Webb to 2nd string

DABEARSDABOMB

For those of you who were concerned there wasn't going to be a competition. Webb was demoted after his poor performance in training camp and the preseason opener.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2978879.story

Well, well, well... After all that CRYING and MOANING! LOL!

Based on what I saw, he deserved demotion, at least! But I fear we have nothing better. I look forward to seeing Mills play against the other team's starters. Look out CUTLER!

Well, well, well... After all that CRYING and MOANING! LOL!

Based on what I saw, he deserved demotion, at least! But I fear we have nothing better. I look forward to seeing Mills play against the other team's starters. Look out CUTLER!

Gotta love it.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Webb, or any of our players exceed expectations and play well, and I am glad the staff takes a good long look at these guys before making decisions, but what an obvious answer to the ridiculous thread that preceded all of this.

I'm glad we don't have to hear about Webb being handed the job anymore. Despite what some of you may think I won't be mad if someone other than Webb wins the job. I like everyone else wants to see the best 5 out there. I just liked the fact that in 8 of his last 9 games last year Webb didn't give up a single sack. To not call that improvement is asinine. If he's not adjusting to the new scheme or a guy like Mills or Britton steps up and is the better option then I'm 100% behind that decision. In Kromer I trust.

This has definitely more to do with Webb than Mills. Mills wasn't real impressive in the last game, from what I saw, and I think this would be Jon Scott if he was healthy, or Eben Britton if he had had a better game. Let's just hope Mills steps up or Scott comes back healthy.

At least with Mills the arrow is still pointing up. I don't think he did that poorly in the first game, at least on the plays I keyed in on him in pass protection. He was up against 2nd string players and that's a big difference from starters. OTOH it was his first experience in an NFL game and overall he looked like he belonged on the field.

Trestman was pleased with the work Mills and Long did today in practice. Still had some mistakes but good effort overall. Only one more day of training camp and this competition continues at Halas Hall.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...53-2499a799ed87

At least with Mills the arrow is still pointing up. I don't think he did that poorly in the first game, at least on the plays I keyed in on him in pass protection. He was up against 2nd string players and that's a big difference from starters. OTOH it was his first experience in an NFL game and overall he looked like he belonged on the field.

Trestman was pleased with the work Mills and Long did today in practice. Still had some mistakes but good effort overall. Only one more day of training camp and this competition continues at Halas Hall.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...53-2499a799ed87

I'd like to know when the last time an entire side of an O Line was rookies. I'm sure it happens but I assume it's rare. Hey, at least Cutler will see them coming! LOL! I sure hope they figure something out.

I'd like to know when the last time an entire side of an O Line was rookies. I'm sure it happens but I assume it's rare. Hey, at least Cutler will see them coming! LOL! I sure hope they figure something out.

I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened to the Bears in the last couple seasons.

I'm glad we don't have to hear about Webb being handed the job anymore. Despite what some of you may think I won't be mad if someone other than Webb wins the job. I like everyone else wants to see the best 5 out there. I just liked the fact that in 8 of his last 9 games last year Webb didn't give up a single sack. To not call that improvement is asinine. If he's not adjusting to the new scheme or a guy like Mills or Britton steps up and is the better option then I'm 100% behind that decision. In Kromer I trust.

You say the opposite but the fact is you keep throwing the Webb love with your comments, its time to buy some glasses and see what everybody else sees, your just a broken record.

You say the opposite but the fact is you keep throwing the Webb love with your comments, its time to buy some glasses and see what everybody else sees, your just a broken record.

Stats don't lie guy, 8 of his last 9 games he didn't give up a sack. The one game being against Aldon Smith who pwned him like he did the rest of the league. Thats called progression.

Stats don't lie guy, 8 of his last 9 games he didn't give up a sack. The one game being against Aldon Smith who pwned him like he did the rest of the league. Thats called progression.

He has been demoted and passed over by a 5th round pick. I think its time to let go. NOBODY supports your opinion but ProfootballFocus

He has been demoted and passed over by a 5th round pick. I think its time to let go. NOBODY supports your opinion but ProfootballFocus

Its much like Adam Dunn and the white sox. He was down right awful his first year in chicago, then he continued to improve. Now for the last 2 months+ he's been simply phenomenal yet fans still want him gone for nothing. it's silly. Webb is the same way, he's sucked for a good while now, but for the last 2 months+ of the regular season he was more than stellar.

Once again how can you deny that not giving up a sack in 8 of his last 9 games isn't progress?

I like Mills, he was a projected 3rd rounder if I remember correctly. I'm all for giving the job to whoever earns it.

Oh and when I really think about it.... I assume Bushrod will continue to get double team help with Slausson so Webb can't really benefit from the same help. So that goes out the window.

Its much like Adam Dunn and the white sox. He was down right awful his first year in chicago, then he continued to improve. Now for the last 2 months+ he's been simply phenomenal yet fans still want him gone for nothing. it's silly. Webb is the same way, he's sucked for a good while now, but for the last 2 months+ of the regular season he was more than stellar.

Once again how can you deny that not giving up a sack in 8 of his last 9 games isn't progress?

I like Mills, he was a projected 3rd rounder if I remember correctly. I'm all for giving the job to whoever earns it.

Oh and when I really think about it.... I assume Bushrod will continue to get double team help with Slausson so Webb can't really benefit from the same help. So that goes out the window.

The only thing I can say about that post is WOW

Perhaps because there's no argument to combat what I said?

The Best argument is, the Bears over compensated and dumbed down their offense, more help, faster plays, or something. During those same 8 games, the Bears only gave up 13 sacks. At that pace, they would have given up 26 sacks on the year. 24 NFL quarterbacks got sacked more than that.

Was the Bears offensive line one of the top 10 in the NFL over those last 8 of 9 games? Your argument of progression, would mean the Bears should have brought back the same line last year, instead of replacing 4 of 5 positions. It's aslo sad that the Bears lost 4 of those 8 games with a top 10 ranked line.

Perhaps because there's no argument to combat what I said?

No, just suprised at the things that a come out of your mouth. If he made so much progress , why is he now getting splinters? He is progressing the wrong way. If there wasn't some injures now, I think he won't be here anymore.

The Best argument is, the Bears over compensated and dumbed down their offense, more help, faster plays, or something. During those same 8 games, the Bears only gave up 13 sacks. At that pace, they would have given up 26 sacks on the year. 24 NFL quarterbacks got sacked more than that.

Was the Bears offensive line one of the top 10 in the NFL over those last 8 of 9 games? Your argument of progression, would mean the Bears should have brought back the same line last year, instead of replacing 4 of 5 positions. It's aslo sad that the Bears lost 4 of those 8 games with a top 10 ranked line.

The brought in a whole new coaching staff, the progressions mean nothing now really. I'm just pointing out that he did indeed have a good final 2 months sand the San Fran game. I like how you said or something,

No, just suprised at the things that a come out of your mouth. If he made so much progress , why is he now getting splinters? He is progressing the wrong way. If there wasn't some injures now, I think he won't be here anymore.

New scheme on the OL takes those progressions last year and throws them out the window

I found your statement "but for the last 2 months+ of the regular season he was more than stellar" to be an insult to the intelligence of this board.

9 games is 2 months+ right? 8 of his last 9 games he didnt allow a sack. If that's not stellar than I don't know what is....All you meatheads do is look at the negatives and forget the positives.

Would also like to know how many games they were in max protection during Webb's all universe Tackle

play. :rolleyes:

Welp I can't touch on the other games but I know the one game he did allow a sack in that 8 of 9 stretch was against San Fran, I watched that game and broke it down for everyone here. He got little to no help. I can't touch on the other games but idk why they'd only leave him on an island vs aldon smith and max protect against the lesser opponents in the other 8 games.

The brought in a whole new coaching staff, the progressions mean nothing now really. I'm just pointing out that he did indeed have a good final 2 months sand the San Fran game. I like how you said or something,

New scheme on the OL takes those progressions last year and throws them out the window

9 games is 2 months+ right? 8 of his last 9 games he didnt allow a sack. If that's not stellar than I don't know what is....All you meatheads do is look at the negatives and forget the positives.

Welp I can't touch on the other games but I know the one game he did allow a sack in that 8 of 9 stretch was against San Fran, I watched that game and broke it down for everyone here. He got little to no help. I can't touch on the other games but idk why they'd only leave him on an island vs aldon smith and max protect against the lesser opponents in the other 8 games.

Well the reason he was on an island in that game was that Carimi was just as bad so it was a race to the QB and therefore they had to try to get Carimi help as well as at that point he couldn't stop anything and was getting bull rushed into the QB. Pretty sure they had max protect going most of the time towards the end of the season, as was pointed out by a few people on here in the I love Webb posts from then.

Nope, I just call it like I see it. Not giving up a sack in 8 of his 9 games is a successful 2 months+ for any lineman in the NFL.

Are you saying Webb is good?

All Im going to say is the guy cant play in the NFL. Im shocked he is still on this team. I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut before the final rosters are set.

Are you saying Webb is good?

I could be wrong but this certainly feels like one of those classic cases of "Guy on internet says something silly and then can't back down despite all evidence that he should". I've fallen into that trap myself over the years. I'm old now and I've learn to just say "My bad" and get on with life.

As to Webb, it's always been clear he sucked but nothing makes it more evident than the fact that after one preseason game his coaches demoted him to second string behind a 5th round rookie. If that doesn't sink in for SCS, nothing will.