Bears extend Robbie Gould...

'TD'

Did they use money from this year to save on cap hit? Hello cap guys...

Emery said they had a little money saved back incase of an emergency. They were looking at resigning one guy, Gould's agent contacted him and they worked it out. His guaranteed money should be spread out over this year too, so the 9 mil part will be spread over 5 years instead of 4 or atleast part of it.

Cap hit will average around 3.75, and he had a cap hit of 2.925, and an average of 2.583 for the life of the last contract. So he is up an average of 1.2 million a year for 4 years.

Guess that's not that bad, still would have rather brought in a rookie honestly. 3.75 vs less that 750k for a udfa is quite a difference.

Guess that's not that bad, still would have rather brought in a rookie honestly. 3.75 vs less that 750k for a udfa is quite a difference.

I know this doesn't make it sound better, but it would average out to about 3.3 over the last 4 years with out knowing more. 5 years of 9 million guaranteed would average out to 1.8 million and then the 6 million over 4 years would be 1.5 a year. It's not much of a savings but still only 400k more than he was making this year.

Heh, some of you guys are cold-blooded enough to be a GM at least. We've got the best kicker in Bears history, the best or nearly the best in the league, still in his prime, who's 12 of the last 12 from 50-60 and you'd prefer to dump him for a few million and a rook?

I'm a big softie I guess. And the #1 thing I like better about pros than college is the roster consistency. If I was a coach, I'd probably get criticized for too much player loyalty. (not to assistant coaches though!)

Heh, some of you guys are cold-blooded enough to be a GM at least. We've got the best kicker in Bears history, the best or nearly the best in the league, still in his prime, who's 12 of the last 12 from 50-60 and you'd prefer to dump him for a few million and a rook?

I'm a big softie I guess. And the #1 thing I like better about pros than college is the roster consistency. If I was a coach, I'd probably get criticized for too much player loyalty. (not to assistant coaches though!)

This 100%.

Peace :dabears

Except this year he's actually the 14th most accurate in the NFL. Last year he was 18th, and actually, he's never even ranked in the top 5 % wise in his career. That kinda baffles me.

He really only missed two field goals this year. I don't count the 65-yard field goal attempt at Minnesota which no one in the league would make unless they are in Denver.

He really only missed two field goals this year. I don't count the 65-yard field goal attempt at Minnesota which no one in the league would make unless they are in Denver.

92.7 versus 89.7. That one field goal cost him 3% this year and he is still above his average.

if you don't count the 65 yard field goal, he has made 13 consecutive field goals over 50 yards.

It seems a little high for a kicker, even one with Gould's talent who knows how to kick in Soldier Field. When you look at points/$ spent he has put up 78pts as compared to Brandon Marshall with 77pts for about 1/3 of the money. Granted Marshall does the grunt work getting the team in FG or TD range so he earns that extra cash over Gould. Compared to Peppers's $$$$/sacks he's a huge steal.

This 100%.

I agree as well, locking Gould up for the next 4 years vs looking for a replacement either FA or draft to come in and kick at soldier field. Gould has been one of the best assets that our offense has at it's disposal, let's not forget what things were like when we couldn't find a kicker to save our lives. Robbie knows this stadium his accuracy, and range is worth keeping around. Now his counter part Podlesh.... I'd drop him off at the curb and tape a note to his back that reads "shanks alot!"