G Brown

T Webb

T Scott

C Garza

G Long

G Slauson

T Bushrod

T Webb, Scott, Carimi

Huge difference interior wise and on left side. Iam sure this will be much better then prior years and could be solid for many years to come.

Guest TerraTor

C Garza

G Carimi

G Brown

T Webb

T Scott

C Garza

G Long

G Slauson

T Bushrod

T Webb, Scott, Carimi

Huge difference interior wise and on left side. Iam sure this will be much better then prior years and could be solid for many years to come.

Dont count on Garza being at C once Round 4-5 comes around

Guest TerraTor
EXACTLY. It was the #1 and #2 greatest need. Emery is trying to allow Cutler a chance at a successful offense.

Too bad our Defense cant stop anybody

No i dont own a TV or watch any games. you nailed it

Well, according to the metric that tries to compare apples to apples, we had the #1 defense in the league last year (I had another post about it but it's been awhile). I'm actually quite pessimistic about where our D is headed myself, but we can't know the future. We do know our D was great just last year.

Guest TerraTor
Well, according to the metric that tries to compare apples to apples, we had the #1 defense in the league last year (I had another post about it but it's been awhile). I'm actually quite pessimistic about where our D is headed myself, but we can't know the future. We do know our D was great just last year.

I just think our LB Corp is about as weak (at least passed 2013) as it could be. Our Safeties are idiots and without the man-in-the-middle its gonna show

I just think our LB Corp is about as weak (at least passed 2013) as it could be. Our Safeties are idiots and without the man-in-the-middle its gonna show

They can always draft an OLB later on this draft (Zaviar Gooden PlZ) and go ILB in the first round next year while DJ Williams and James Anderson, who are more than competent LBs, play out this season....I can also see 1, or both, come back next year.

I know you're miffed about the team not picking Ogletree (and letting Url go) but I'm fairly confident that the team will pick either Teo or Brown tomorrow. Me personally hope its Teo as I'm not convinced that Brown is the answer.

Truth be told I'm really pulling for the Bears to draft both Barrett Jones and Jordan Rodgers at some point. Time will tell.

How about:

RT Long

RG Carimi

C Schwenke

LG Slauson

LT Bushrod

or

RT Long

RG Warford

C Garza

LG Slauson

LT Bushrod

Long still gets overextended on some blocks in space. I think Kromer needs to work with him for at least a year inside to fix some of his mechanics. The athletic ability is there. I'd be very happy if we got Schwenke. That would round out virtually a complete overhaul of the Oline in one offseason.

Long still gets overextended on some blocks in space. I think Kromer needs to work with him for at least a year inside to fix some of his mechanics. The athletic ability is there. I'd be very happy if we got Schwenke. That would round out virtually a complete overhaul of the Oline in one offseason.

I'm on an OL high right now. I wouldn't mind if they drafted Terron Armstead in the 2nd and Schwenke in the 4th. I'm just ready for some big guy domination!

I know you're miffed about the team not picking Ogletree (and letting Url go) but I'm fairly confident that the team will pick either Teo or Brown tomorrow. Me personally hope its Teo as I'm not convinced that Brown is the answer.

Truth be told I'm really pulling for the Bears to draft both Barrett Jones and Jordan Rodgers at some point. Time will tell.

That would be absolutely ideal. If Te'o fell all the way to the Bears next pick it would be an absolute steal. And then to get Barrett Jones later would be unbelievably good.

Figured as much since you think the D sucks so bad yet was ranked 3rd in pts, 5th in yards, 3rd in first downs, and 8th in passing as well as rushing yards.

Terra is a shrill one but frankly I don't think anyone expects the D to be as good this year. After years of guys on this board ripping on The Lovie 2, we're going to find out what happens next. And obviously you don't replace a Brian Urlacher and expect stellar results. Just look at the difference with/without #54 in the lineup over the last few years.

Peanut's a year older, so is Briggs. Secondary ain't great, regardless. I wouldn't be surprised if the D slipped into the bottom half statistically this year. So TT, despite never watching a game, may have a point.

Terra is a shrill one but frankly I don't think anyone expects the D to be as good this year. After years of guys on this board ripping on The Lovie 2, we're going to find out what happens next. And obviously you don't replace a Brian Urlacher and expect stellar results. Just look at the difference with/without #54 in the lineup over the last few years.

Peanut's a year older, so is Briggs. Secondary ain't great, regardless. I wouldn't be surprised if the D slipped into the bottom half statistically this year. So TT, despite never watching a game, may have a point.

I agree the D is questionable. I've said as much many times since they are not consistently top ten, despite what some Lovie fans would lead to believe. Nonetheless, where there are negatives (you mentioned some), there are also positives. Paea and McClellin are one year more seasoned and not coached by Lovie & crew. Jennings should be a monster at CB this year. The safeties will do better through sheer competition. And despite how much I hate losing him, Urlacher being replaced by the players the Bears got actually adds speed to the LB corp (Will speed make up for leadership/knowledge? We will see.).

Terra just made it sound like the D was horrible last year, and we needed to draft a ton of D. That couldn't be anything further from the truth.

I can't see why the D cannot be better this year, Lovie's scheme was fundamentally poor and we have most of the good players returning.

Urlacher's departure was a gain, not a loss. He was not up to par last year and has not played a full year since when?

How can the secondary not be great with two of the best cornerbacks around and two solid safeties with capable backups behind them? Huh?

Urlacher is a Hall of Fame LB but when you consider the drop off without him part of that is also the fact the LBs drafted, and we spend several mid-round picks on them under JA and Lovie, were horrible. We never had any depth and it was an achilles heel of our defense for the last few seasons.