If the Bears had the #1 overall pick-

Ed Hochuli 3:16

and why?

If we had the number one pick ......I would trade down....with the moves we have made there is no true number one pick we need....... you know that got to have guy that we cant get later in the draft with the needs we have to fill

If we had the number one pick ......I would trade down....with the moves we have made there is no true number one pick we need....... you know that got to have guy that we cant get later in the draft with the needs we have to fill

Since this is all a dream, how about Aaron Rodgers several years ago.

Assuming we can't trade the pick, I'd probably take Joekel. I wouldn't have signed Bushrod if we had the #1 pick though. You can't go guard #1, so Warmack is out of the picture. There's no QB worthy of being a #1 pick either. I'd consider Milliner or Letoulele but Joekel would have made the most sense.

Guest TerraTor

If we had it as of right now... and no trade partners...

Sharrif Floyd... guy looks completely nuts on the field. And a great person off the field..

At this point? It's a toss up between Milliner and Jordan. As I've said in another thread, it's a passing league and Peanut isn't getting younger. Milliner locks down the nickle then moves to the outside when Peanut retires/moves to a safety position. Jordan is in the conversation though. He can play DE, or be a LB in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 so he offers up a lot of flexibility.

Assuming we can't trade the pick, I'd probably take Joekel. I wouldn't have signed Bushrod if we had the #1 pick though. You can't go guard #1, so Warmack is out of the picture. There's no QB worthy of being a #1 pick either. I'd consider Milliner or Letoulele but Joekel would have made the most sense.

exactly

If we had it as of right now... and no trade partners...

Sharrif Floyd... guy looks completely nuts on the field. And a great person off the field..

Same here, Love the guy.

Any answer other than this one is wrong.

At this point? It's a toss up between Milliner and Jordan. As I've said in another thread, it's a passing league and Peanut isn't getting younger. Milliner locks down the nickle then moves to the outside when Peanut retires/moves to a safety position. Jordan is in the conversation though. He can play DE, or be a LB in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 so he offers up a lot of flexibility.

Jordan!? Are you kidding me?! A guy who some have described as "raw" because he lacks rushing technique and relies exclusively on athleticism?! A guy who is coming off a shoulder surgery?! A player who is almost universally considered as someone who needs to bulk up?!

He'll go high because this is a weak year for pass rushers, because he's fast/explosive, and he shows the most potential, but there is no way he's a #1 overall guy.

Jordan!? Are you kidding me?! A guy who some have described as "raw" because he lacks rushing technique and relies exclusively on athleticism?! A guy who is coming off a shoulder surgery?! A player who is almost universally considered as someone who needs to bulk up?!

He'll go high because this is a weak year for pass rushers, because he's fast/explosive, and he shows the most potential, but there is no way he's a #1 overall guy.

Yes, Dion Jordan, the guy who is picked # 2 in the last 4 mock drafts posted on NFL.com. The guy who is the most explosive defensive player in the draft. You're right, he shows the most potential and in a year where the starting lineup is set for the most part I draft the guy with the most potential. IMO he has the ability to be a game changer with his speed and size (6'6" 4.54 40). I'd probably rather have Milliner though.

If this question was meant to be posted a month ago I'd agree with you and say Joeckel. I'm not sure of the intent of the question though.

Yes, Dion Jordan, the guy who is picked # 2 in the last 4 mock drafts posted on NFL.com. The guy who is the most explosive defensive player in the draft. You're right, he shows the most potential and in a year where the starting lineup is set for the most part I draft the guy with the most potential. IMO he has the ability to be a game changer with his speed and size (6'6" 4.54 40). I'd probably rather have Milliner though.

If this question was meant to be posted a month ago I'd agree with you and say Joeckel. I'm not sure of the intent of the question though.

That's too much risk on potential for me.