Zach Ertz

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I thought he was a 2-3rd Rd pick?

He more than likely is. There are still some guys I would like in 4th-5th round if the Bears truly do want to pick up a 2nd big TE....

Like I mentioned before I'm a huge Levine Toiolo fan, if he wasn't stuck behind Ertz and Fleener over at "Tight end U" I think his stock would be higher. He more than likely will be available in the 5th.

Dion Sims is another guy who could be had in the 5th. Scouting reports are comparing him to our own Martellus Bennett

Player Comparison: Martellus Bennett. Sims is very similar to Bennett. Both players are put together extremely well with the strength to move defensive linemen around in the ground game.

Bennett (6-6, 265) is a physical freak who looks faster and more explosive than Sims, however Sims could slim down some in the NFL to improve his speed. Bennett has weighed in the 280s in the past, which is around where Sims was listed by Michigan State. Bennett was a second-round pick by the Cowboys in the 2008 NFL Draft, and Sims could go as high as the second round this April.

Whether or not they want a player that similar to Bennett is up for debate.

Joseph Fauria's name was brought up awhile ago by some guys here and could be had in the 5th as well.

Chris Gragg set the combine on fire and will probably be there in the 4th or 5th but he's a little "undersized". I'd like to think if they want "undersized" they should just give ERod the position.

Evan could end up being the FB though which I don't mind esp if he gets utilized like Trestman utilized the FB position when he was with the 9ers. The 2 years he was the OC there the FB position had 112 catches for 802 yards. So if the Bears get Evan involved like those guys I wouldn't be mad at all that they put their 4th round pick their.

The more and more I think about it, with only 5 picks, I don't think we use one on a TE when we signed Bennett and Maneri, and still have Kyle Adams on the roster. Plus ERod can easily slide into that role if needed.

To me, we are only going to look at OL, DT, LB, CB, WR, and QB. Any other position is almost a waste unless someone drops.

The more and more I think about it, with only 5 picks, I don't think we use one on a TE when we signed Bennett and Maneri, and still have Kyle Adams on the roster. Plus ERod can easily slide into that role if needed.

To me, we are only going to look at OL, DT, LB, CB, WR, and QB. Any other position is almost a waste unless someone drops.

Thing is we have no clue what Trestman wants the offense to look like. He could value a TE over a WR. He could want ERod at FB. Maneri can just provide depth. Kyle Adams might not even be in the big picture. If they end up drafting a TE it's because they plan on using another one.

The more I think about it the more I would love a TE at some point. It's gonna be awfully hard for teams to defend 2 big TEs without putting LBs on them, which then makes the OLs job easier because they will have less people to block. I really do love the idea but would understand if they didn't go that route.

Charlie Campbell's new "trades" mock has the Bears moving down to 22, and then again moving down with Houston to take Eifert. This would give them Eifert + (he doesn't mention the return but...) most likely a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th, maybe more.

Moving down two spots is only going to get you a 5th or a 6th, well worth it, and with Houston they have an extra 2nd and 6th so I suspect that would come to us. So Eifert, a 3rd,6th,6th. I would do that. It would give us 8 picks to work with.

Moving down two spots is only going to get you a 5th or a 6th, well worth it, and with Houston they have an extra 2nd and 6th so I suspect that would come to us. So Eifert, a 3rd,6th,6th. I would do that. It would give us 8 picks to work with.

Moving down from 20 to 22 is equivalent to the #112 pick (mid 4th rounder) and STL has pick #113, so I assume it is that pick.

Houston moving up from 27 to 22 would be worth pick #100 (early 4th) and HOU has pick #95 (Comp 3rd), so that would make sense too.

So we would end up with:

27 (1) -

50 (2) -

95 (3) -

113 (4) -

117 (4) -

153 (5) -

188 (6) -

That would not be too bad for only 7 slots. I would love to flip it again and move into the early 2nd and then group some of these picks up and move back into the 3rd. 4 picks in the first 100 picks would be awesome.

Moving down from 20 to 22 is equivalent to the #112 pick (mid 4th rounder) and STL has pick #113, so I assume it is that pick.

Houston moving up from 27 to 22 would be worth pick #100 (early 4th) and HOU has pick #95 (Comp 3rd), so that would make sense too.

So we would end up with:

27 (1) -

50 (2) -

95 (3) -

113 (4) -

117 (4) -

153 (5) -

188 (6) -

That would not be too bad for only 7 slots. I would love to flip it again and move into the early 2nd and then group some of these picks up and move back into the 3rd. 4 picks in the first 100 picks would be awesome.

you cant trade comp picks.