Timothy Tebow

scs787

A team gives $100 million to Peyton Manning with a neck injury.

A team drafts Geno Smith in the 2nd round and wants Mark Sanchez instead.

These were 2 scenarios where Tim Tebow was shown the door. The Broncos took a $100 million risk on a QB with 4 neck injuries and the Jets would rather try their situation with a 2nd round QB and a horrible, veteran QB, both over Tim Tebow. Now, I'm supposed to want Tebow on the Bears when the Bears' 30 year old QB with everything to gain in a contract year is about to finally be with an offensive coach?

Tebow sucks. No thank you. And plus, there is a 0% chance he is playing in Chicago next year. Case closed.

I'll chime in with another "these are bad arguments for your side of the debate."

A risk on potentially the best QB of all time is not really a risk. You make that move every single day of the week, and twice on Sunday. There were indications that Manning would come back, it was just unknown at what level. Manning at 75% is better than most QBs in the league, much less Tebow.

Everything the Jets do is null and void. That organization is a F'ing joke. To trade for him, never play him, create the media circus, see how badly Sanchez played, then leapfrog Tebow with a 3rd stringer, then see Tebow busting his ass more than anyone else in the offseason, then release him the day AFTER the draft? That's just unprofessional and appears to be personal.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 thing all qbs that trestman worked with had in common is they all at least had the talent and he found a way to get out out of them. Tebow has worked with several qb gurus going back to per draft workouts yet his mechanics still suck. Can't hit broad side of barn and still has a super long throwing motion and I'm supposed to believe that Marc I'd so great he can do it Lol. I swear some forget how lucky he got. We saw it 1st hand. U cant tell me he caused dude to run out of bounds inexplicably. Or he caused dude to fumble or he kicked that 58 yd fog Lol. Go back and check out stats from 2011 with Denver. 7 games completing 10 or fewer passes. Actually had a 3 game stretch where he completed 20-46. What's that 1 really bad game from cutler. Instead all his tebowites can talk about during that 3 game stretch is that "HE WON" all 3 of those games. If tebow really steps up his game we are talking about what a 50% completion instead of 47% why can't we demand more out of our qb. If tebow is here we must win on defense and running the ball 40+ times per game. And if we fall behind at all we screwed. At least with mccown I know I can have him throw it 25 times.

Don't fool yourself. If the Bears are in a situation where McCown throws it 25 times, they are definitely losing that game.

Don't fool yourself. If the Bears are in a situation where McCown throws it 25 times, they are definitely losing that game.

Exact same thing can be said about tebow right Lol. So if its equal why invite the circus. And that circus wasn't created by the jets. That circus was there since before he entered the league. He's nothing but joke and he will be out of this league unless he changes position

Exact same thing can be said about tebow right Lol. So if its equal why invite the circus. And that circus wasn't created by the jets. That circus was there since before he entered the league. He's nothing but joke and he will be out of this league unless he changes position

I totally agree with this. If he'd spent the last year trying to turn himself into a tight end or a running back, he might well be an effective player.

You know why that circus was created?? Because he wins, and he's one of the most passionate leaders to ever come into the NFL. People want to root for that guy. The media has just overblown the whole Tebow thing and has made him one of the most annoying players in the league. It's to no fault of his own.

All you guys wanna do is bring up his completion percentage, which is valid, but not one of the Tebow haters has brought up or addressed his intangibles. He is an excellent leader who will give the team a spark and he knows how to run the ball. If you get teams worried about him running the ball then it opens the D up for Tebow to make the easy passes that he can make. And when that happens thats when he makes the throws like he did in the following video.

Not the exact same thing. If Tebow has to throw 25 times, the Bears probably lose. But Tebow has more available options, which is why he was an offensive threat while playing for the Broncos. Otherwise teams would have been able to simply load up the box with 9 or 10 and say, "Beat us with the pass."

You know why that circus was created?? Because he wins, and he's one of the most passionate leaders to ever come into the NFL. People want to root for that guy. The media has just overblown the whole Tebow thing and has made him one of the most annoying players in the league. It's to no fault of his own.

All you guys wanna do is bring up his completion percentage, which is valid, but not one of the Tebow haters has brought up or addressed his intangibles. He is an excellent leader who will give the team a spark and he knows how to run the ball. If you get teams worried about him running the ball then it opens the D up for Tebow to make the easy passes that he can make. And when that happens thats when he makes the throws like he did in the following video.

Never said it was all his fault. A lot is on media. However the facts still remain he's not even a good qb. If he was teams would be knocking down his door to sign him cheaply. Even after 2011 only jax and jets wanted him and jax was because of putting butts in the seats. Its also well documented that he's a horrible practice player

Never said it was all his fault. A lot is on media. However the facts still remain he's not even a good qb. If he was teams would be knocking down his door to sign him cheaply. Even after 2011 only jax and jets wanted him and jax was because of putting butts in the seats. Its also well documented that he's a horrible practice player

None of it is his fault really, it's all the media.

Not the exact same thing. If Tebow has to throw 25 times, the Bears probably lose. But Tebow has more available options, which is why he was an offensive threat while playing for the Broncos. Otherwise teams would have been able to simply load up the box with 9 or 10 and say, "Beat us with the pass."

An offensive threat with Denver. Dude please pass whatever it is your smoking cuz it must be good. If he truly was an offensive threat with Denver and its fact that he's a great guy and great teammate then why in the world were only 2 teams even interested in him after that "great" yr and now that he's a UFA nobody wants him at QB. We all know that Brandon Marshall can get pissed and moody if he's not getting the ball so your idea is to bring in a guy that on a good day would struggle to get him the ball. So that then would piss Marshall off and hurt the locker room. Great plan. And if trestman has worked with him in the past, is considered a qb guru and he even wants no part of him now. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Ever listen yo Brandon Lloyd talk about 2011 when tebow was at qb. Dude was glad to get out of town. Dude threw tebow under the bus. Only thing he could say nice about him was "he's a nice guy". That's gotta sting

have any of you tebow supporters watched this guy play??

the only thing i see is that this guy fits perfectly in the GIANT laundry list of worthless qb's we have fielded for 40+ YEARS!! so yea - a perfect fit for chicago's tradition of qb's from the stone age.

that said... why would you want a ham-and-egger, at his very best, qb in chicago now that we have the makings of a real offensive minded coach calling the shots? you DON'T want to bring in some guy that will take 10+ years to become average (quinn ring any bells?). you want to bring in some young talent that you can mold and develop into a good qb and use him as trade bait (if your #1 is STILL a #1) and garner some 1st and 2nd round picks in your future like the packers and patriots do.

it's mindboggling anyone would want this guy to waste a roster spot on with no future gains out of it.

He's still on waivers until 4pm today. Teams would have to pay his whole contract if they claim him off waivers. No one is gonna pay him that but I wouldn't be surprised if a few teams who need a backup QB take a chance on him.

All Lloyd said was he wasn't sure his style of play will hold up in the NFL...This was before the whole read option in the NFL trend became relevant.

Lloyd was only trying to throw him in front of the Fiat, not the bus... It's the polite way of saying he's not NFL calibur.

He's still on waivers until 4pm today. Teams would have to pay his whole contract if they claim him off waivers. No one is gonna pay him that but I wouldn't be surprised if a few teams who need a backup QB take a chance on him.

All Lloyd said was he wasn't sure his style of play will hold up in the NFL...This was before the whole read option in the NFL trend became relevant.

the only thing i see is that this guy fits perfectly in the GIANT laundry list of worthless qb's we have fielded for 40+ YEARS!! so yea - a perfect fit for chicago's tradition of qb's from the stone age.

that said... why would you want a ham-and-egger, at his very best, qb in chicago now that we have the makings of a real offensive minded coach calling the shots? you DON'T want to bring in some guy that will take 10+ years to become average (quinn ring any bells?). you want to bring in some young talent that you can mold and develop into a good qb and use him as trade bait (if your #1 is STILL a #1) and garner some 1st and 2nd round picks in your future like the packers and patriots do.

it's mindboggling anyone would want this guy to waste a roster spot on with no future gains out of it.

Yup, I saw him beat the Bears a few years back with the intangibles he brings, and I just posted his highlight video from his rookie season a view posts ago....You catch that one? I also watched him in a few games in college where he ripped through the NFL prospect league that is the SEC.

I agree with your statement on bringing in some young talent that can be used as trade bait but for this year we dont have that, we have Josh McCown. What future gains do we have with 33 year old Josh McCown as our backup? If Trestman can continue to work on Tebows mechanics and he gets a shot due to a Cutler injury you have a much better shot at trading him vs trading Josh McCown.

Yup, I saw him beat the Bears a few years back with the intangibles he brings, and I just posted his highlight video from his rookie season a view posts ago....You catch that one? I also watched him in a few games in college where he ripped through the NFL prospect league that is the SEC.

I agree with your statement on bringing in some young talent that can be used as trade bait but for this year we dont have that, we have Josh McCown. What future gains do we have with 33 year old Josh McCown as our backup? If Trestman can continue to work on Tebows mechanics and he gets a shot due to a Cutler injury you have a much better shot at trading him vs trading Josh McCown.

Trestman doesn't even want a part of this and its quite clear u didn't watch that bears game. We had them dead to rights if dude doesn't run out of bounds inexplicably. That's not tebow doing. Then same dude fumbled. Again not tebow doing either. Then kicker hits 58 yd fg. Last I checked none of that was tebow. So did "he" beat us or was it more a case of us beating ourselves and this was when we had a nobody playing qb. During that yr how many times did he face a backup qb or even 3rd string. Look into how well that D played. That D was out of its mind

He's a "leader." One of the most overrated things in sports, right next to "a team needs chemistry to win."

Ed Reed ripped Joe Flacco a few years ago. Ben Roethlisberger went ahead and crashed a motorcycle + was accused of 2 rapes. Eli Manning is always yelling at his own guys, same as his brother. But now, they're "leaders" because they were the QB's of teams who won Super Bowls. Leader. LOL

How do you know he's a leader? Because he yells and pumps his first after finally completing his 3rd pass of the game, 57 minutes in? Stop. He's horrible. The Broncos didn't want him, and only the Jets wanted him after that. Now he didn't cut it there, and now nobody but the CFL or UFSL wants him now. If teams who NEED quarterbacks- Jaguars, Bills, Jets, Raiders- don't want him, why do you want him on the Bears?

Trestman doesn't even want a part of this and its quite clear u didn't watch that bears game. We had them dead to rights if dude doesn't run out of bounds inexplicably. That's not tebow doing. Then same dude fumbled. Again not tebow doing either. Then kicker hits 58 yd fg. Last I checked none of that was tebow. So did "he" beat us or was it more a case of us beating ourselves and this was when we had a nobody playing qb. During that yr how many times did he face a backup qb or even 3rd string. Look into how well that D played. That D was out of its mind

You didn't hear? He first magically "led" Cutler to getting hurt weeks before only for Caleb Hanie to play. Then during the game, he magically "led" Marion Barber out of bounds and and then he magically made that 58 yard FG to win it for Denver. He is such a leader. He has such great intangibles, great enough where nobody wants him.

Still put up 285 yards in that game to put them in a position to win that game.

Also watched him put up 366 yards in the playoffs.

Sorry, I still say that's incorrect. The Marion Barber run out of bounds was the final nail in the coffin, nothing more. The real downfall of the team during that game was a combination of prevent defense and gutless playcalling, both of which shortened the Bears TOP while giving the Broncos more chances. Thankfully, Lovie Smith's "three point lead protecting"-ass is no longer with the organization. No clue why a team would completely shut out an opponent with gameplan A for three quarters, and then completely change things around in the fourth quarter. Barber is nothing more than the goat in all of this.

Tebow is only 25. You're not talking about Brett Favre or Joe Montana here. Heck Cleveland's SECOND YEAR QB Weeden is 29. I ask again, where has Tebow really had the opportunity to be given the tutelage he might actually fourish from? Sure he worked with Trestman for all of half a day....how long ago was that again? Would he have (or maybe still) been considered "raw talent" with plenty of upside? Again, I'm not suggesting someone to supplant Cutler, just step in if needed. If he comes off waivers and is available at a low cost, why not?

Tebow is only 25. You're not talking about Brett Favre or Joe Montana here. Heck Cleveland's SECOND YEAR QB Weeden is 29. I ask again, where has Tebow really had the opportunity to be given the tutelage he might actually fourish from? Sure he worked with Trestman for all of half a day....how long ago was that again? Would he have (or maybe still) been considered "raw talent" with plenty of upside? Again, I'm not suggesting someone to supplant Cutler, just step in if needed. If he comes off waivers and is available at a low cost, why not?

Montreal in the CFL holds his rights and they even said he could come in and compete for backup Lol. Amazing that ppl still think he's great yet no one really wants him lol