Corey Graham says Bears (Smith) limited him...

madlithuanian

I don't this on anything like it as piling on Lovie. It simply goes to show that coaches and players sometimes fail. Did it happen a lot under Lovie? Heck yes it did.

Graham is playing well, so good for him.

I didn't mean that Mad was piling on, but Graham is.

If Lovie were still head coach of the Bears- I'd be shocked if Graham were go out and make this comment...thus piling on.

Graham was a late 5th Rnd Pick that Lovie thought enough of to make the roster. Graham had his chances at Nickel early on and was pretty bad in his initial pre-season. Graham became a Special Teams Pro Bowler for Lovie. Graham signed as a FA with Balt to do the same thing, but got a chance to start because others got hurt.

I was all for getting rid of Lovie. In fact, I wanted him gone after the '09 season. However, a former player coming out and ripping him before they're about to play for the AFC Champ against Tom Brady and the Patriots is nothing short of stupid.

Funny how this article leaves out some interesting information that Graham talks about in his experience with Baltimore. I found this by way of BleacherReport....(I know, heaven forbid). Don't worry Brian, it was linked to this USA Today article...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2...graham/1840227/

Some excerpts:

"Ayanbadeio started three games late this season at inside linebacker with injuries to Ray Lewis, Jameel McClain and Dannell Ellerbe. He recently ceded his starting job to Lewis, back on the field after right triceps surgery."

"Graham says he knew he would get that opportunity even before practicing with the Ravens. He could tell from conversations with coach John Harbaugh, despite the Ravens having a surplus of capable corners in front of him. It took injuries to Lardarius Webb, Jimmy Smith and Chris Johnson to make it happen."

So even with the Ravens, Graham (and Ayanbadejo) wasn't projected to be a starter. He's just (as some have pointed out here) being stupid because its an opportunity to pile on. He'd be in the same boat had the three other corners not been injured. Make the most of Corey while you can...now's your chance at the Hall of Fame.

Breaking news for Corey Graham: Coaches want to win too.

Graham had his chance at CB here in Chicago and he was always trailing his WR so far off that it was an easy pass and catch. Two picks of Manning in the playoffs reminds me of that Cowboys CB who had 3 INT in the Superbowl against Pittsburgh. He got a huge contract from the Raiders and we never heard from him again. I wish him the best.