some video of Jenkins, and he'd be a good pick for a 6th rounder, but I can't say I was all blown away. And to be quite honest, if there is one high-round LT I am not really impressed by, it's Lane Johnson. Watched him in the Cotton Bowl and he was slow against speed rushers, didn't finish all his blocks, had horrible cut block technique, lost awareness a few times, and didn't look like an early rounder. Some of this is expected for a guy who has barely played the position.

I guess it makes sense that if you hate my mock I'd feel similarly about yours. Different strokes, different folks.

Guest TerraTor
You already knew I wouldn't like it before posting it. I don't like the idea of drafting a TE at all, and I don't like drafting a first round MLB who will sit the bench. I watched some video of Jenkins, and he'd be a good pick for a 6th rounder, but I can't say I was all blown away. And to be quite honest, if there is one high-round LT I am not really impressed by, it's Lane Johnson. Watched him in the Cotton Bowl and he was slow against speed rushers, didn't finish all his blocks, had horrible cut block technique, lost awareness a few times, and didn't look like an early rounder. Some of this is expected for a guy who has barely played the position.

I guess it makes sense that if you hate my mock I'd feel similarly about yours. Different strokes, different folks.

How exactly would a MLB sit on the bench?

And ya drafting a TE when u dont have any is appauling

How exactly would a MLB sit on the bench?

And ya drafting a TE when u dont have any is appauling

He's assuming URL will be back. If he's back then drafting a MLB isnt necessary in rd 1. Unlike u most of us haven't given up on Evan Rodriguez being that TE. Dude was never even utilized for the position he was drafted for so parden us for not giving up on him

Guest TerraTor
He's assuming URL will be back. If he's back then drafting a MLB isnt necessary in rd 1. Unlike u most of us haven't given up on Evan Rodriguez being that TE. Dude was never even utilized for the position he was drafted for so parden us for not giving up on him

Im sorry.but when and where.did i state i gave up on him? And who plays FB then cuz i for one thought he played well.