Larry Mayer

jason

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalk-tal...d0-394fa8a6cdcf

Will Lance Briggs be moved to middle linebacker to control the defense?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY!? These are the questions he gets? These are the questions he answers?!

If the question was sent from someone on this board...

3r86mi.jpg

Some yahoo probably saw the interview with Briggs saying he was calling the defensive plays and put 6 and 9 together, but yeah, out of all the questions to ask, that one gets answered.

Some yahoo probably saw the interview with Briggs saying he was calling the defensive plays and put 6 and 9 together, but yeah, out of all the questions to ask, that one gets answered.

It's infuriating! I asked legit questions in the past, and they never get answered. Almost nothing of significance ever gets answered.

Maybe next he can answer whether Jay Cutler has the starter's role locked up this year.

It's infuriating! I asked legit questions in the past, and they never get answered. Almost nothing of significance ever gets answered.

Maybe next he can answer whether Jay Cutler has the starter's role locked up this year.

If they answered legit ? then someone would end up being accountable. As things stand, it is just space filler.

If they answered legit ? then someone would end up being accountable. As things stand, it is just space filler.

Exactly. It's a rah rah fluff piece, not meant to be journalism. He answers the "What's your favorite stadium for hot dogs?" type questions because that's what he's being paid to do.

Fact is most journalism these days ain't what it used to be.

Thats because you are smarter than he is and it offends him.

Thats because you are smarter than he is and it offends him.

I don't know if this is a simple reply of truth, or a clever double entendre.

If it's simple truth, I agree. Mayer sucks.

If not, bravo for lacing sarcasm and a reference to one of my favorite lines from Taken.

Exactly. It's a rah rah fluff piece, not meant to be journalism. He answers the "What's your favorite stadium for hot dogs?" type questions because that's what he's being paid to do.

Fact is most journalism these days ain't what it used to be.

This is very true.

Peace :dabears

I don't know if this is a simple reply of truth, or a clever double entendre.

If it's simple truth, I agree. Mayer sucks.

If not, bravo for lacing sarcasm and a reference to one of my favorite lines from Taken.

Actually, I was being serious, I just dont think LM is that sharp, you could do a better job.BUT I doubt if you would a big off enough of a suckass for the Bears to hire you.

Actually, I was being serious, I just dont think LM is that sharp, you could do a better job.BUT I doubt if you would a big off enough of a suckass for the Bears to hire you.

Lol I don't think anyone here can do it. You've gotta be able "keep calm" so to speak in response to some of these dumb questions....I think most of us on here would be calling people out on their stupidity which is sadly a no no. I'd love to see some of these beat reporters rip into some people but that will never happen.

Lol I don't think anyone here can do it. You've gotta be able "keep calm" so to speak in response to some of these dumb questions....I think most of us on here would be calling people out on their stupidity which is sadly a no no. I'd love to see some of these beat reporters rip into some people but that will never happen.

Larry Mayer is simply a PR man for the Bears IMO, nothing serious gets discussed in his Q&A section, which is a real shame.

I have yet to see any in-depth analysis or real insider information in that column, there is much more going on within this site in regards to analysis of the team etc...

Dude. Are you shitting me? Virtually everyone on the board, excluding you apparently (since you don't think so), can do the same job as well as he does. Answering a few questions a week? A month? Give me a break. I'm sure part of many of our jobs requires some aspects of writing, and I guaran-damn-tee you I write more informative and financially responsible material than Mayer does on a daily basis. I'm absolutely baffled you could think something so plainly ignorant, as if Mayer is a freaking brain surgeon or rocket scientist who does work that is leaps and bounds above the average person's head.

Dude. Are you shitting me? Virtually everyone on the board, excluding you apparently (since you don't think so), can do the same job as well as he does. Answering a few questions a week? A month? Give me a break. I'm sure part of many of our jobs requires some aspects of writing, and I guaran-damn-tee you I write more informative and financially responsible material than Mayer does on a daily basis. I'm absolutely baffled you could think something so plainly ignorant, as if Mayer is a freaking brain surgeon or rocket scientist who does work that is leaps and bounds above the average person's head.

Case and point. Your head would probably explode with all the dumb questions that get asked. You already wanna kill the person who asked if Briggs was moving inside, I'm sure there is more where that came from....I know we can all do it, we basically do it here on a daily basis but most of our responses wouldn't be published due to us not keeping a level head.

Case and point. Your head would probably explode with all the dumb questions that get asked. You already wanna kill the person who asked if Briggs was moving inside, I'm sure there is more where that came from....I know we can all do it, we basically do it here on a daily basis but most of our responses wouldn't be published due to us not keeping a level head.

Well said...

That's just stupid. I don't get paid to post on the Bearstalk website. Or anywhere else. If I had mayer's job I'd answer better questions than the ridiculous cherries he picks, and I would be a much more liked journalist. Huge difference between tolerating something when it's your job, and posting semi-anonymously on a message board. You even admit we could do it. I'm quite sure he had better questions to answer.

That's just stupid. I don't get paid to post on the Bearstalk website. Or anywhere else. If I had mayer's job I'd answer better questions than the ridiculous cherries he picks, and I would be a much more liked journalist. Huge difference between tolerating something when it's your job, and posting semi-anonymously on a message board. You even admit we could do it. I'm quite sure he had better questions to answer.

Your right , he picks the questions to answer and sure does do a lot of stupid ones.