SCS March Draft

scs787

My last mock was in February so I'll throw up a March one, then hold out till April for my last one. I could probably make a new one every week but I don't wanna waste everyones time lol.

Resign Roach/Louis/Izzy

RD1- Chance Warmack LG Bama- May be a bit of a stretch but I'm gonna go with Chuck, I mean John, Norris and say he's there and there's no question who I'd take if hes there.

RD2- Jaime Collins LB Southern Miss- The more I read about the guy the more I like him. Another former safety with great speed. Briggs-Roach-Collins looks solid to me. He's probably better suited in a 3-4 but his secondary skills make him an option in any scheme if you ask me.

RD4- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU- Could be the steal of the draft, let him learn from Peanut and Jennings and we could have a stud for years to come.

RD5- Kwame Geathers DT UGA- Geathers makes an appearance from my beloved 3-4 draft. Just a massive human being who is still light on his feat. Izzy is your backup at the 3 technique and Geathers becomes the backup at nose tackle. I read somewhere the Mel likes massive DTs well here's the guy.

RD6- Joe Madsen OC WVU- Competition for Garza at center, started 50 games there at WVU. Could end up being a good player.

Don't think WR is that big of a need with the Bennetts sharing time in the slot.

This is where I'm at right now until April when all the dust settles....Discuss

My last mock was in February so I'll throw up a March one, then hold out till April for my last one. I could probably make a new one every week but I don't wanna waste everyones time lol.

Resign Roach/Louis/Izzy

RD1- Chance Warmack LG Bama- May be a bit of a stretch but I'm gonna go with Chuck, I mean John, Norris and say he's there and there's no question who I'd take if hes there.

RD2- Jaime Collins LB Southern Miss- The more I read about the guy the more I like him. Another former safety with great speed. Briggs-Roach-Collins looks solid to me. He's probably better suited in a 3-4 but his secondary skills make him an option in any scheme if you ask me.

RD4- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU- Could be the steal of the draft, let him learn from Peanut and Jennings and we could have a stud for years to come.

RD5- Kwame Geathers DT UGA- Geathers makes an appearance from my beloved 3-4 draft. Just a massive human being who is still light on his feat. Izzy is your backup at the 3 technique and Geathers becomes the backup at nose tackle. I read somewhere the Mel likes massive DTs well here's the guy.

RD6- Joe Madsen OC WVU- Competition for Garza at center, started 50 games there at WVU. Could end up being a good player.

Don't think WR is that big of a need with the Bennetts sharing time in the slot.

LIke all those names,although I now think we are going to make every effort to move down.

LIke all those names,although I now think we are going to make every effort to move down.

They better not if Warmack is indeed there. Dude is drawing comparisons to Carl Nicks. Aaron Kromer knows what to do with a guy like Carl Nicks lol.

Roach will b gone. Hes not worth what hes gonna get

I'd give him more than Urlacher at this point, he stepped up when Brian went down and looked good at MLB. His numbers were actually better than Brians when he filled in....You guys all want a guy to groom under BLac well we've had one for what 5-6 years now? I think if they let him man the middle he'll come back.

Maybe it's my Northwestern homerism but I really hope he's back.

They better not if Warmack is indeed there. Dude is drawing comparisons to Carl Nicks. Aaron Kromer knows what to do with a guy like Carl Nicks lol.

I'd give him more than Urlacher at this point, he stepped up when Brian went down and looked good at MLB. His numbers were actually better than Brians when he filled in....You guys all want a guy to groom under BLac well we've had one for what 5-6 years now? I think if they let him man the middle he'll come back.

Maybe it's my Northwestern homerism but I really hope he's back.

If Warmack is there, they will take him but dont think he will be there.SD and Buff lost OGs so they will be drafting them early.

Since we don't have a catch all thread and this doesn't deserve a new thread....

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Eagles announce they get Benn and a 7th rounder in 2013 for a sixth rounder in 2013 and a conditional pick in 2014.

I wouldn't have minded making this deal. I watched a lot of Illini football when he was there and I thought he'd end up being a big time WR. Woulda made for a good #4.

I don't like to make a new thread for every new mock draft so I'll just post it here ...New WF mock came out today with Arthur Brown/Stedman Bailey/Zaviar Gooden/Brian Winters......

Interesting that they have us taking Brown with Ogletree still on the board. I like Brown and think he's a first round talent but I have Ogletree being the better player so Id switch the 2.

Stedman Bailey would be a pretty sexy pick but I'd rather not wait until the 5th to address LG (unless Kromer likes Brown at LG)....I'd go Kyle Long or Dallas Thomas here. Long is the "next best" guard prospect taken in the draft but I personally like Thomas better...Either pick will do though.

Would love to get Zaviar Gooden in the 4th, that'd be incredible. If we can't resign 54 or sign one in FA then coming out of the draft with Ogletree AND Gooden would make me a happy panda.

I switched the pick in round 2 to grab a OG so I'll switch Winters to a guy the Bears talked to today, Miami CB Brandon Mcgee......I've got a huge (and I mean huge because he's a huge man) man crush on Kwame Geathers so I debated him here but with Mcgee there in the 5th he'd probably be the pick.

So in review I'd switch their picks to Ogletree/Thomas/Gooden/Mcgee then grab a huge NT or a fast WR in the 6th.

BTW we need some damn news it's boring around here lol.

I'm avoiding getting into the mocks until about 2 weeks before. Partly because roughly two weeks ago, Kansas City was thinking quarterback and we were thinking LT.

That being said, I have to comment on what you said about WR not being that big of a need because of the Bennett's time in the slot. I disagree. With a slot receiver, I think of a guy who can stretch the field and take the top off of a defense. What we've used the slot for, like in the Bennett's case, is to go across the middle. While Jeffrey and Marshall can both go deep, they are more big possession receivers, not the deep threat.

In last years draft we really focused on getting a speed defensive end who could get after the quarterback. This knowing we'd only use him in passing downs. I predict we take the same strategy in round #1 or round #2, going after a speedy receiver who will be utilized on 3rd downs.

Resign Roach/Louis/Izzy

Since I'm bored I'll do a trading down version of my march draft using the latest WF mock that I mentioned above and use a trade down with the Jags to get #33 and #64.

#33 Larry Warford OG KY- Another man crush of mine. Saw 2 possessions he was in on at the Senior Bowl and saw all I needed to see. From what little I've seen of both Bushrod and Warford I think they would be dynamite in the run game, both very active.

#50 Jaime Collins LB SO Miss- Yes, yet another prospect I've become obsessed with, mainly because I wanna see if I'm right about him....He's been labeled as a OLB/DE but his experience as a former CB (in college, what he was scouted for) leads me to think he could be molded into a dynamite MLB in this system. If they ever make the switch to a 3-4 somewhere down the line him and SMC on the corners would be incredible.

#64 D.J. Hayden CB Houston- Yes, you read that correctly, not D.J. Moore or Kelvin Hayden...D.J. Hayden. And he's got medical concerns so he sounds perfect for the Bears. Seriously though this kid defied a lot of odds just to be alive and all the reports I've read on him say he has checked out medically and will be a pretty good ball player.

#117 Zaviar Gooden OLB Mizzu- Sticking with their pick here since I like it so much. I'd be hesitant to start 2 rookie LBs but with Briggs still on the team he brings that veteran leadership to help the rooks along. Gooden played some MLB at Mizzu as well so if Collins doesn't work at MLB Gooden can play the position...Another former safety.

---Alternate pick if we can snag an LB in FA...Brian Schwenke...Garza has been one of the worst OCs in the league the last 2 years, it's time for a change...Madsen or Cave in the 6th if we can't grab an LB.

#153 Kwame Geathers DT Georgia- Yep I'm getting all my guys here in this draft. Geathers gives them a monster NT to back up Paea and it takes another step towards a 3-4 defense which I'm also so infatuated with. Geathers demands a double team against most teams and that causes a problem when you have Melton and Peppers who could also demand a DT.

Pick 6- WF is only going 5 rounds so I'm just gonna take a stab at Braxton Cave or Joe Madsen being there in the 6th. Like I said before, Garza hasn't been that great at all and one of these 2 at the very least would offer competition and maybe light a fire under Garzas ass to perform better.

I believe the Jags trade would give us another 6th or 7th as well...That's where you grab your speedy WR....Shot in the dark I'll say Jasper Collins out of Mount Union. Small school but it has recently produced Cecil Shorts and Pierre Garcon. Collins was more productive than Garcon with 232 Rec for 3,527 yards and 37 TDs in his 4 years there. He also returned 3 punts for TDs.

Tuesdays always suck unless theres a bulls game on so I did all that outta pure boredom.

I'm avoiding getting into the mocks until about 2 weeks before. Partly because roughly two weeks ago, Kansas City was thinking quarterback and we were thinking LT.

That being said, I have to comment on what you said about WR not being that big of a need because of the Bennett's time in the slot. I disagree. With a slot receiver, I think of a guy who can stretch the field and take the top off of a defense. What we've used the slot for, like in the Bennett's case, is to go across the middle. While Jeffrey and Marshall can both go deep, they are more big possession receivers, not the deep threat.

In last years draft we really focused on getting a speed defensive end who could get after the quarterback. This knowing we'd only use him in passing downs. I predict we take the same strategy in round #1 or round #2, going after a speedy receiver who will be utilized on 3rd downs.

Ha, you're avoiding them while I've pretty much got 3 in the same thread lol.....I wouldn't mind a speed WR at all, it's a sexy pick but with other pressing needs like LG and LB I would wanna grab those early over a situational WR....DE was a more pressing need than a speed WR is this year. I still think Hester if used properly can be that guy to blow the top off a defense. No screen pass bullshit just straight up simple patterns that call for him to go down the field and stretch the defense. With him not being cut he very well could be used in that role.....Marshall and Jeffery have big deep ball potential while the Bennetts work the middle and our backs work the underneath. It's a solid WCO plan IMO.

I don't like to make a new thread for every new mock draft so I'll just post it here ...New WF mock came out today with Arthur Brown/Stedman Bailey/Zaviar Gooden/Brian Winters......

Interesting that they have us taking Brown with Ogletree still on the board. I like Brown and think he's a first round talent but I have Ogletree being the better player so Id switch the 2.

Stedman Bailey would be a pretty sexy pick but I'd rather not wait until the 5th to address LG (unless Kromer likes Brown at LG)....I'd go Kyle Long or Dallas Thomas here. Long is the "next best" guard prospect taken in the draft but I personally like Thomas better...Either pick will do though.

Would love to get Zaviar Gooden in the 4th, that'd be incredible. If we can't resign 54 or sign one in FA then coming out of the draft with Ogletree AND Gooden would make me a happy panda.

I switched the pick in round 2 to grab a OG so I'll switch Winters to a guy the Bears talked to today, Miami CB Brandon Mcgee......I've got a huge (and I mean huge because he's a huge man) man crush on Kwame Geathers so I debated him here but with Mcgee there in the 5th he'd probably be the pick.

So in review I'd switch their picks to Ogletree/Thomas/Gooden/Mcgee then grab a huge NT or a fast WR in the 6th.

BTW we need some damn news it's boring around here lol.

Wow, the original makes me want to kill a puppy. Atrocious to grab two LBs and a WR who is the number two option on an overrated offense. Two LBs early in such a deep OL draft, especially considering that OLhas been the number one problem for the Bears for years, would be horrible. Looks like Lovie hacked your account and made this mock.

Wow, the original makes me want to kill a puppy. Atrocious to grab two LBs and a WR who is the number two option on an overrated offense. Two LBs early in such a deep OL draft, especially considering that OLhas been the number one problem for the Bears for years, would be horrible. Looks like Lovie hacked your account and made this mock.

If we can't sign an LB in FA or bring back Urlacher we kinda have to take 2 LBs in the draft. It'd be nice if we can grab 1 of the LBs in FA so we can maybe go with Schwenke in the 4th. It would offer a lot of depth up and down the line. A RT battle between Webb/Carimi/Brown, RG battle between Louis?/Carimi/Garza/Brown, OC battle between Schwenke/Garza, LG battle between an early DP/Garza/Brown, and LT is probably a given....Some combination of all that should be a tolerant OL.

If we can't sign an LB in FA or bring back Urlacher we kinda have to take 2 LBs in the draft. It'd be nice if we can grab 1 of the LBs in FA so we can maybe go with Schwenke in the 4th. It would offer a lot of depth up and down the line. A RT battle between Webb/Carimi/Brown, RG battle between Louis?/Carimi/Garza/Brown, OC battle between Schwenke/Garza, LG battle between an early DP/Garza/Brown, and LT is probably a given....Some combination of all that should be a tolerant OL.

2 outside LBs doesnt really fit in what we need, and we will be signing at least one in FAgency. LT is probably a given? you need to get some sleep.

Since I'm bored I'll do a trading down version of my march draft using the latest WF mock that I mentioned above and use a trade down with the Jags to get #33 and #64.

#33 Larry Warford OG KY- Another man crush of mine. Saw 2 possessions he was in on at the Senior Bowl and saw all I needed to see. From what little I've seen of both Bushrod and Warford I think they would be dynamite in the run game, both very active.

#50 Jaime Collins LB SO Miss- Yes, yet another prospect I've become obsessed with, mainly because I wanna see if I'm right about him....He's been labeled as a OLB/DE but his experience as a former CB (in college, what he was scouted for) leads me to think he could be molded into a dynamite MLB in this system. If they ever make the switch to a 3-4 somewhere down the line him and SMC on the corners would be incredible.

#64 D.J. Hayden CB Houston- Yes, you read that correctly, not D.J. Moore or Kelvin Hayden...D.J. Hayden. And he's got medical concerns so he sounds perfect for the Bears. Seriously though this kid defied a lot of odds just to be alive and all the reports I've read on him say he has checked out medically and will be a pretty good ball player.

#117 Zaviar Gooden OLB Mizzu- Sticking with their pick here since I like it so much. I'd be hesitant to start 2 rookie LBs but with Briggs still on the team he brings that veteran leadership to help the rooks along. Gooden played some MLB at Mizzu as well so if Collins doesn't work at MLB Gooden can play the position...Another former safety.

---Alternate pick if we can snag an LB in FA...Brian Schwenke...Garza has been one of the worst OCs in the league the last 2 years, it's time for a change...Madsen or Cave in the 6th if we can't grab an LB.

#153 Kwame Geathers DT Georgia- Yep I'm getting all my guys here in this draft. Geathers gives them a monster NT to back up Paea and it takes another step towards a 3-4 defense which I'm also so infatuated with. Geathers demands a double team against most teams and that causes a problem when you have Melton and Peppers who could also demand a DT.

Pick 6- WF is only going 5 rounds so I'm just gonna take a stab at Braxton Cave or Joe Madsen being there in the 6th. Like I said before, Garza hasn't been that great at all and one of these 2 at the very least would offer competition and maybe light a fire under Garzas ass to perform better.

I believe the Jags trade would give us another 6th or 7th as well...That's where you grab your speedy WR....Shot in the dark I'll say Jasper Collins out of Mount Union. Small school but it has recently produced Cecil Shorts and Pierre Garcon. Collins was more productive than Garcon with 232 Rec for 3,527 yards and 37 TDs in his 4 years there. He also returned 3 punts for TDs.

Tuesdays always suck unless theres a bulls game on so I did all that outta pure boredom.

Love it!

Resign Roach/Louis/Izzy

Your 2nd rounder is a tweener and until we know for a fact that Tucker is switching to a 3-4 he is not a fit. As I have stated before Honey Badger should not go this early because of is character issues and besides at 5-9 he is not a guy who you should be thinking can shut down a Calvin Johnson or Greg Jennings down the road. He is a nickel back that you should utilize as a returner

I realize the hole to fill, just hate doing it with a 1st and 3rd rounder. This is especially true since I think LB is one of the easiest positions to draft late. Stats from websites shown on this page have confirmed that concept.

Ha, you're avoiding them while I've pretty much got 3 in the same thread lol.....I wouldn't mind a speed WR at all, it's a sexy pick but with other pressing needs like LG and LB I would wanna grab those early over a situational WR....DE was a more pressing need than a speed WR is this year. I still think Hester if used properly can be that guy to blow the top off a defense. No screen pass bullshit just straight up simple patterns that call for him to go down the field and stretch the defense. With him not being cut he very well could be used in that role.....Marshall and Jeffery have big deep ball potential while the Bennetts work the middle and our backs work the underneath. It's a solid WCO plan IMO.

Trestman said tody Hester is strictly a returner right and he doesn't know if he will even work with WRs. While its true Hester can still take top off defense u continue to leave out a major fact. He's no threat to actually catch the ball. He just can't make adjustments if ball isn't perfectly placed. Even if perfectly placed he doesn't catch it consistently. He refuses to jump to get the ball. And do yourself a favor and don't pick a play of 2 when he actually did something like jump or dive cuz for every 1 play I can point out at least 5 that he didnt

Update using WF mock-

Working out a trade would be fantastic, using the same Jags trade I used earlier I'd go with....

#33 Warford LG KY- Day 1 LG

#50 David Amerson CB NC State- had one of the best years by college CB ever so I've read

#64 Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- Strong leadership qualities, could step up and take that role in a year or 2. Briggs-Williams-Greene could be a pretty solid group.

#117 Brian Schwenke OC Cal- Could end up being the day 1 OC or at the very least light a fire under Garxa

#154 Kwame Geathers DT UGA- Gotta get my big man crush in there.

6th RD and whatever other pick we get from the Jags we go WR/QB.

Update using WF mock-

Working out a trade would be fantastic, using the same Jags trade I used earlier I'd go with....

#50 David Amerson CB NC State- had one of the best years by college CB ever so I've read

#64 Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers- Strong leadership qualities, could step up and take that role in a year or 2. Briggs-Williams-Greene could be a pretty solid group.

#117 Brian Schwenke OC Cal- Could end up being the day 1 OC or at the very least light a fire under Garxa

I would love that draft, just dont think all will be there when we pick. I realize you used there mock for an example.

Update using WF mock-

I looked at WF mock and Greene was gone at 50, Schwenke was gone at 95, not sure which draft you used for your scenario.

Whoops, you're right. Add in a 6th rounder as well then....So #20 for 34/74/157/180 would work out and leave us with 3 picks in the top 75 vs on 2 and having to wait all the way till 117.

This make me wanna do another mock lol

Time to waste more time with another mock using the above scenario....since WF doesn't go 6 rounds I'll use drafttek.

#34- Larry Warford LG KY- Easy choice here, we need guards and he can step in right away at LG.

#50- David Amerson CB NC State- Ball hawking CB to develop behind Peanut/Jennings

#74- Sio Moore OLB UConn- Takes over for Roach

#117- Kiko Alonzo MLB Oregon- Potential MLB of the future, said to be great in coverage.

#153- Marquise Goodwin or Josh Boyce WR- Goodwin has the more speed but is raw, Boyce brings speed and a more complete player...I'd be happy with either.

#157- Kwame Geathers NT UGA- you know I had to squeeze him in there.

#180- Matt Scott QB Zona- Here's our QB to groom behind Cutler. Probably the most underrated QB in the draft.

#188- Braxton Cave OC ND- For whatever reason he's not even drafted in Draftteks mock despite being better than Johnson.

Just doin it to pass time, I'm sure ill take heat for waiting till our 8th pick to draft a WR but oh wells.

Time to waste more time with another mock using the above scenario....since WF doesn't go 6 rounds I'll use drafttek.

#34- Larry Warford LG KY- Easy choice here, we need guards and he can step in right away at LG.

#50- David Amerson CB NC State- Ball hawking CB to develop behind Peanut/Jennings

#74- Sio Moore OLB UConn- Takes over for Roach

#117- Kiko Alonzo MLB Oregon- Potential MLB of the future, said to be great in coverage.

#153- TJ Johnson OC S. Carolina- Had to look him up, looks like solid comp for Garza

#157- Kwame Geathers NT UGA- you know I had to squeeze him in there.

#180- Matt Scott QB Zona- Here's our QB to groom behind Cutler. Probably the most underrated QB in the draft.

#188- Jasper Collins WR Mount Union- A guy I'm starting to like as a late round steal.

Just doin it to pass time, I'm sure ill take heat for waiting till our 8th pick to draft a WR but oh wells.

This would be incredible. I might go through a bottle of lotion and a box of kleenex if this happened.