My first RD pick is????

Wesson44

Replace Austin with Brown and im good

IMHO its the offense that needs that one little element(speed WR) to gets us over the top and make the offense very explosive. Austin can do that for us...we have upgraded the o-line so it should be leaps and bounds above last year allowing Cutler to throw to more than just Marshall, also with Bennett at TE Cutler will now trust the TE position more than he did when Davis was here...so with Bennett, Marshall, Jeffrey, E. Bennett/Austin and Forte that is a nightmare for match up for a defense.

I like the possession receivers we already have. I really wouldn't mind adding a CB to the mix in the first round, it can help now and in the future. The Pack have 3 solid WRs in Nelson, Jones, and Cobb. Itd be nice to cover those guys with Tillman, Jennings, and say Desmond Trufant. Or a trade down for David Amerson would be pretty sweet.

Any of the three is good with me but among them I'd choose Cooper. All three would help tremendously but I'd still continue to fix the Oline and Cooper can anchor the C or one of the OG spots depending on who our best 5 are in camp. I wouldn't care if it were Carimi, Slauson, or Garza who sat on the bench as long as the best 5 are out there.

Austin is a unique talent but he's still just 175lbs. We can find a WR in a later round who can provide the speed we need. I'd be looking to go after a LB in round 2, hopefully Arthur Brown will still be there.

I like the possession receivers we already have. I really wouldn't mind adding a CB to the mix in the first round, it can help now and in the future. The Pack have 3 solid WRs in Nelson, Jones, and Cobb. Itd be nice to cover those guys with Tillman, Jennings, and say Desmond Trufant. Or a trade down for David Amerson would be pretty sweet.

He talked about Austin which not be considered a possession WR. I think we still have questions on our OL which may or may not work out, so I would have to take Warmack or Cooper if they are there, otherwise Austin would be a instant upgrade to our passing game.

You need to remember that the Packers had five good WR'S and a TE last year in Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb and Findley that beat us in some way or form. It would be nice to give them a taste of that with Marshall, Jeffery, M.Bennett, Austin, E.Bennett, Forte and Hestef.

OMG think about that 5 WR set with Marshall/Jeffrey outside. Austin and Hester/Bennett in the slot with either M.Bennett or Forte as the other element what a match-up pain, like the Pack likes to do

He talked about Austin which not be considered a possession WR. I think we still have questions on our OL which may or may not work out, so I would have to take Warmack or Cooper if they are there, otherwise Austin would be a instant upgrade to our passing game.

Oh I know Austin isn't a possession WR, I'm saying I like the Wrs we have already. 4 Guys, Marshall, Jeffery, and Bennettx2 who can all move the chains and move us down the field. Throw in Forte and ERod and we have 6 guys that can all play a role in the passing game. I'd pass on Austin or any WR in the first but thats just me. One later on will be needed for depth though, unless the practice squad guys emerge which is a possibility.

The OL is up in the air right now. I think Carimi "deserves" a legit chance at OG. He didn't perform that bad there last year and it would be nice to get something out of him so he's not a total bust. That said it'd be really hard to pass on Cooper or Warmack though. If the plan is to draft Cooper and play him at OC tho then I think that'd be a bad pick. I would like to see us add a OC in the 4th though.

At this point I'm leaning towards wanting a CB 1st round. It's a passing league so having 3 stud CBs would be nice...and Tillman isn't getting any younger.

Oh I know Austin isn't a possession WR, I'm saying I like the Wrs we have already. 4 Guys, Marshall, Jeffery, and Bennettx2 who can all move the chains and move us down the field. Throw in Forte and ERod and we have 6 guys that can all play a role in the passing game. I'd pass on Austin or any WR in the first but thats just me. One later on will be needed for depth though, unless the practice squad guys emerge which is a possibility.

The OL is up in the air right now. I think Carimi "deserves" a legit chance at OG. He didn't perform that bad there last year and it would be nice to get something out of him so he's not a total bust. That said it'd be really hard to pass on Cooper or Warmack though. If the plan is to draft Cooper and play him at OC tho then I think that'd be a bad pick. I would like to see us add a OC in the 4th though.

At this point I'm leaning towards wanting a CB 1st round. It's a passing league so having 3 stud CBs would be nice...and Tillman isn't getting any younger.

I do think we need to add to our CBs, with all the passing teams in the league, it can only help. What is cool , is we are in the position to take an impact player, which can be at many different positions.

I do think we need to add to our CBs, with all the passing teams in the league, it can only help. What is cool , is we are in the position to take an impact player, which can be at many different positions.

I agree, this whole draft is wide open right now and I love it. This has been the most excited I've been for a draft in quite sometime...Probably ever....

You need to remember that the Packers had five good WR'S and a TE last year in Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones, Cobb and Findley that beat us in some way or form. It would be nice to give them a taste of that with Marshall, Jeffery, M.Bennett, Austin, E.Bennett, Forte and Hestef.

OMG think about that 5 WR set with Marshall/Jeffrey outside. Austin and Hester/Bennett in the slot with either M.Bennett or Forte as the other element what a match-up pain, like the Pack likes to do

It's a great idea, but Cutler hasn't had time to utilize 5 receivers since the day he got off the plane in Chicago. If the OL is porous, again, it won't matter the weapons the Bears have. If you recall correctly, the same thing was said last year when the Bears got Marshall. It was a bunch of "OMG! With Marshall, Hester, Bennett, and Forte, we're nearly unstoppable!" And then after the draft it was "Holy hell! Marshall, Hester, Bennett, Jeffery, Forte, and Rodriguez! This will be Cutler's breakout year!"

Comparing them to the Packers just doesn't work. The Packers pass-block MUCH better than the Bears, and get penalized far less, which is a recipe to their success. It doesn't matter if you add Megatron to the mix if 4 of the 5 OLinemen are on roller-skates every other play; Cutler simply won't have time to exploit the positives of the skill players.

If i was going to pick someone with the 1st pick at # 20 to help us win this year my first three for the first would be.....

Tavon Austin

Jonathan Cooper

Alec Ogletree

For me it's obviously Cooper.

As for the other two, I'm almost always opposed to drafting a LB in the first round, but if it is between Ogletree and Austin there really isn't a decision to be made. It's Ogletree. I mean, how many years does the notion of a bad OL being linked to a bad offense have to be proven to Bears fans?

I agree, this whole draft is wide open right now and I love it. This has been the most excited I've been for a draft in quite sometime...Probably ever....

It's for that exact reason that this draft worries me more than most in the recent past. It provides a lot more latitude to pick based purely BPA while ignoring position of need. In my opinion there has to be a balance of sorts. If the next Joe Montana is there in the first, and everyone knows ahead of time he's going to turn out that way, then you draft him - Cutler be damned. But, unfortunately, we don't know that, which is why team need must be a factor.

It's for that exact reason that this draft worries me more than most in the recent past. It provides a lot more latitude to pick based purely BPA while ignoring position of need. In my opinion there has to be a balance of sorts. If the next Joe Montana is there in the first, and everyone knows ahead of time he's going to turn out that way, then you draft him - Cutler be damned. But, unfortunately, we don't know that, which is why team need must be a factor.

Team need is still factored, but I believe there are a few needs close to the same value, compared to 1 or 2 glaring needs forcing us to go to a specific position over BPA. Now we can essentially go BPA from OG, LB, CB, WR, DT and C. It looks to me that OG and LB are the biggest needs, with DT, CB, WR, and C as the next tier. The last tier would be OT and QB. I would be surprised if we selected RB, TE, S.

1 - OG / LB

2 - DT / CB / WR / C

3 - OT / QB

4 - RB / TE / S

5 - K / P

To me, DT is rising, and the 1st Round pick looks like it could be OG, LB, DT, CB, or WR.

Team need is still factored, but I believe there are a few needs close to the same value, compared to 1 or 2 glaring needs forcing us to go to a specific position over BPA. Now we can essentially go BPA from OG, LB, CB, WR, DT and C. It looks to me that OG and LB are the biggest needs, with DT, CB, WR, and C as the next tier. The last tier would be OT and QB. I would be surprised if we selected RB, TE, S.

1 - OG / LB

2 - DT / CB / WR / C

3 - OT / QB

4 - RB / TE / S

5 - K / P

To me, DT is rising, and the 1st Round pick looks like it could be OG, LB, DT, CB, or WR.

Very good post. I completely agree with the BPA based on tiers approach to drafting. I would put WR in the 3rd tier, and potentially move OT into the 2nd tier based upon whether or not the staff thinks Carimi can still play/compete at RT. If not, then OT is definitely in the second tier because no way in hell Webb is the long-term answer.