great press conference!

madlithuanian

Dude hasn't even watched film on the Bears. What the hell else did he have to do?

Yeah, I didn't really like the vagueness in some of his answers regarding players/scheme etc.. It's not a terrible thing that he didn't talk about it, but as a fan, you would certainly like some sort of idea of what the team is going to play like, style wise, before 3 months from now.

His answer about the 3-4 4-3 defense was odd. He said he wouldn't know until a few months after analyzing the players.. Then how will you even be able to hire a DC if it's going to take you that long to figure it out? He knew more than he was telling us, and that was a little frustrating.

Everyone's reading too much into it. He hasn't studied the film to the nth degree yet. He will. after that, he will know what to do...

Yeah, I didn't really like the vagueness in some of his answers regarding players/scheme etc.. It's not a terrible thing that he didn't talk about it, but as a fan, you would certainly like some sort of idea of what the team is going to play like, style wise, before 3 months from now.

His answer about the 3-4 4-3 defense was odd. He said he wouldn't know until a few months after analyzing the players.. Then how will you even be able to hire a DC if it's going to take you that long to figure it out? He knew more than he was telling us, and that was a little frustrating.

The most glaring thing to me from the entire press conference is that he did not call Cutler a franchise quarterback. Doesn't mean he doesn't see him as part of the future. I just took that comment as someone telling him that he has to "Earn" it, and a contract extension, at least this offseason, doesn't seem likely.

The most glaring thing to me from the entire press conference is that he did not call Cutler a franchise quarterback. Doesn't mean he doesn't see him as part of the future. I just took that comment as someone telling him that he has to "Earn" it, and a contract extension, at least this offseason, doesn't seem likely.

There's nothing wrong with tough love.

I have to agree that the press conference of what I was able to see from the beginning until I had to leave was impressive. Phil Emery seems to have a more detailed and clearer understanding of his job and how to ideally approach it and of what I remember of Jerry Angelo, I really like what Emery is saying and doing his best to do to help out this storied franchise. One season under his belt and we'll see how it continues.

In regards to the Trestman, I am a bit excited about this hire. Trestman definitely seems to have a bit more passion about the great game of football than Lovie Smith did upon his arrival. Trestman did not state anything outrageous or would make my cringe as a die hard fan of this team. For the first time in a while I am excited to see how the rest of the off season will go and what differences that Trestman will bring to the team. I like the fact as well that Trestman is going to hold himself and his staff accountable on all aspects of coaching the team. Sounds like he is going in the right direction and maybe able to somehow improve the one or two games we needed to have made the playoffs this year. Time will tell for sure however, I am excited to see how this all goes. So far so good in my book and I am anxious for training camp and the season opener to get here this year.

Damn, if anyone was listening on the SCORE he mentioned the pistol offense and zone read concepts were apart of his offense in Montreal and may be introduced here. Music to my ears! :)

Im not a fan of pistol and read optio. Opens qb to get hit even more. I think we have all seen cutler hit way to much

Im not a fan of pistol and read optio. Opens qb to get hit even more. I think we have all seen cutler hit way to much

That's only if you use read option. The Pistol has nothing to do with whether a quarterback gets hit or not. It's just a different formation. Not sure how much read option we would run here, if any, but you can run a variety of plays that aren't part of the read option package out of the pistol. Look at what the Buffalo Bills do, and the Lions, and Chiefs.

Interesting point you make...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1487484...h-trestman-hire

Damn, if anyone was listening on the SCORE he mentioned the pistol offense and zone read concepts were apart of his offense in Montreal and may be introduced here. Music to my ears! :)

I've been waiting for his name to be mentioned here but I didn't wanna be the first to be flamed.....But could it be Tebow Time? Trestmans a fan and he fits the roll above in a wildcat package.

I don't think it'd be that big a circus if Cutler can shut the media up by playing well.

*Sits back and waits to get flamed*

troll!

I've been waiting for his name to be mentioned here but I didn't wanna be the first to be flamed.....But could it be Tebow Time? Trestmans a fan and he fits the roll above in a wildcat package.

I don't think it'd be that big a circus if Cutler can shut the media up by playing well.

f*** no

Bleacher Report? Really? Anyone can write on that website. It's the wikipedia of sports.

Trestman is a fan?????

He worked with Tebow for 2 days after Tebow hired him. I want what you're smoking.

And he tried to recruit him at NC State....I guess thats not really saying much though either....I'm no doubt gonna be in the minority but I'd like it as long as it didnt cost more than a 5th or 6th round pick. Like I said Cutler can shut the media up by playing well and Tim can be used strictly in a wildcat type package where he can excel.

Bleacher Report? Really? Anyone can write on that website. It's the wikipedia of sports.

I know Brian, you've made that abundantly clear before. That you don't consider Bleacher Report legit. Nevertheless, its a source. And although you can "write whatever you want" into Wikipedia, most entries are backed by citations.

I know Brian, you've made that abundantly clear before. That you don't consider Bleacher Report legit. Nevertheless, its a source. And although you can "write whatever you want" into Wikipedia, most entries are backed by citations.

Jason Campbell's best friend could've been that author of that article. Just because some dope on BR says "Jay Cutler might not be the answer," another good could write the opposite.

That article is fair...but it preaches to the choir a bit. They're not exactly going out on a limb in saying Jay will be gone should he have a bad year next year.

Right but it does fly in the face of most of the other articles you read where the Trestman/Cutler link could be amazing. It just causes one to pause a minute and not get swept up in all hoopla. And one way it does that is drawing comparisons to the Josh McDaniels debacle back in Denver, who by the way was supposed to be a great offensive mind.

Tim can be used as a second team tackling dummy to practice getting at mobile QB's...

And he tried to recruit him at NC State....I guess thats not really saying much though either....I'm no doubt gonna be in the minority but I'd like it as long as it didnt cost more than a 5th or 6th round pick. Like I said Cutler can shut the media up by playing well and Tim can be used strictly in a wildcat type package where he can excel.