NFL Draft pick #7 history

ASHKUM BEAR

It's so tough to determine what will happen.

Emery has had successes and fails at #1.

If he's even the guy picking...

Every draft is itsown beast. You really can't compare. All you can do is really look at track record.

The last time the Bears picked #7 they selected Curtis Conway.

Looking at some early mocks, it seems that the consensus is that Mariota, Williams, Cooper, Gregory, and Winston will all be gone in the top 6, leaving only one other player drafted before we pick, probably from the group of: (Beasley, Ray, Scherff, Collins, Fowler, Thompson, Parker).

I'm really hoping for Thompson. He also played some RB at UW and I think the ability to think like a RB will help make him really good against the run. He's also obviously athletic enough to hang in coverage as well. If coached up properly I think Jones-Thompson-Bostic would be a really good LB group who are ridiculously athletic.

Might even be able to trade down a few spots to get him, and if he ends up being gone then chances are Collins or one of the tackles will be there.

Everything changes if we switch to a 3-4 in which case I want one of Ray, Gregory, Fowler, or Beasley.

My early vote is in for Collins. He's a play-maker and a difference-maker. He's a stud.

I'm in for Collins or Thompson. Collins for his leadership, he is in charge of the defensive huddle. Thompson, I know he plays to win and gives extra effort and an athletic freak. They said he is as good of a RB as a LB.

edit: Just read Draftteks 4 round mock - This will keep the Oline guys and defensive guys happy

1-Landon Collins S

2-Erik Kendricks LB (also available: Marcus Peters CB)

3-Reece Dismukes C (also available: Todd Gurley RB)

4-Corey Robinson RT