Jennings to the Vikes

scs787

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Vikings are giving Greg Jennings a five-year deal.

I saw this coming...Kind of a scary move esp if they can hit big on their 2 1st rounders. They still probably go with another WR in the first. This division will be tough.

They went from one WR that can't stay on the field to another. I'd be more scared of Harvin, but Jennings can be solid when healthy. Good thing Ponder sucks.

Mike Wallace would have been perfect for them, but as I mentioned a few days ago, Jennings is a good consolation prize. He's not nearly as dynamic as Percy Harvin, but he's usually a pretty sure handed receiver who can run every route in the playbook. I'm assuming they'll end up drafting another WR in the 1st to develop, and when you have Adrian Peterson as your RB, the developmental process for every WR is accelerated. Patterson or Austin makes a lot of sense for them.

Mike Wallace would have been perfect for them, but as I mentioned a few days ago, Jennings is a good consolation prize. He's not nearly as dynamic as Percy Harvin, but he's usually a pretty sure handed receiver who can run every route in the playbook. I'm assuming they'll end up drafting another WR in the 1st to develop, and when you have Adrian Peterson as your RB, the developmental process for every WR is accelerated. Patterson or Austin makes a lot of sense for them.

Agreed, they'll get another weapon in the first and if he ends up being any good they become scarier than with just Harvin. Plus they still have another 1st to address another need. If Warmack and Cooper are gone and one of the top WRs are I might be ok with pick a WR just so he doesn't end up in Minny....The draft is deep on WRs though so they'll get some kind of weapon there.

Guys, Jennings will be 30 in September. He gets hurt every year. He's not a huge threat anymore. This is another case of a team overpaying big time for an average player. This doesn't make Minnesota any better. I know it's news when a divisional team signs a guy but between Glover Quin, Reggie Bush and Greg Jennings, none of those guys are superstars and they don't make their teams MUCH better. If Minnesota had any corners or a quarterback, I'd be worried.

Mike Wallace will be the biggest bust in this offseason. He will have ok numbers but nothing to what he will be paid. Its all about valve.

Mike Wallace will be the biggest bust in this offseason. He will have ok numbers but nothing to what he will be paid. Its all about valve.

Money-wise, yeah, there's no way he's worth the kind of money he got, and he might flop in Miami, but in Minnesota, he would have been in a perfect situation. Adrian Peterson alone would get him open. If Ponder improves, even a little bit, I think Wallace would have put up career numbers with the Vikings.

Guys, Jennings will be 30 in September. He gets hurt every year. He's not a huge threat anymore. This is another case of a team overpaying big time for an average player. This doesn't make Minnesota any better. I know it's news when a divisional team signs a guy but between Glover Quin, Reggie Bush and Greg Jennings, none of those guys are superstars and they don't make their teams MUCH better. If Minnesota had any corners or a quarterback, I'd be worried.

Yeah, they gained Jennings, but lost Harvin. At most this is a wash.

When I see Jennings leaving I think of Javon Walker. I was laughing the other day when Welker signed and the media was decalring Thomas,Decker and Welker as the best WR tandem and I thought about Nelson,Cobb and Jones up north as much better IMO.

When I see Jennings leaving I think of Javon Walker. I was laughing the other day when Welker signed and the media was decalring Thomas,Decker and Welker as the best WR tandem and I thought about Nelson,Cobb and Jones up north as much better IMO.

Based on last year's stats, they would be the best trio ever combing for 297 receptions, 3852 yards, and 29 TD's. GNB's trio won't sniff those numbers.

The closest trio of Receivers is ATL (White, Jones, and Gonzalez) combining for 264 receptions, 3479 yards, and 25 TD's. Obviously Welker will take away targets from both Thomas and Decker, but I can see them having a season on par with ATL's receivers did in 2012.

Here are the only 4 teams to ever have 3x 1,000 yd WR's in one season:

ARZ 2008 (Warner 401/598-4583, 30 TD)

Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston - 262-3475 yds, 26 TDs

IND 2004 (Manning 336/497-4557, 49 TD)

Wayne, Harrison, Stokley - 231-3400 yds, 37 TDs

ATL 1995 (George 336/557-4143, 24 TD)

Metcalf, Emanuel, Mathis - 256-3267 yds, 22 TDs

WAS 1989 (Rypien 280/476-3768, 22 TD)

Monk, Clark, Sanders - 245-3353 yds, 21 TDs

E. James was the only player on two of these teams, and Manning has a chance to be the only QB to be on this list twice.