Timothy Tebow

scs787

Easy solution...stop replying and the topic will fall down the slide.

I should listen to my own advice. Do as I say, not as I do!

:P

(Like 6 years ago the board decided that we should just leave all NFL related talk, Bears or not, in this forum because it's the only one most people came to use. The end result of that is several dozen posts on Tebow in the Bears forum every few months. Y'all may decide whether or not that's a sufficient sacrifice).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYBODY can make short yardage throws in the NFL if you are playing against a PREVENT DEFENSE that puts little or no pressure on the qb and leaves him a wide open zone for short 5-10 yard passes!!!!!!!

also, you tell me after looking at those statistics in the bears game wasn't nearly EVERY throw he made a short yardage pass?? my god man we have seen this CRAP play (inaccuracy, slow release, inaccuracy, sacks. poor decisions AND inaccuracy) from nearly every qb we have fielded in 40 FREAKING YEARS and you want another one with the media baggage this guy brings????!!! bring back cade mcnown... he fits the bill perfectly.

what freaking EVER!!! this guy doesn't show up for 3 1/2 quarters and scrapes together a couple of cheap scores in a low scoring game >>>LOW SCORING GAME

does quinn sound familiar? cade mcnown, caleb hanie, chad hutchinson, kordell stewart, chris chandler, henry burris, shane mathews, steve stenstrom, moses moreno, rick mirer, and on and on and on?

yea right. the packers and ANY team that can score a normal amount of points in a game during those previous 3.5 quarters would eat us alive!! they could give him 20 in a row completed short passes and never even blink.

ok i'm not that familiar with mccown's abilities. so tell me how much better little timmy is and all the amazing upside he has more than mccown. other than mobility is it on field EXPERIENCE, age? arm strength? smarts, interplanetary carrisma?

mccown: http://www.nfl.com/player/joshmccown/2505076/careerstats

Like others, you confuse desire with a simple option. Desire is the best option, but since it's rarely attainable, and the Bears can't have Tom Brady as a backup, another option must be taken. In that regard, if it were up to me, I'd rather have Tebow as an option than McCown. That's all I'm saying. We saw enough of McCown in 2011 to know that he will never amount to more than a clipboard holder. Tebow proved much more in his limited time. There is no arguing this fact.