5. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State

6. Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut

nfldraftsite

1. Kyle Long, G, Oregon

2. Kevin Reddick, MLB, North Carolina

4. Zach Sudfeld, TE, Nevada

5. Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida

6. Zach Rogers, WR, Tennessee

Out of all those, drafttek is probably my favorite. I'm not a fan of getting a MLB in the first (partly because I think he'll sit behind Urlacher, but also because I think MLBs are easy to get), but Rounds 2,4,5 are outstanding. Doubtful Schwenke lasts that long.

It would be something nice if Tavon Austin falls to the 2nd round. I don't see how he gets past Houston, New England, or San Francisco in the late first though. I wouldn't rule out Phil perhaps trading back a couple spots in the 1st to get this kid either. Too difficult to predict now though until we see what happens in free agency.

• 1 year later...
I searched online for a bunch of mock drafts and here is what I found: mynfldraft.com 1. Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina 2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson nfl.com (Jeremiah) 1. Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU nfl.com (Brooks) 1. Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame nfl.com (Norris) 1. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama nfl.com (Brandt) 1. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford nfl.com (Davis) 1. Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma nfl.com (Breer) 1. Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame walterfootball (Walt) 1. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama 2. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia 4. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice walterfootball (Charlie) 1. Kevin Minter, MLB, LSU 2. Menelik Watson, T, Florida State 4. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado CBS (Brugler) 1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame CBS (Rang) 1. Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma drafttek 1. Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame 2. Travis Frederick, G, Wisconsin 4. Brian Schwenke, C, Cal 5. Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State 6. Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut nfldraftsite 1. Kyle Long, G, Oregon 2. Kevin Reddick, MLB, North Carolina 4. Zach Sudfeld, TE, Nevada 5. Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida 6. Zach Rogers, WR, Tennessee

We need to visit nfldraftsite's mock draft to see who the Bears will select since they had that right last February.

We need to visit nfldraftsite's mock draft to see who the Bears will select since they had that right last February.

lol nice bump, I thought Brian was back.

when I typed in nfldraftsite.com I guess it's actually draftsite.com.

They have us taking the right guy....Aaron Donald.

14 Chicago logo Chicago Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh 6' 1" 285

DraftSite's comments: Donald seems to have debunked many of the theories of being too small to play defensive tackle at the next level. Teams like Chicago and Dallas that need penetrating defensive tackles will be all over a player like Donald on draft day.

lol nice bump, I thought Brian was back. when I typed in nfldraftsite.com I guess it's actually draftsite.com. They have us taking the right guy....Aaron Donald. 14 Chicago logo Chicago Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh 6' 1" 285 DraftSite's comments: Donald seems to have debunked many of the theories of being too small to play defensive tackle at the next level. Teams like Chicago and Dallas that need penetrating defensive tackles will be all over a player like Donald on draft day.

I did a search to see if anyone has posted on Walt Aikens DB Liberty and it pulled this post up. I thought it was interesting that they had us drafting Kyle Long, when everyone here never thought he'd be a RD1 prospect.

Weird that this popped up with a Walt Aikens search......While we're on Walt Aikens, I really like him as a 4-6 round pick. He's not gonna be a day 1 starter, but if the Bears don't bring back Bowman he'd be a nice replacement.

He could be a decent pick up, was kicked out of UofI for theft, but size and speed are up there with the best.

The Bears were at his pro day and worked him out. His 40 time on the fast track was 4.37 and 4.44, they say to add .05 to get a better idea of his speed. Not bad for a 6-1 205 frame.

• 2 weeks later...
He could be a decent pick up, was kicked out of UofI for theft, but size and speed are up there with the best.

The Bears were at his pro day and worked him out. His 40 time on the fast track was 4.37 and 4.44, they say to add .05 to get a better idea of his speed. Not bad for a 6-1 205 frame.

Here is a post FAgency mock that could fall that way because of the players filling spots on our roster so far.

http://nflmocks.com/2014/03/17/chicago-bea...st-free-agency/

Here is a post FAgency mock that could fall that way because of the players filling spots on our roster so far.

http://nflmocks.com/2014/03/17/chicago-bea...st-free-agency/

I'd be very happy with that draft too. Ha Ha is an extremely fluid runner in the open field and covers a ton of ground quickly. I watch a little bit of the combine just to get an idea who some of these guys are and what they bring to the table. He stood out among the safeties.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-inter...ine-performance

It seems he has the smarts to diagnose what's going on with plays as well. Downside -- he's not very big and not a physical tackler but we need coverage skills on the backend and a sure tackler. I don't think he's Ed Reed though and I'm leery of players like him that were behind an often dominant front 7 so it's easier to make standout plays. I'm not sure about using #14 on him but if we did and got Quarles in the 2nd that'd be fine. We need some realistic starter level competition at FS with Conte and Dix will provide that.

I'd be very happy with that draft too. Ha Ha is an extremely fluid runner in the open field and covers a ton of ground quickly. I watch a little bit of the combine just to get an idea who some of these guys are and what they bring to the table. He stood out among the safeties.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-inter...ine-performance

It seems he has the smarts to diagnose what's going on with plays as well. Downside -- he's not very big and not a physical tackler but we need coverage skills on the backend and a sure tackler. I don't think he's Ed Reed though and I'm leery of players like him that were behind an often dominant front 7 so it's easier to make standout plays. I'm not sure about using #14 on him but if we did and got Quarles in the 2nd that'd be fine. We need some realistic starter level competition at FS with Conte and Dix will provide that.

I think he ends up being a good player, but have my doubts he is a impact player. I have more trust in Pryor or Bucannon as being more impact players at the next level.

I'd take HHCD over Pryor or Bucannon because what the Bears need is not a thumper. The Bears need a true FS who can play centerfield, taking the correct angles, and breaking up passes. That's what HHCD excels in. The Bears don't need two SS's, where one of them just gets put into the FS role.

I'd take HHCD over Pryor or Bucannon because what the Bears need is not a thumper. The Bears need a true FS who can play centerfield, taking the correct angles, and breaking up passes. That's what HHCD excels in. The Bears don't need two SS's, where one of them just gets put into the FS role.

Like AZ said he played with an all star team where do you divide how much of an impact not with that team. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a good player, just question his impact. 54 taks-4 PBU-2 inte.

Pryor- 75 4 3

Bucannon 114 1 6

It seems to me they had more of an impact.

I agree a true FS is probably more of a need than taking a DT in Round 1. Ha Ha is supposed to be the best free saftey in his years draft and the Bears can not afford to whiff in the first round this year. I like the sound of Donald but may be too risky for the Bears as they need a day 1 impact rookie starters from this years draft.

I agree a true FS is probably more of a need than taking a DT in Round 1. Ha Ha is s. posed to be the best free saftey in his years draft and the Bears can not afford to whiff in the first round this year. I like the sound of Donald but may be too risky for the Bears as they need a day 1 impact rookie starters from this years draft.

I think this is one of the richest safety drafts in a long time. If we don't take Dix, I like Ward in RD 2-3. The biggest impact we need is at DT, I think we have to take Donald if he's even there.

1 Donald DT

2 Bucannon SS

3 Ward FS

4 Hart DE

5 Ellis DT

6 Aikens CB

6 Best TE

I think this is one of the richest safety drafts in a long time. If we don't take Dix, I like Ward in RD 2-3. The biggest impact we need is at DT, I think we have to take Donald if he's even there.

1 Donald DT

2 Bucannon SS

3 Ward FS

4 Hart DE

5 Ellis DT

6 Aikens CB

6 Best TE

I would love to get both Ward and Bucannon, but doubt if Ward makes it out of 2 nd round

If you like trades this will knock your sox off.

http://nflmocks.com/2014/03/19/chicago-bea...nfl-mock-draft/

I'm torn. The trades are horrible value, and I hate some of the picks, but some are really good.

First of all, the Bears lose on all three trades on the draft value chart.

The Bears and Chiefs trade ends up being 1100 for 1000.

The Bears and Niners trade ends up being 760 for 671.2.

The Bears and Titans trade ends up being 54 for 45.9.

That's a net loss of 196.9. Horrible.

As far as the draft goes...

1. Mosley - ILB - Alabama - I get BPA, but drafting a first round LB - arguably the Bears strongest position in terms of talent and depth - is not how this draft should start.

2. Jernigan - DT - Fl. St. - He would be a steal, for sure, so that's at least a bright spot.

3. Brooks - S - Fl. St. - For all the picks he acquired, the best he could do to fix the Bears' current #1 issue (i.e. FS) was to get a guy from Florida State (Brooks) who is slow, undersized, has horrible hands, and is a weak hitter?

3. McGill - CB - Utah - Tall DB who could sit/learn for a year or two. But not that great right now.

4. Sankey - RB - Washington - I'm typically against a RB in this draft...but this guy collected so many picks that this isn't horrible. And to get the potential #1 RB in the 4th is a solid value.

4. Martin C - USC - Same as the Sankey pick in terms of value. Many have Martin as the #1 Center.

5. Reid - DT - Princeton - Hate this pick. Dude's gonna be a bust. 3.5 sacks in the Ivy League? Seriously?

5. Martin - DE - UNC - Hate this pick. Just about everyone says this guy is very unrefined, lacks burst and skill, and isn't very strong.

5. Murray - QB - UGA - I like this pick. He has skill and if he recovers from injury he'll prove people wrong.

6. Jones - WR - ND - Hate this pick. He's the exact WR the Bears don't need. Not a burner, and not very big.

6. Colvin - CB - OK - Hate this pick. Undisciplined and slow.

7. Linder - G - Miami - I guess this one isn't horrible, especially for the 7th. But he definitely is not someone the Bears want on the field.

7. Connor - QB - S.Car. - Hate this pick. Why get a second rookie QB, especially one with such limited upside?

Out of all that, Mosley is probably the only guy that sees the field as a full time player. And it's at a position of abundance. Jernigan definitely makes the rotation. Sankey, Martin, and Murray are good picks for the Bears future. Overall this draft plan would not make me happy at all. And Conte would STILL be starting.

I'm torn. The trades are horrible value, and I hate some of the picks, but some are really good.

First of all, the Bears lose on all three trades trades on the draft value chart.

The Bears and Chiefs trade ends up being 1100 for 1000.

The Bears and Niners trade ends up being 760 for 671.2.

The Bears and Titans trade ends up being 54 for 45.9.

That's a net loss of 196.9. Horrible.

As far as the draft goes...

1. Mosley - ILB - Alabama - I get BPA, but drafting a first round LB - arguably the Bears strongest position in terms of talent and depth - is not how this draft should start.

2. Jernigan - DT - Fl. St. - He would be a steal, for sure, so that's at least a bright spot.

3. Brooks - S - Fl. St. - For all the picks he acquired, the best he could do to fix the Bears' current #1 issue (i.e. FS) was to get a guy from Florida State (Brooks) who is slow, undersized, has horrible hands, and is a weak hitter?

3. McGill - CB - Utah - Tall DB who could sit/learn for a year or two. But not that great right now.

4. Sankey - RB - Washington - I'm typically against a RB in this draft...but this guy collected so many picks that this isn't horrible. And to get the potential #1 RB in the 4th is a solid value.

4. Martin C - USC - Same as the Sankey pick in terms of value. Many have Martin as the #1 Center.

5. Reid - DT - Princeton - Hate this pick. Dude's gonna be a bust. 3.5 sacks in the Ivy League? Seriously?

5. Martin - DE - UNC - Hate this pick. Just about everyone says this guy is very unrefined, lacks burst and skill, and isn't very strong.

5. Murray - QB - UGA - I like this pick. He has skill and if he recovers from injury he'll prove people wrong.

6. Jones - WR - ND - Hate this pick. He's the exact WR the Bears don't need. Not a burner, and not very big.

6. Colvin - CB - OK - Hate this pick. Undisciplined and slow.

7. Linder - G - Miami - I guess this one isn't horrible, especially for the 7th. But he definitely is not someone the Bears want on the field.

7. Connor - QB - S.Car. - Hate this pick. Why get a second rookie QB, especially one with such limited upside?

Out of all that, Mosley is probably the only guy that sees the field as a full time player. And it's at a position of abundance. Jernigan definitely makes the rotation. Sankey, Martin, and Murray are good picks for the Bears future. Overall this draft plan would not make me happy at all. And Conte would STILL be starting.

With that number of picks , I would be picking a lot different if it was my call.

I think this is one of the richest safety drafts in a long time. If we don't take Dix, I like Ward in RD 2-3. The biggest impact we need is at DT, I think we have to take Donald if he's even there. 1 Donald DT 2 Bucannon SS 3 Ward FS 4 Hart DE 5 Ellis DT 6 Aikens CB 6 Best TE

In the mock drafted I did none of these other safeties were around in the 2-3 rd. So we may have to take the best FS than grab the best available DT in the Second round.