Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
Here is how the 1st Round Rookie QBs stack up the last two weeks: Fields: 44-72, 61.1%, 509 yds, 7.07 Y/A, 3 TD, 2 INT, 16-109 yds Lawrence: 46-78, 59.0%, 431 yds, 5.53 Y/A, 0 TD, 4 INT, 6-23 yds Jones: 28-48, 58.3%, 318 yds, 6.63 Y/A, 2 TD, 2 INT, 6-9 yds Wilson: 32-65, 49.2%, 372 yds, 5.72 Y/A, 0 TD, 0 INT, 8-45 yds Jones is the only one in a great system. The other 3 are playing with very little talent, in bad schemes, on bad teams. With all that, Fields still seems to be distancing himself from the others, accounting for 150 more yards than Lawrence (2nd) over the last 2 weeks. If he can cut down on the turnovers and sacks, he is going to be…
-
- 17 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Odunze looks even better than advertised. If not for Caleb, Rome would be the talk of the town. Recently, he talked about breaking Puca's rookie receiving records and talked about how they played together at Washington. That is a great personal goal, but with Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, and Swift also looking to eat, I don't think Odunze will break the records, but I still think he will have a better season than most are projecting. There are 28 rookies who broke 1K yards, I think Odunze will do that. There are only 3 players to break 100 catches, Nacua, Waddle, and Boldin. What is interesting to me is there are no other players over 92 receptions, as Michael …
-
- 2 replies
- 721 views
-
-
Bears in 4th. Surprisingly Vikings were in last with only 287 rookie snaps. Source: https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/825967715273887744
-
- 3 replies
- 886 views
-
-
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/category...rookie-surprise Full article at the link.
-
- 30 replies
- 7.7k views
-
-
These guys are on fire. 9 WRs already making an impact. Nabers leads the NFL in receptions. Whittington is 3rd in receptions amongst WR rookies and he is a 6th round pick. How does LAR do it? Kupp, then Puka, now Whittington. Thomas looks like a steal at #23. Outside of Whittington, Thomas may end up being the best value WR pick in the draft. I am not worried about Odunze because his issue is not skill, it has been target volume. Once his targets go up, he will be right there with the leaders. Nabers 35-386-3 (1st) Thomas 22-397-3 (1st) Whittington 18-201-0 (6th) Harrison 17-279-4 (1st) Odunze 15-206-1 (1st) McConkey 15-176-2 (2nd) Leget…
-
- 37 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
I am getting anxious to see these guys in preseason games. I think they will both turn out to be excellent WRs for the Bears and turn our WR corps into a very respectable one. ProFootbalolWeekily.com The Way We Hear It - NFC North
-
- 14 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
In general, how much of an impact do you think the rookie class can make this season? I think they can make a huge impact. We’re counting on Chris Williams to come in and compete and play really well. Matt Forte, from what we saw on film before he even came here and after he got here, he’s going to have an immediate impact as well. I think we’ll definitely have a role for Earl and he’ll see a lot of playing time. I think Kellen has a chance to come in in a defined role as well.
-
- 9 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
We have two candidates for Rookie of the Year and there hasn't been much discussion. On offense we have Jordan Howard. Given the Cowboys record it's likely Elliot wins the award on offense but when you consider that Howard, behind the Bears Oline, is averaging 5.0 yds/att vs. Elliot at 4.9 yds/att he should be in the discussion. Add in the QB carousel the Bears have had and still Howard has been productive. In fact if he'd have played the first 4 game as Elliot did they would likely be close in total yards. These awards don't go to Oline but if they did Whitehair certainly should be in the discussion as well. On defense Leonard Floyd is in the dis…
-
- 1 reply
- 744 views
-
-
Right now, as far as I can remember, Rome and Caleb are the only two rookies left to sign their deals. I would be more concerned if it was just Caleb left, but if Rome is still unsigned, then this might just be a formality thing where they show up on Monday, the 15th and sign their deals to start work the next day. I believe it is tied to restrictions that are set in the contracts. There are certain things they can't do once they sign their deals, so I am sure they are just trying to maximize the amount of freedom they have before they are locked down in the contract. Most of the stuff is safety related, but I am sure there are more things in there that they are…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Looks like the Bears have 7 out of 9 draft picks signed according to Rich Campbell. Still waiting on Leonard Floyd and Jonathon Bullard, which they expect will be announced soon. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0509-story.html
-
- 0 replies
- 997 views
-
-
I know I'm probably the only one, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I think Jacob Hester would look great in Bears uni. I'm hoping the Bears take a flyer on him on Day 2. A solid blocker and receiver. He has the kind of versatility that will force the defense to make the FB be accounted for. He's great on specials teams. What he lacks in size he more than makes up for in work ethic, technique and heart. Things that are way too often overlooked by all the statheads out there. McKie is pretty underwhelming. I mean whenever his hands touch the ball the collective thought from every Bears fan is usually...WTF?? Hester has the chance to make a game altering …
-
- 13 replies
- 4k views
-
-
My nephew, Kofi Hughes, is on his way to Chicago for a tryout for WR/ST. He was released by Houston last Thursday. Send good juju his way please. Great young man...
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
NY Giants against the Liones PIT against the Packers WAS agasint Dallas - maybe Philly will rest starters... CHI agasint Philly - as if I needed to say it...but I will. GO BEARS!!!!!
-
- 11 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
A South African girl accused Roquan Smith of rape on a trip he made to South Africa this winter. She claims to have DNA evidence and pictures. Pictures of being together doesnt prove anything but DNA samples could be deadly.
-
- 11 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Nothing unusual here. Extended contract holdout and soft tissue injury. It's not serious but it seriously complicates his chances of being a starter in week 1 and I doubt he'll play this weekend. I think we'll see Kwiatkoski as the starter against GB, perhaps with Roquan subbed in for 3rd and long situations. https://www.chicagobears.com/news/smith-exits-practice-for-precautionary-reasons
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Here we go. I really hope Poles gets this done ASAP.
-
- 11 replies
- 953 views
-
-
Good stuff. https://www.chicagobears.com/video/roquan-smith-mic-d-up-vs-49ers-this-is-my-type-of-party
-
- 1 reply
- 533 views
-
-
5yr-$100M deal, $60 in guarantees. The Ravens had $52M, that is now almost cut in half for just Roquan and does not include Lamar Jackson..... Roquan becomes their 2nd highest paid player behind Ronnie Stanley.
-
- 14 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
It seems like the rust is finally off. What a game he had. In 3 games, Smith leads the NFL in total tackles (T-36), has 0.5 sacks, 2 TFLs, 1 INT, and 2 Passes Defended. If he can keep up this pace and get a couple of FF's he will be looking at a big contract. He is on pace for over 200 total tackles.
-
- 5 replies
- 724 views
-
-
‘Borrowed’ this story on another site I saw about Roquan Smith. Essentially says of all the players last year who got at least 100 tackles, Roquan “only missed 3.8% of his tackles”. Putting him in the “top three” of the defenders last year. This after he only played 12 games too. Pretty freaking amazing! https://sportsmockery.com/2020/05/roquan-smith-might-be-the-most-disrespected-player-in-the-nfl/
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
-