Patriots offer fans Hernandez Jersey Exchange

ParkerBear7

The Patriots are offering fans the opportunity to exchange Hernandez jerseys for a new in stock Patriots jersey. I think this is very appropriate and classy move by this organization.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...-193511953.html

Not to make light of the Hernandez case but which former Bear Player should the Bears Organization offer a simialr opportunity for fans to exchange for a new jersey?

Right now my vote would be for Cedric Benson; he absolutly was one of their biggest turds to ever wear the blue and orange in recent years. Fortunatley, I never had a Benson jersey but if I did I would want the Bears to accept an exchange request.

Which Bear Jersey would you want to exchange and why?

The Patriots are offering fans the opportunity to exchange Hernandez jerseys for a new in stock Patriots jersey. I think this is very appropriate and classy move by this organization.

Not to make light of the Hernandez case but which former Bear Player should the Bears Organization offer a simialr opportunity for fans to exchange for a new jersey?

Right now my vote would be for Cedric Benson; he absolutly was one of their biggest turds to ever wear the blue and orange in recent years. Fortunatley, I never had a Benson jersey but if I did I would want the Bears to accept an exchange request.

My vote is David Terrell. Cade mcnown a close 2nd

I think since Aaron is current, it should be a current player. So I will choose Eric Weems, I see no valve on having him on the team. He runs down on kicks , big deal, for what were paying him, he needs to go. 1.4 mil for that?

For players in the past I would have to say Rick Mirer. We gave up a 1st round pick for him, he sucked, played in a handful of games, got paid over 10 Million (in 1997 that was HUGE), and then was released in 1998 before the season began. Talk about bust, he rewrote the definition.

Current player on our roster? That is a tough one. Without resorting to a player on the roster who was not active last year (we have many "camp jockies" who are temporarily on our roster) I am sorry to say I would have to pick a player who, by selecting him, will piss off several forum members.

For several years all I have heard is how this player has such great potential, will continue to improve, etc... He has been given every opportunity to prove himself and IMHO has failed miserably. I would love him gone just so our current staff does not waste any further time in trying to fit what I consider is a "square peg in a round hole". I would gladly trade away a J'Marcus Webb jersey and move on.

For players in the past I would have to say Rick Mirer. We gave up a 1st round pick for him, he sucked, played in a handful of games, got paid over 10 Million (in 1997 that was HUGE), and then was released in 1998 before the season began. Talk about bust, he rewrote the definition.

Current player on our roster? That is a tough one. Without resorting to a player on the roster who was not active last year (we have many "camp jockies" who are temporarily on our roster) I am sorry to say I would have to pick a player who, by selecting him, will piss off several forum members.

For several years all I have heard is how this player has such great potential, will continue to improve, etc... He has been given every opportunity to prove himself and IMHO has failed miserably. I would love him gone just so our current staff does not waste any further time in trying to fit what I consider is a "square peg in a round hole". I would gladly trade away a J'Marcus Webb jersey and move on.

I really can't disagree with any of the players mentioned and kinda have forgotten about Rick Mirer especially the cost of aquiring him. Good call on all the players mentioned.

My vote is David Terrell. Cade mcnown a close 2nd

"McClown" also is a great choice since he not only sucked but also shot off his mouth and obviously could not back it up! David Terrell, I agree he was a bust but think he also had injuries that kept him back. Curtis Enis, had a holdout before signing his rookie deal and then got hurt.. Rashan Salaam had a good rookie season then could not get motiviated to play due to his "pot addiction". Also, don't forget about Jonathon Quinn and all the other QB's that have come through the organization that were worthless.

I think since Aaron is current, it should be a current player. So I will choose Eric Weems, I see no valve on having him on the team. He runs down on kicks , big deal, for what were paying him, he needs to go. 1.4 mil for that?

If it was going to be a current player, than one could justify Carimi whom has been one of the biggest disappointments as any in recent times. I would argue that Weems at least is on the field for special teams.

As far as I'm concerned, it would have to be a person you'd have a jersey for in the first place. While guys like Weems might be favorite whipping boys on this board, NOBODY would ever buy his jersey. Same essentially goes for Carimi. No, it needs to be someone we had high hopes for who really smashed those dreams to pieces. Therefore, McNown and Mirer are the absolute best choices. We don't have anyone on the current team that fits the bill and let's hope we don't anytime soon!

I can only vouch for the jeseys I've picked up...and all are legends or soon to be legends. The only one that isn't is Anthony Thomas, and I still have a warm spot in my heart for the A-Train.

There have been some real jackasses on the Bears, but thankfully no murderes! (we hope!)...

McNown was an a-hole.

Mirer, nice guy, but sucked.

Benson, total bust. As with Salaam. As with Enis.

Tank had a gun problem.

We had the Dallas cokedealer. Can't remember his name. But he was not a "star" or potential.

Overall, I have to give it to McNown. A-hole bust.

As far as I'm concerned, it would have to be a person you'd have a jersey for in the first place. While guys like Weems might be favorite whipping boys on this board, NOBODY would ever buy his jersey. Same essentially goes for Carimi. No, it needs to be someone we had high hopes for who really smashed those dreams to pieces. Therefore, McNown and Mirer are the absolute best choices. We don't have anyone on the current team that fits the bill and let's hope we don't anytime soon!

Agreed.

I'm gonna go with Rashaan Salaam.