Top 3 Picks

adam

Using NFLDraftScout's Prospect Rankings, I filtered it for only CB/DT/ILB/WR/OT/OG/C/TE/QB, then figured out who might be available at our current top 3 picks (20, 50, and 117). For the 1st round, I figured +/-10, 2nd round +/-12, and 4th round +/-20. I was assuming this is how far someone could fall and how far we might reach on a pick. Here are the groups:

20 - (+/-10)

11 - X. Rhodes, CB

12 - J. Cooper, OG

13 - T. Austin, WR

14 - C. Patterson, WR

15 - S. Lotulelei, DT

17 - S. Richardson, DT

18 - S. Williams, DT

19 - T. Eifert, TE

- 20 -

22 - D. Fluker, OT

23 - D. Trufant, CB

24 - M. Watson, OT

25 - A. Ogletree, LB

26 - R. Woods, WR

27 - J. Taylor, CB

30 - E. Manuel, AB

50 - (+/-12)

38 - Z. Ertz, TE

39 - J. Hankins, DT

41 - D. Hopkins, WR

42 - J. Banks, CB

44 - A. Brown, LB

45 - J. Williams, DT

46 - K. Minter, LB

47 - K. Short, DT

48 - R. Nassib, QB

49 - T. Armstead, OT

- 50 -

50 - J. Hunter, WR

52 - J. Pugh, OT

53 - D. Amerson, CB

54 - L. Warford, OG

55 - K. Long, OG

57 - T. Frederick, C

59 - T. Williams, WR

61 - D. Hayden, CB

62 - T. Wilson, QB

117 - (+/-20)

98 - B. Jones, C

101 - A. Bailey, OG

102 - L. McFadden, CB

103 - S. Bailey, WR

104 - A. Klein, LB

105 - L. Jones, QB

109 - V. Painter, OT

113 - A. Dobson, WR

114 - L. Ryan, CB

- 117 -

117 - J. Reed, TE

118 - A. Spence, DT

119 - C. Harper, WR

122 - K. Holmes, C

124 - J. Bostic, LB

125 - D. Quessenberry, OT

128 - B. Webb, CB

130 - T. Simon, CB

131 - B. Williams, OT

132 - K. Stills, WR

134 - D. Thomas, OT

135 - M. Hughes, DT

137 - H. Thornton, OG

To me, we really need to trade down, as #20 doesn't seem to have the same value as it would in other years.

Not to get too off track here but I read a tweet from Chris Mortenson about the Bills locking in on drafting Ryan Nassib at #8. He's the one quarterback that I'd be okay with the Bears taking a chance on. He's got a cannon of an arm.

He'll carry over well with his old HC as well....

but at #8? REAAACCCHHHHH

Using NFLDraftScout's Prospect Rankings, I filtered it for only CB/DT/ILB/WR/OT/OG/C/TE/QB, then figured out who might be available at our current top 3 picks (20, 50, and 117). For the 1st round, I figured +/-10, 2nd round +/-12, and 4th round +/-20. I was assuming this is how far someone could fall and how far we might reach on a pick. Here are the groups:

20 - (+/-10)

11 - X. Rhodes, CB

12 - J. Cooper, OG

13 - T. Austin, WR

14 - C. Patterson, WR

15 - S. Lotulelei, DT

17 - S. Richardson, DT

18 - S. Williams, DT

19 - T. Eifert, TE

- 20 -

22 - D. Fluker, OT

23 - D. Trufant, CB

24 - M. Watson, OT

25 - A. Ogletree, LB

26 - R. Woods, WR

27 - J. Taylor, CB

30 - E. Manuel, AB

50 - (+/-12)

38 - Z. Ertz, TE

39 - J. Hankins, DT

41 - D. Hopkins, WR

42 - J. Banks, CB

44 - A. Brown, LB

45 - J. Williams, DT

46 - K. Minter, LB

47 - K. Short, DT

48 - R. Nassib, QB

49 - T. Armstead, OT

- 50 -

50 - J. Hunter, WR

52 - J. Pugh, OT

53 - D. Amerson, CB

54 - L. Warford, OG

55 - K. Long, OG

57 - T. Frederick, C

59 - T. Williams, WR

61 - D. Hayden, CB

62 - T. Wilson, QB

117 - (+/-20)

98 - B. Jones, C

101 - A. Bailey, OG

102 - L. McFadden, CB

103 - S. Bailey, WR

104 - A. Klein, LB

105 - L. Jones, QB

109 - V. Painter, OT

113 - A. Dobson, WR

114 - L. Ryan, CB

- 117 -

117 - J. Reed, TE

118 - A. Spence, DT

119 - C. Harper, WR

122 - K. Holmes, C

124 - J. Bostic, LB

125 - D. Quessenberry, OT

128 - B. Webb, CB

130 - T. Simon, CB

131 - B. Williams, OT

132 - K. Stills, WR

134 - D. Thomas, OT

135 - M. Hughes, DT

137 - H. Thornton, OG

To me, we really need to trade down, as #20 doesn't seem to have the same value as it would in other years.

I have to admit, your really good at putting stats together. You should apply at PFF. I would not be upset if any of the front listed was chosen. In the next group, I would go Olgetree,Trufant,Fluker in that order. With the second pick, out of the first group only Hankins and Hopkins with make my mouth dry. The second list I would take any of the linemen or CBs. With the 3rd pick first group, Jones or Logan. The second set I would take Stills,Spence Bostic in that order. The first pick will determine the next and so forth.I would like Olgetree, Warford and Stills.

ogletree is dropping right now. Mayock and kiper are having him the 3rd best LB in this draft, They are not convinced he can hold up in the middle, Brown and Teo are ahead in thier mocks.

He is not perfect but he has the potenial to be good there. He is rated the best cover LB, so in our scheme that would put him at the top of the list.

ogletree is dropping right now. Mayock and kiper are having him the 3rd best LB in this draft, They are not convinced he can hold up in the middle, Brown and Teo are ahead in thier mocks.

Its obvious Scouts are getting the word out that Ogletree isn't a 1st Round pick and that surprises me a bit. Perhaps he was the clown who tore up his hotel room? It wouldn't surprise me.

However I'm not sure where you're getting they're rating Brown higher. Kiper has Brown as his 5th best OLB....doesn't even mention him as a MLB. The more and more I hear- I get the feeling we won't be taking a MLB in RD 1.

I have to admit, your really good at putting stats together. You should apply at PFF. I would not be upset if any of the front listed was chosen. In the next group, I would go Olgetree,Trufant,Fluker in that order. With the second pick, out of the first group only Hankins and Hopkins with make my mouth dry. The second list I would take any of the linemen or CBs. With the 3rd pick first group, Jones or Logan. The second set I would take Stills,Spence Bostic in that order. The first pick will determine the next and so forth.I would like Olgetree, Warford and Stills.

Thanks, I just like to break things down from different angles to see if there are trends or other interesting perspectives.

Its obvious Scouts are getting the word out that Ogletree isn't a 1st Round pick and that surprises me a bit. Perhaps he was the clown who tore up his hotel room? It wouldn't surprise me.

However I'm not sure where you're getting they're rating Brown higher. Kiper has Brown as his 5th best OLB....doesn't even mention him as a MLB. The more and more I hear- I get the feeling we won't be taking a MLB in RD 1.

It was on NFL Network yesterday, Had Mayock on was rating all positions, The analyst said Kiper is going with about the same lineup.

If there is any indication by our private workouts, LB is a dominate position we brought in. Prospects were anywhere from 1st round types to 4th. Somewhere in our first 3 picks will be a LBer.