Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I heard about this from a co-worker of mine. Said that Lovie didn't like the rule changing the location of Kickoffs so he "rebelled" during the game the other night. And contrary to the article I believe the Bears were penalized once for this. Steltz' caused fumble during one return was nullified during the first half because of it...I believe. Is it me or do the Bears seem to have an air of nastiness about them this year? I like it. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl-wp5084
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7183996.story Peace
-
- 4 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Does anyone know of a website that I can listen to tonights broadcast in case I'm not in the listening area for 780 wbbm
-
When Vic Fangio was named to John Fox's staff, I wondered what was coming. Now with Eberflus coaching the Cover 2 defense, I have the same questions! Who on this roster fits this scheme? Our new GM has made it clear that he is going to build this team in step with his coach. I love this and I'm willing to wait on the results
-
- 4 replies
- 757 views
-
-
-
A couple articles just kinda hit me here. In this first article it talks about how big the play action game is in a wide zone system. Last year the Bears ran the 2nd fewest play actions. Soooo it got me thinking, how was Fields running the play action in college? Turns out he was one of best.... https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2020/06/114445/film-study-from-bootlegs-to-shots-downfield-justin-fields-was-one-of-the-nations-best-play-action?amp Encouraging sign for his transition into the new offense. Also perhaps another point for the Nagy didn't properly use Fields argument.
-
- 4 replies
- 806 views
-
-
Did anyone watch the TNF game last night? Allen Robinson, the WR Savior for the Rams looked exactly like he did last year for the Bears. Running half speed on most of his routes, not blocking, and generally looking like he doesn't care. I saw a lot of people blaming Stafford for not targeting him. However, Robinson was getting zero separation. There was one play where Stafford scrambled instead of throwing it to ARob, but that's it. Playing like that ARob would've been cut with Dazz Newsome if he was on the Bears, he was that bad. Ironically, his new number is 1, the total receptions he had last night. Hilarious.
-
- 4 replies
- 772 views
-
-
157 yards on 20 carries, 2 TD, 2 receptions, 12 yards. There have only been 18 games since 2002 where a player had 150+ yds, on 20 or less carries, at least 2 TDs, 2 receptions, and 10+ receiving yards. 16 players to do it, Tomlinson and Jonathan Taylor are the only 2 to do it twice ( from 2002-2022). The last 5 before Herbert were Taylor x2 (20/21), Aaron Jones (20), McCaffrey (19), Chubb (19), and LeSean McCoy in 2016.
-
- 4 replies
- 715 views
-
-
So last night Hurts had 153 passing yards and 157 rushing yards, with 2 passing TDs, and the national media is now saying he is in the running with Mahomes for MVP. What is wild to me is using Fields last 6 games, Fields is averaging over 160 passing yards a game, 1.7 passing TDs, 107 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD. In Hurts last 6 games, he is averaging 200 passing yards and 55 rushing yards a game and 2.5 total TDs. So 255 total yards and 2.5 total TDs to Fields 267 total yards and 2.7 total TDs. So Fields is playing better than an MVP candidate over the last 6 weeks. Oh by the way, Philly has a top 5 Offensive Line and AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goe…
-
- 4 replies
- 682 views
-
-
I caught a Tweet this morning that said Virginia McCaskey turns 100 today. Apparently she is the first NFL owner ever to do that. Happy birthday Virginia.
-
- 4 replies
- 590 views
-
-
Poles is going to address who he wants to keep before going into free agency. David Montgomery Poles already said he loves what he brings to the team: work ethic, leadership, toughness. Because of a gluten of RBs, he'll sign for a team friendly deal. Say 4- 27 mil with 14 guaranteed / last year void able. Essentially 3- 20 mi Cole Kmet. Poles called him a blue chip player say 4- 37 mil 16 guaranteed He brings back DHC 2- 5 mil Tevor Wesco - vet minimum Josh Blackwell - vet minimum Armon Watts- vet minimum Byron Pringle- 3 mil with no guarantee_( will let him prove himself)
-
- 4 replies
- 659 views
-
-
-
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10064870-8-prospects-who-should-hear-names-called-during-2023-nfl-draft-after-combine-snubs Good article about some players who will not be getting any press coverage in the next few weeks since they won't be at the combine. Watching what I could find on them, just two stood out to me as players we should have on our board for Day 3. DL Kobie Turner. He can get penetration as shown in the game against Clemson. Among other plays you see him chasing down plays 10yds downfield and causing a fumble so he should be a fit for Eberflus HITS ethos. He's not fast but has a bit of quickness. There just not a lot of highlights…
-
- 4 replies
- 686 views
-
-
It feels like Poles likes certain position groups at a specific height range and weight range. Will he make contract decisions based of those numbers? Is he picking players based on physical characteristics? Here is a look at the roster from a height/weight perspective: The odd players in the position groups for height are: QB - Walker under 6'2" (5'11") RB - Herbert under 5'10" (5'9") WR - all 5'10" or above TE - all 6'4" or above OL - all 6'2" or above DL - Billings under 6'3" (6'1") LB - all 6'0" or above DB - all 5'11" or above The odd players in the position groups for weight are: QB - all over 210 lbs RB - all over 200 lbs WR - …
-
- 4 replies
- 743 views
-
-
So it seems that the offseason moves have improved pretty much every facet of the team. If you look at it from a high level, on offense, the passing game should be improved, and at worst, the running game should be the same. The Bears added Moore, Wright, and Davis, as well as Foreman, Johnson, Scott, and Tonyan, and really only "lost" Montgomery since losing Mustipher is an upgrade in itself. If the offense is better and has some additional TOP, then the defense will be a little more rested and potentially get off the field a few more times. On defense, the run defense was historically bad. With the additions to the DLine and LB Corps, the run defense should be…
-
- 4 replies
- 690 views
-
-
Poles has did a good job of upgrading the roster but what is the biggest question that needs to be answered going into training camp. BFX asked the question that spurred this poll.
-
- 4 replies
- 747 views
-
-
So when you look at Fields career stats, they look terrible, historically bad from a passing perspective for a QB that has played in as many games as he has in his first two years. However, he had a 10-game stretch last season (decent sample size) which I think is his floor going into this year. That stretch was Week 4 to Week 14 last year, 10 games in a row that he played in. He only had one game below 50 yards rushing (47) and one game below 150 yards passing (123). Here are his totals: 147-229, 1751 yds, 64.2%, 13 TD, 6 INT, 116-905, 7 TD If you take those numbers, compute the per game average, then apply it to a full 17-game season, he would end up with…
-
- 4 replies
- 594 views
-
-
-
- 4 replies
- 571 views
-
-
I got a subscription to "The Athletic" website. IMO, it is fantastic. Great articles on the Bears, but also any team for NFL, NHL, or MLB. I found it when doing a Google search for game previews, but when I began reading the article it said I needed to sign up, which at first pissed me off, but then found out as an introductory offer all I had to pay was one dollar a month for the first year. One hellava deal! Like I said, outstanding coverage of the Bears. The one article I enjoyed the most today was talking about our HC 'Flus. Before I read it I was all for firing him. Now, if this team shows improvement the rest of the way, I have changed my mind. I like what I re…
-
- 4 replies
- 618 views
-
-
Here is a link to Fanspeak where you can be the Bears GM, I'll post on here after I try it out. https://fanspeak.com/mtc/
-
- 4 replies
- 582 views
-