Melton lost for seaon due to ACL

adam

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

Bears DT Henry Melton tore his ACL - out for the year.

I know he hasn't done much through 3 games but its still a big hit, he could have turned it around at any point.

I wonder if the Bears have the money to sign Seymour who's still out there, if not, I can see them bringing back Okoye.

Could be the end of Melton in Chicago.

This list was supposedly updated on sept 19th, but I am not sure how accurate it is of the best available DT's that are still free agents.

Defensive Tackle

Sione Po'uha

Richard Seymour (DE in 3-4)

Corey Williams

Shaun Cody

Rocky Bernard

Spencer Johnson

Ron Edwards

Antonio Garay

Ty Warren (DE in 3-4)

Casey Hampton

Anthony Hargrove (DE in 3-4)

Ma'ake Kemoeatu

Antonio Dixon

Trevor Laws

Shaun Smith

Marvin Austin

Matt Toeaina

Andre Fluellen

Ryan McBean

Eric Foster

Daniel Muir

Torell Troup

Ron Brace

Ogemdi Nwagbuo

Jarron Gilbert

Myron Pryor

Corvey Irvin

Frank Okam

Brian Price

Will Tukuafu

Jerrell Powe

Kyle Love

Lamar Divens

Ra’Shon “Sunny” Harris

Landon Cohen

Sealver Siliga

Andre Neblett

Brian Schaefering

Jeris Pendleton

Do we have anyone on the PS worth a shot?

Didn't Cornelius look good in preseason?

I can't honestly recall well...

Seymour would be interesting...

This list was supposedly updated on sept 19th, but I am not sure how accurate it is of the best available DT's that are still free agents.

Defensive Tackle

Sione Po'uha

Richard Seymour (DE in 3-4)

Corey Williams

Shaun Cody

Rocky Bernard

Spencer Johnson

Ron Edwards

Antonio Garay

Ty Warren (DE in 3-4)

Casey Hampton

Anthony Hargrove (DE in 3-4)

Ma'ake Kemoeatu

Antonio Dixon

Trevor Laws

Shaun Smith

Marvin Austin

Matt Toeaina

Andre Fluellen

Ryan McBean

Eric Foster

Daniel Muir

Torell Troup

Ron Brace

Ogemdi Nwagbuo

Jarron Gilbert

Myron Pryor

Corvey Irvin

Frank Okam

Brian Price

Will Tukuafu

Jerrell Powe

Kyle Love

Lamar Divens

Ra’Shon “Sunny” Harris

Landon Cohen

Sealver Siliga

Andre Neblett

Brian Schaefering

Jeris Pendleton

Do we have anyone on the PS worth a shot?

Didn't Cornelius look good in preseason?

I can't honestly recall well...

Seymour would be interesting...

Nope, only DLman we have on the PS is Aston Whiteside who, at 6'2" 255, is too small for DT. Same with Washington really(6'4" 265).

I suppose guy like Washington, Wootton, and Peppers can play inside on passing downs but they're to small to really be considered DTs.

Corey Irvin looked good in training camp if I remember correctly so I'd add him to the list of potential signings with Okoye and the favorable Seymour.

Minter will probably become active now. I don't think they are going to sign some guy off the streets. I'm going to predict that they make a trade. Kyle Williams from Buffalo? Tyson Alualu from Jacksonville?

That would be intriguing....With Collins looking good I think they can get by with signing a guy off the streets though.

thanks for the info

Nope, only DLman we have on the PS is Aston Whiteside who, at 6'2" 255, is too small for DT. Same with Washington really(6'4" 265).

I suppose guy like Washington, Wootton, and Peppers can play inside on passing downs but they're to small to really be considered DTs.

Corey Irvin looked good in training camp if I remember correctly so I'd add him to the list of potential signings with Okoye and the favorable Seymour.

Minter will probably become active now. I don't think they are going to sign some guy off the streets. I'm going to predict that they make a trade. Kyle Williams from Buffalo? Tyson Alualu from Jacksonville?

DTs are in short supply, I dont see anybody trading anybody of valve during the season except maybe Cleve, what do they have? They seem to be willing to get rid of anybody.

Paea should be our starting 3 technique, he'll be far more productive than what we've seen from either Melton or Collins there. Park Collins and Minter at NT with Collins also getting some time at the 3-tech. We must get some push up the middle and Paea is the only one who's shown he can do that with any consistency and he's doing it from the NT spot. In fact we won't find a decent 3-tech on the street as those guys are too valuable so if we are going to sign someone grab a big body who can handle the NT spot for run defense. We can cover the pass rush downs at NT in other ways.

One door closes, another opens...

Rock it Mr. Paea!

Paea should be our starting 3 technique, he'll be far more productive than what we've seen from either Melton or Collins there. Park Collins and Minter at NT with Collins also getting some time at the 3-tech. We must get some push up the middle and Paea is the only one who's shown he can do that with any consistency and he's doing it from the NT spot. In fact we won't find a decent 3-tech on the street as those guys are too valuable so if we are going to sign someone grab a big body who can handle the NT spot for run defense. We can cover the pass rush downs at NT in other ways.

I like it. Set up a kind of Keith Traylor/Ted Washington big up the middle dynamic.