Ticket Prices

jason

This is why I don't want to go to games any more.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...ticket-prices-a

$80 for the cheapest seat in the house?! And that's before some asshole scalper gets his hands on all the other tickets and charges a 50% markup (if I'm lucky). So, take the family and you pay a couple hundred, plus $20+ parking, plus $50 or so for grub/drinks.

No thanks. I'd rather watch ALL the games and sit in the comfort of my home.

It's all supply and demand... Even with the higher prices and scapled issues...the place will be sold out for every game other than the pre-season...

The sad element is that this hinders folks from making it a family event unless you're rolling in dough.

...I love the live experience. But I go probably once every 3 years, and I go solo wih a friend. I won't pay for my wife...who isn't nearly as into it as I. But, for a weekly usualy endeavor...the TV is much better!

$80 for the cheapest seat in the house?! And that's before some asshole scalper gets his hands on all the other tickets and charges a 50% markup (if I'm lucky). So, take the family and you pay a couple hundred, plus $20+ parking, plus $50 or so for grub/drinks.

Add in about $500-600 airfare per person and I actually might one day see them live. ha ha. Thank God for Direct TV.

I find it odd that jacksonville just lowered thier prices to 35.00 a game. The front office for them stated in these tough times we wish for everyone to expierence our team. You would think that the Bears owner would do the same. It dont show any thought to the fans thats for sure.

Nobody wants to go to a Jacksonville game.

It would seem to reason that you should want to appeal to the "common fan" not make it more difficult.

Why?

They have the 2nd smallest stadium in the league. They're going to sell the park out anyway.

They don't need to care about the common fan spending money, they're fine with them watching it on TV.

If they had a 100k person stadium, then they might have to worry about selling that final 20k tickets every week. They don't.

They have one of the most powerful brands in the NFL. They own this city and every other sports team in the city knows it.

I find it odd that jacksonville just lowered thier prices to 35.00 a game. The front office for them stated in these tough times we wish for everyone to expierence our team. You would think that the Bears owner would do the same. It dont show any thought to the fans thats for sure.

You can't compare the two teams. No matter what Jax is saying, they are lowering their prices to try and sell more tickets. The Bears don't have that problem so expecting them to behave the same way is misguided at best.

The Bears have no problem - and will never have a problem selling out the stadium. Even if they had a 100k stadium, they would STILL sell it out.

I haven't been to a game since they refurbed the stadium, but I'm ok with that as I would prefer they take someone elses money and have plenty to pay for whatever they need than make it more affordable for people like me and make financially motivated decisions.

Crazy expensive these days. I paid $300 for my ticket to the Seattle game this past season but I haven't been to the city to see a game for about 5 years. It will be another 5 or more before I make that leap again. I'll just wait for the next time they are in AZ.

For me it's all supply and demand. The team isn't interested in the average Joe coming to the game they want more $$$. As a fan who'd like to see more games it hurts but on the other hand, if they can still sell all those tickets then it means my team has more $$$ to compete for Free Agents! I like part 2.

Nobody should be shocked by this. They are paying Lovie $5mil to sit at home. As fans we still want them to go out and sign Melton plus a good FA Oline player. Something was going to give and in this case it's the fans giving more.

Let's be honest here. As long as team continues to sellout every game they don't care who goes or anything. To the normal fan this is a game however to them its a business. #1 goal in business is make as much $$ as possible. If team continues to sellout then u can guarantee ticket prices will continue to go up as well. Fans like to think of it as just a sport/game but to the players(mostly uneducated) this is only real $$ they can make. And to owners this is a business plan and simple. They don't care about normal fans. They care aboit BIS(butts in seats)