Aaron Hernandez questioned about murder

GakMan23

Serious question:

Suppose the evidence shows it was a big misunderstanding, and he was as involved in this as Ray Lewis was in his event.

Would you be for/against the Bears pursuing Hernandez?

If that was the case and he was completely exonerated and found not guilty for any charges, then I would have no issues with it.

However, there is no way that would ever happen. This guy is guilty of something related to the homicide. He will probably never play football again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious answer, no.

First, he's no Ray Lewis...

Second, it appears to be a very different set of circumstances. To the best of my recollection, Lweis just played dumb and didn't answer anything. It appears here, that at minimum, Henandez destroyed evidence. My recollection on Lewis could be off though.

Thrid, I just don't want the baggage. He's a great TE. But the negativity that could come with it, I don't feel is good. If I were the owners, I would want no part of the guy...no matter his level of involvement.

And 4th, again, he's no Ray Lewis.

He didn't bring the Pat's a trohpy, I would expect the same here. He is not our missing puzzle piece.

Serious question:

Suppose the evidence shows it was a big misunderstanding, and he was as involved in this as Ray Lewis was in his event.

Would you be for/against the Bears pursuing Hernandez?

Serious answer, no.

First, he's no Ray Lewis...

Second, it appears to be a very different set of circumstances. To the best of my recollection, Lweis just played dumb and didn't answer anything. It appears here, that at minimum, Henandez destroyed evidence. My recollection on Lewis could be off though.

Thrid, I just don't want the baggage. He's a great TE. But the negativity that could come with it, I don't feel is good. If I were the owners, I would want no part of the guy...no matter his level of involvement.

And 4th, again, he's no Ray Lewis.

He didn't bring the Pat's a trohpy, I would expect the same here. He is not our missing puzzle piece.

Now that ERod is gone, he just might be one of the missing puzzle pieces...assuming everything ended up rose-colored for him.

Now that ERod is gone, he just might be one of the missing puzzle pieces...assuming everything ended up rose-colored for him.

Why even speculate until the facts are in? I realize it's June 26th and there's nothing Bears to discuss (as evidenced by your 98 posts in that other worthless thread) but do we have to have a thread about every player that gets arrested/released/etc being picked up by the Bears? Silly season...

We have some other replacements... ER wasn't exactly set in stone.

While you could say it is a missing puzzle piece, it isn't THE missing piece. And sadly, the color hue looks more like blood red...

Its hard to imagine that he's not gonna hit with something heavy. The Pats are a smart organization and I'd bet they know something we don't. If he gets off scott free the Pats would have made a huge mistake.

If somehow he is innocent and allowed to play football I would be all over him.

Its hard to imagine that he's not gonna hit with something heavy. The Pats are a smart organization and I'd bet they know something we don't. If he gets off scott free the Pats would have made a huge mistake.

If somehow he is innocent and allowed to play football I would be all over him.

First degree premeditated murder charges and ordered held without bail to prevent him from fleeing.

He got hit with something heavy.

Why even speculate until the facts are in? I realize it's June 26th and there's nothing Bears to discuss (as evidenced by your 98 posts in that other worthless thread) but do we have to have a thread about every player that gets arrested/released/etc being picked up by the Bears? Silly season...

Why speculate?

A. The offseason is slow

B. It's not every day an NFL football player is implicated in murder

C. The purpose of this board is to discuss the Chicago Bears, and to a lesser extent, other teams/players in the NFL

I wonder if Jason still wants to sign the guy.

You and that reading comprehension issue again.

You and that reading comprehension issue again.

Dude, it's been pretty obvious for a while now that this wasn't going to be a case of mistaken identity or whatnot. But you didn't see it coming while instead throwing the spaghetti at the ceiling to see what sticks. Like usual.

Yall don't have to worry about Aaron Hernandez signing with the Bears. He's going to be in prison for the rest of his life.

He has to be the absolute dumbest murderer in the history of murderers. I think a 10 year old could solve this case.

Supposedly today they identified a rental car involved in a second murder (committed last summer) as having been rented by Hernandez as well.

Dude, it's been pretty obvious for a while now that this wasn't going to be a case of mistaken identity or whatnot. But you didn't see it coming while instead throwing the spaghetti at the ceiling to see what sticks. Like usual.

Again, your grasp of the English language and basic concepts like time and date are severely lacking. I'm actually starting to wonder if English is your second language. Do you even think about more than the single sentence you read before posting, or do you actually consider the rest of a post, or the related information?

Try looking at the date of when I posted the comment, and then look at the Hernandez case timeline. When I posted the comment things were far from certain and he hadn't even been arrested yet. At the point of my comment, it was unknown whether or not he was simply associated with the people who did it, whether he let them use his rental car, whether he destroyed the security footage or someone else did, or whether he actually pulled the trigger. All we knew at that point was that the police investigated, and Aaron Hernandez was being arrested. It could have been nothing more than obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence.

IF he were innocent then yes. Nobody should be held to account for something they did not do.

Evidence is not favorable at this point. While I have no clue on the evidence for murder the evidence that he destroyed his own home security system seems clear and that alone is reason enough for me to never sign the guy. Actually everything about this case indicates a high level of stupidity and/or arrogance on Hernandez' part.

True enough. You asked if we should pick him up before the fact were in. If you were GM I can only imagine you'd have picked up the phone and started talking his agent.

Sigh. Again. Reading comprehension.

See where it says "Suppose the evidence shows it was"? Well, "was" is a word that indicates past-tense. Here's a good primer for you. Later on in that sentence, I use the word "was" again, to further support the idea of past-tense. Both of those words, along with the meaning of the entire sentence, indicates that we'd have to be talking about this in the future for it to be past tense - especially true for the time-frame I posted the original comment. Not only that, but the evidence would have to be compiled and researched before it could show anything, which pretty much means the comment is about a future scenario where one would be looking back on the evidence.

It's obviously all moot now, but my god man. Seriously, you're originally from a non-English speaking foreign country, right?

Suppose the evidence shows

LOL! The Pats cutting him wasn't a clue for you? The evidence was NEVER going to show what your premise suggested. And don't talk to me about timelines because it was two posts ahead of you in this thread where someone mentions he was cut loose. And since you keep talking smack about my reading comprehension I'll just go ahead and call you a stupid dope for not being able to read the tea leaves that almost everyone on the planet saw clearly. And you think you're GM material... Dream on.