Santa, all I want for Christmas

adam

I wish. Won't happen though.

Cutler is about to face his demons head on for the division title. Could be his last game as a Bear if things go wrong again.

If they go wrong and he is gone, then fine. But you have to know by the end of the year what you want to do with him. You already know you want McCown back as back up. No need to play him.

Peace :dabears

Cutler is not why we lost this game. We''re going to need to score a lot of points to win and Cutler gives us the best chance.

Connor, do you really think Cutler gives us the best chance to win at this point? Something is clearly wrong with him. He had 1 or 2 good throws all game, but otherwise he looked brutal.

Connor, do you really think Cutler gives us the best chance to win at this point? Something is clearly wrong with him. He had 1 or 2 good throws all game, but otherwise he looked brutal.

Tell that to Trestman. Our defense gave up 291 rushing yards tonight. We did not lose because of Cutler. Play him.

Cutler is not why we lost this game. We''re going to need to score a lot of points to win and Cutler gives us the best chance.

He scored 11 points against the worst ranked passing defense in the league. He doesn't give the Bears their best chance to win. The game wasn't his fault but he did nothing to win it.

If they go wrong and he is gone, then fine. But you have to know by the end of the year what you want to do with him. You already know you want McCown back as back up. No need to play him.

Maybe the Bears still need more time to evaluate him, but from my perspective, I already know who he is. I won't learn anything from next week's game that I haven't known already. The guy is never going to change for better or worse. He's the epitome of average.

He scored 11 points against the worst ranked passing defense in the league. He doesn't give the Bears their best chance to win. The game wasn't his fault but he did nothing to win it.
Cutler was awful tonight. He didn't lose us the game tonight, but it would have been nice if he helped keep our defense off the field.

That team did not want a division title.

I fear Cutler does not give us the best chance to win. But we must play him. Let him play himself out of a job so we don't get stuck paying a Porsche price for a Pinto.

Not that my opinion means shit to the Bears, but I'm over Cutler unless he can prove me wrong next Sunday.

Our playoffs beging next Sunday.

At least I don't have to wait until late at night to get blotto and think about how great we used to be...

Dammit this sucks. I'm venting, but I'm sad.

I know i said I was done with him but I still, for whatever reason, agree with Connor here.

Tell that to Trestman. Our defense gave up 291 rushing yards tonight. We did not lose because of Cutler. Play him.

Don't waste your time with the haters here. In their minds it doesn't matter we were behind 21 before the game really started. Somehow Superman Josh would've put up 55. All that poor play on ST was Jay's fault. The O Line not being able to slow down the pass rush because they knew we were going to pass, also Jay's fault. The D giving up 54 in their minds somehow comes down to Jay as well.

Tough to take this site seriously when our QB gets the main fallout after a 54 point game against us.

Don't waste your time with the haters here. In their minds it doesn't matter we were behind 21 before the game really started. Somehow Superman Josh would've put up 55. All that poor play on ST was Jay's fault. The O Line not being able to slow down the pass rush because they knew we were going to pass, also Jay's fault. The D giving up 54 in their minds somehow comes down to Jay as well.

Tough to take this site seriously when our QB gets the main fallout after a 54 point game against us.

Exactly. I turn on ESPN on radio and remind you I'm a trucker so its the national guys and all morning all anyone can talk about is jay. He wasn't good yesterday but find me 1 player that was good. The team failed to show up period. Poor ST's had us down 14-0 just couple mins into game and down 21-0 very shortly after that. At that point the entire game plan went to shit forcing us to throw the ball every down. The eagles knew this so they just dialed up the pressure. How many sacks did jay suffer do to unblocked guy coming in. Or how many blocks did forte flat out miss. Usually forte is solid in pass protection but not last night. And that defense can't get any worse. How many times does SMC lose containment. Hes a joke and needs cut. And conte? PleSe don't get me started on his putrid piece of poop

Exactly. I turn on ESPN on radio and remind you I'm a trucker so its the national guys and all morning all anyone can talk about is jay. He wasn't good yesterday but find me 1 player that was good. The team failed to show up period. Poor ST's had us down 14-0 just couple mins into game and down 21-0 very shortly after that. At that point the entire game plan went to shit forcing us to throw the ball every down. The eagles knew this so they just dialed up the pressure. How many sacks did jay suffer do to unblocked guy coming in. Or how many blocks did forte flat out miss. Usually forte is solid in pass protection but not last night. And that defense can't get any worse. How many times does SMC lose containment. Hes a joke and needs cut. And conte? PleSe don't get me started on his putrid piece of poop

Everything you say above is 100% accurate. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning wouldn't have performed much better last night. The entire team deserves to be fired. Is Trestman all that? Not sure anymore.

I don't know who is worse, the Cutler haters or the Cutler apologists.

No one is saying that the defense or ST didn't suck, or the entire team was not brutal. They were. However, just looking at the offense and Cutler, he contributed significantly to the loss. While we were getting down 21-0, he had 3 consecutive 3 and outs. The defense was on the field for almost the entire first quarter. Then to complete the half, he drives the team down to the 19 only to take 2 consecutive sacks to push us out of scoring range. Almost all his throws were off, he held onto the ball too long, threw into double coverage (meaning someone else was wide open), and didn't make the correct blocking calls at the line.

I would rather see him start to at least give us a chance next week. If Jay starts, we will lose. GB is in his head. Please just come up with a phantom injury.

Screw that. This game decides Jay's future. Play well and make the playoffs, you get your extension with the Bears...don't and you'll get paid by someone else. Cutler was the least of the Bears problems last night. He didn't play good but you play football quite a bit different when you are down 3 TD's before you ever really get a chance to make a play. Tucker/DeCammilis have to be fired.

While we were getting down 21-0, he had 3 consecutive 3 and outs. The defense was on the field for almost the entire first quarter.

Let's dispatch with this fabrication immediately.

First drive, a run, a scramble and a sack.

Second drive never happened, Hester fumbled.

Third drive, two runs and a one hop pass to Bennett who couldn't come up with it.

That's one Cutler "bad" pass and we were down by 21.

No picks. His scramble was him trying to make something happen. The sack wasn't his fault. Not that one.

I don't want to be a Cutler apologist, I just want fairness. He's not my favorite Bear. I dislike him personally fairly often. But his team gave up 54 points last night! Jesus Christ.

Third drive, two runs and a one hop pass to Bennett who couldn't come up with it.

No picks. His scramble was him trying to make something happen. The sack wasn't his fault. Not that one.

I don't want to be a Cutler apologist, I just want fairness. He's not my favorite Bear. I dislike him personally fairly often. But his team gave up 54 points last night! Jesus Christ.

You are a great poster Cracker. Been spot on all day today.

This 100%.

This 100%.

Those 21 points had very little to do with Jay. That hole, and then, the way Philly owned our D, what do we expect? I'm not very optimistic about our chances IF we make the playoffs. Our D is the worst in the league, STs are pathetic, so how far can we go on one leg?

BUT, just beat the hated Puckers, PLEASE!!

I know I said I was done defending him last night, but I also added that I may have overreacted, which I believe I did.

Crackers post is right. Then from that point on they were pretty much doomed. Philly was able to blitz all day, and use the rest of their guys in pass coverage, there was no safety playing the run, no LBs playing the run, if you weren't rushing the passer, you were dropping in coverage.

Also just because Jay was throwing into double coverage doesn't mean someone was wide open...not when philly is dropping 6 into coverage.

Fabrication? Even though we were down 21 after one Cutler pass, that was still 2 drives; and we now count a fumble on a kickoff as a drive? That makes sense. Cutler was in on 4 straight drives that yielded 0 points and 4 punts. How is that fabricating anything? He had a chance after every Philly score except for the fumble to bring us back yet he did nothing. So based on some of the comments, once a team gets a big lead and the defense pins their ears back, it's game over. There is nothing an offense can do with Forte, Marshall, Jeffery, and Bennett.

Why is questioning the play of the QB make someone a hater? I want Cutler to succeed because that equals wins for us, but when he is clearly part of the problem, along with many others, he should be held accountable.