Did you see Cutler

CrackerDog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but did you see what he did on that 4th quarter drive when we could've put the game away? We punted.

The defense was a liability, but the entire offense did nothing to capitalize on the turnovers or field position. We had too many 3 and outs, and our defense was on the field forever, both a fault of their own, and by the lack of offense. The first series we start on the Packers 42 and punted!! The 2nd Rodgers INT, we respond with a 3 and out.

No, but did you see what he did on that 4th quarter drive when we could've put the game away? We punted.

The defense was a liability, but the entire offense did nothing to capitalize on the turnovers or field position. We had too many 3 and outs, and our defense was on the field forever, both a fault of their own, and by the lack of offense. The first series we start on the Packers 42 and punted!! The 2nd Rodgers INT, we respond with a 3 and out.

Ah I will miss the Jay Cutler appreciation society more than anything this offseason.

At this point, I'm still on the fence about Cutler, but mainly due to the price vs performance/durability. Can we afford what he is going to ask for with all the needs on the defense? I have to believe he comes back because he didn't play bad, but it has to come at a price that makes sense.

At this point, I'm still on the fence about Cutler, but mainly due to the price vs performance/durability. Can we afford what he is going to ask for with all the needs on the defense? I have to believe he comes back because he didn't play bad, but it has to come at a price that makes sense.

I think the smart thing to do is tag him and it gives us one more year to evaluate him. I sure dont want to go back to QB hell, and it becomes more of a risk if we let him go for that to happen.

Cutler haters are just as irritating as Cutler defenders.

The D sucked and deserves the majority of blame, but there were ample opportunities for the offense to come through when presented with favorable field position.

Do the simpleton Jay haters realize that Jay had us in position to win but for our D giving up a 4th and 8 FIFTY YARD TD? Oh, and they gave up a TD not playing to the whistle? Oh, and Jeffery fumbled. Jay played his god damn heart out today, made plays and even after all that shit he was still within a jump ball Hail Mary of pulling it out.

If that makes me a Jay defender then sobeit. As far as I'm concerned I'm being rational and all this anti-Jay stuff just help morons feel better about themselves. I know it's easier to blame it all on Jay than on our squad walking away from a live ball and giving up a free TD. But you know what, despite it being easier, despite my personal dislike of Jay, I know what's right and I live in reality land. Idiots be damned.

Do the simpleton Jay haters realize that Jay had us in position to win but for our D giving up a 4th and 8 FIFTY YARD TD? Oh, and they gave up a TD not playing to the whistle? Oh, and Jeffery fumbled. Jay played his god damn heart out today, made plays and even after all that shit he was still within a jump ball Hail Mary of pulling it out.

If that makes me a Jay defender then sobeit. As far as I'm concerned I'm being rational and all this anti-Jay stuff just help morons feel better about themselves. I know it's easier to blame it all on Jay than on our squad walking away from a live ball and giving up a free TD. But you know what, despite it being easier, despite my personal dislike of Jay, I know what's right and I live in reality land. Idiots be damned.

I'm just saying the D deserves most blame but Cutler and the offense failed at key moments. Did Cutler play his heart out on the first drive when they had momentum after Hester's return? That kind of three and out is what changes a game around. A score there sets the tone and could have made the entire difference in the game.

Cutler is not without blame. Others deserve more.

I'm just saying the D deserves most blame but Cutler and the offense failed at key moments. Did Cutler play his heart out on the first drive when they had momentum after Hester's return? That kind of three and out is what changes a game around. A score there sets the tone and could have made the entire difference in the game.

Cutler is not without blame. Others deserve more.

Did (pick a QB) have any "three and outs" today?

Make up your mind, either you want to argue the Cutler controversy or you dont. Don't expect those of us not enamored with Jays performance to suddenly agree to you because we're "idiots" or "simpletons". (Frankly I'm surprised you know such big words ). The fact remains, McCown outplayed Cutler in 'overall' performance this year. And this coming from a guy who is one year removed from coaching a HS team. Did he play better today? Yes. Did he play lights out franchise QB level? No. Looking at the future and knowing what we have in Cutler and what we need in defense I trust management will make the smart choice for the teams future.

Guest TerraTor

All that was proven (reiterated) is that our DL and S are awful. This is a superbowl offense with a 4-12 Defense

Conte is just plain stupid, McClellin is useless, and we have no DT. Not to mention the scheme is trash

All that was proven (reiterated) is that our DL and S are awful. This is a superbowl offense with a 4-12 Defense

Conte is just plain stupid, McClellin is useless, and we have no DT. Not to mention the scheme is trash

4-12 Defense? Try 2-14. This was the worst run defense in over 50 years in the entire NFL, just think how bad some defenses have been, but none were worse against the run than us this year. The only reason we weren't last in passing defense was because it was so easy to run on us, why pass?

We allowed 478 pts, 2 less than Minnesota for dead last. Seattle, for perspective, allowed half as many points as us. We also finished dead last in sacks, and the Buffalo freakin Bills had twice as many sacks as us. It was easily the worst Bears defensive unit, ever. We never held a team under 20, once!!! 7 opponents scored over 30, with 4 of them over 40. Historically brutal defense that needs to be completely blown up.

FWIW

Jays QBR was better than McCowns against the Pack, and that included the hail mary INT.

I thought Jay was fine, he put the Bears in position to win multiple times and the D(Conte x2, don't forget the pass to Quarles that should have at least been tipped) just coughed it up time and again.

GB had allowed 38, 36, and 40 in 3 of their last 4 games, but we could only muster 28.

Just like McCown's stats in the Minnesota game, they were hollow. Yeah, he put up decent numbers and a good QBR, but there were very few sustained drives. We never seemed to take advantage of good field position or a turnover. This was not always Jay's fault, but as the QB, he is partly responsible for the offensive rhythm. Ever since Cutler came back, the offensive never looked as fluid as it did with McCown. Just my observation. It doesn't mean McCown is better, but the offense flowed.

The only drive we had in the 4th was the dagger, we needed at least a FG, and we punted. He could have put them away (just like most QB's do). That would've made at least a 4 pt game and GB would've needed a TD to win - and even if they scored, another FG would've won it or tied it for us.

An epic loss, one of the worst in a long time.

Also, Orton goes for 350+ on the same Philly Defense we played last week.

GB had allowed 38, 36, and 40 in 3 of their last 4 games, but we could only muster 28.

Just like McCown's stats in the Minnesota game, they were hollow. Yeah, he put up decent numbers and a good QBR, but there were very few sustained drives. We never seemed to take advantage of good field position or a turnover. This was not always Jay's fault, but as the QB, he is partly responsible for the offensive rhythm. Ever since Cutler came back, the offensive never looked as fluid as it did with McCown. Just my observation. It doesn't mean McCown is better, but the offense flowed.

The only drive we had in the 4th was the dagger, we needed at least a FG, and we punted. He could have put them away (just like most QB's do). That would've made at least a 4 pt game and GB would've needed a TD to win - and even if they scored, another FG would've won it or tied it for us.

An epic loss, one of the worst in a long time.

Also, Orton goes for 350+ on the same Philly Defense we played last week.

Orton didn't have to battle out of a hole where the D didn't have to defend the run. Every game is different, lets not start calling Orton better than Cutler.

That drive in the 4th has an asterisk by it because that ball to Alshon should ave been caught....even bears4ever, who has been critical of Jay, called it a great throw in the game thread.

Orton didn't have to battle out of a hole where the D didn't have to defend the run. Every game is different, lets not start calling Orton better than Cutler.

That drive in the 4th has an asterisk by it because that ball to Alshon should ave been caught....even bears4ever, who has been critical of Jay, called it a great throw in the game thread.

Great throw? Hardly. It was McNown-esque. Yes, Cade McNown to MRob. It was throwing it to a single-covered receiver and relying on superior size/talent to make the play. And Alshon almost did it. But it was hardly a great throw.

Great throw? Hardly. It was McNown-esque. Yes, Cade McNown to MRob. It was throwing it to a single-covered receiver and relying on superior size/talent to make the play. And Alshon almost did it. But it was hardly a great throw.

You know when I read the original post you responded to and thought the same thing. McCown (Josh) did the very same play at least three times with success (maybe more). One down the left sideline against Minnesota to Alshon, a second for a score in the right corner for a TD against Dallas and another against this same Packer team in GB. Whether these were all great throws or catches should not be lost on who threw them. McCown has been making plays like this in most if his games this year.

You know when I read the original post you responded to and thought the same thing. McCown (Josh) did the very same play at least three times with success (maybe more). One down the left sideline against Minnesota to Alshon, a second for a score in the right corner for a TD against Dallas and another against this same Packer team in GB. Whether these were all great throws or catches should not be lost on who threw them. McCown has been making plays like this in most if his games this year.

No disagreement here. There should be a very small amount of attention paid to who threw the ball, regardless of who threw it. But most of the credit goes to the receiver making the catch on that type of play. It's not like we're talking about one of those back shoulder lasers that require pin-point accuracy. This is a "guess I'll throw it up and see if Alshon can make the play"-throw.

But it's certainly not a great throw.

No disagreement here. There should be a very small amount of attention paid to who threw the ball, regardless of who threw it. But most of the credit goes to the receiver making the catch on that type of play. It's not like we're talking about one of those back shoulder lasers that require pin-point accuracy. This is a "guess I'll throw it up and see if Alshon can make the play"-throw.

But it's certainly not a great throw.

i believe it was a good to very good throw. this is the throws you expect from a qb with the big receivers we have. this is what we have been calling for all season.

the ball dropped right into JEFFREY'S hands above the defender. he just dropped it.