HOF

Bill

That's cool. But one thing that has bothered me for years (being indigenous/Chicano) is why is Tom Flores not in the HOF? He has 4 SB rings, one as a player, one as an assistant coach and 2 as a head coach. He was the first minority to win a SB as head coach, he was second minority to win SB as head coach, Tony Dungy was the third minority to win a SB as head coach. Tom Flores won 4 of the first 17 Super bowls, that's almost 1/4 of them played at that time. Me and my friends believe if he was black, white or Asian he would be in the hall. I would love to hear responses to this.

13 minutes ago, NAMEDSONPAYTON2 said:

That's cool. But one thing that has bothered me for years (being indigenous/Chicano) is why is Tom Flores not in the HOF? He has 4 SB rings, one as a player, one as an assistant coach and 2 as a head coach. He was the first minority to win a SB as head coach, he was second minority to win SB as head coach, Tony Dungy was the third minority to win a SB as head coach. Tom Flores won 4 of the first 17 Super bowls, that's almost 1/4 of them played at that time. Me and my friends believe if he was black, white or Asian he would be in the hall. I would love to hear responses to this.

Why of course it's the NFL's snub of anything Al Davis and or Raiders.     Tuck rule, Stabler, Davis sued the NFL and lots of more things Raider Nation claims.

3 hours ago, NAMEDSONPAYTON2 said:

Im not raider nation and there are many Raiders in the hall.  This is different, 4 Sb rings man!! Are you saying if Tony Dungy won 4 SB rings out of the first 17 SB's 3 as a raider 2 as a head coach, that he would not be in the hall of fame? He's won one SB and is in the Hall????????? Flores won 4 and is not in the hall.

Flores should absolutely be in the HOF.  Hopefully, it happens for him next year. 

Peace

4 hours ago, NAMEDSONPAYTON2 said:

Not sure it's race as much as the Raiders issue but he deserves to be in the HoF.