reported: pace and nagy gone

Lucky Luciano

Congratulations George, now follow through on doing the right thing; move Ted over to a business development role (head up the Arlington project) as he eases towards retirement. Get either a President of Football Operations or hire a GM with some powerful responsibilities. Baby steps, now execute on the next chapter 

George will be having press conference at 11 (no Phillips there).  Reports out there that the new GM position will report DIRECTLY to George.  Also reports indicating Ted will remain in the org, but likely retiring in '23 (which I am perfectly content with giving the GM structural change (reporting to ownership) and George seemingly grabbing Bull by the horns this time.  

I am shocked that the Dolphins fired Flores. Somehow Rhule and Judge have jobs. 

Miami went 10-6 and 9-8 the last two years with a terrible roster, in the AFC East with Buffalo and NE. They got rid of Tannehill, gave Flores Fitzpatrick and Tua and expected more than 19-14 in the last two years. That is wild.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I am shocked that the Dolphins fired Flores. Somehow Rhule and Judge have jobs. 

Miami went 10-6 and 9-8 the last two years with a terrible roster, in the AFC East with Buffalo and NE. They got rid of Tannehill, gave Flores Fitzpatrick and Tua and expected more than 19-14 in the last two years. That is wild.

I like him as a candidate.

22 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Not at all.  The GM and Flores fractured their relationship over Tua.  The GM is also good friends with the owner and that was the power.

I thought i heard Tua and Flores didn't get along and there might have been other rights. Flores might also be right, but that was the spin coming out today (but very much tainted and one sided). From a results perspective - I thought Flores accomplished a lot despite mediocre to poor QB play. I would say though that they didn't handle Tua very well at all.  He was in games, than not in games, the whole Fizmagic to Tua, etc - definitely not the best / most seamless way to integrate a top QB into your team.  

7 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I thought i heard Tua and Flores didn't get along and there might have been other rights. Flores might also be right, but that was the spin coming out today (but very much tainted and one sided). From a results perspective - I thought Flores accomplished a lot despite mediocre to poor QB play. I would say though that they didn't handle Tua very well at all.  He was in games, than not in games, the whole Fizmagic to Tua, etc - definitely not the best / most seamless way to integrate a top QB into your team.  

I agree. Flores is highly regarded. He did a good job with the roster he had to work with. However, his handling of Tua was bad, really bad. I don't want to risk the future development of Fields. Therefore, I don't want to take a chance on Flores.