Everything posted by adam
-
Position by position thoughts
#14 is too high for Mendenhall, and it wastes a pick on an area that is not the greatest need for the team. I would have to say OL or S with the first pick at #14. If there is no value there, you trade down and add some picks. Now if you can move down into the late 20's and still pick him up, while gaining a 2nd rounder, then that would be a pretty good deal. Mendenhall + a late 2nd round OL pick for #14. I hope we don't take Brennan in the 2nd. There seem to be a lot more QBs out there that are better than him who didn't play in a pass-crazy system. I keep seeing Flacco's name thrown out there. He seems to be better suited for the NFL.
-
Titles on postings!
Ah I see. In the standard view, I just follow the replied quoted posts. Since they are in order since I last posted, I can see what others have said. I guess it is just what you are used to. I don't know for sure, but there are normally add-ons/mods for these types of boards that allows the admins to do a lot. There may be something out there that gives you the options you are looking for.
-
Cameron to the Ravens
I wouldn't mind seeing him brought in at any position. OC, QB's Coach, Special Assistant.
-
JA on the score at 10
Thanks for the recaps. Still would've liked to have seen Hass in on a few snaps. Brown should be kept, but really needs to work out a better contract for both sides. Brown also made the run defense look a lot better - somehow. Grossman coming back has to be a longshot. He is probably better off getting a fresh start somewhere else.
-
Titles on postings!
The posts are numbered, yours is #5. However, that might not be what you want. I guess it depends what mode you are in.
-
JA on the score at 10
Really? Hopefully it is not just a threat.
-
JA on the score at 10
Please give updates, if possible. Thanks
-
14th pick
If they fix the OL, everyone on offense will look better. I have no porblem with Orton as the starting QB. For the money, he is a pretty good value.
-
Idea for the LB Squad
I would assume a change like that would come with a scheme change. They won't do that for one player.
-
Sounds like Ced needs competition
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009597386 Maybe this would get Benson moving. Draft another Longhorn RB.
- Superbowl Predictions?
-
The John Shoop Factor
Shoop will probably be a HC in 5 years. Hopefully within the division.
-
The end of Lance Briggs?
I think the Briggs decision will depend a lot on how bad Urlacher's back turns out to be.
-
Colt Brennan
Flacco, 6-6, 230. So we know he can at least see over the O-Line. He is already better than Grossman.
-
Sounds like Ced needs competition
Mendenhall looked great against USC. If he slips into the 2nd, I would be all for moving up to take him.
-
Peter King is out of his mind
I was saying that from King's point of few. All the intangible things that Hester affects are not in the stat sheet, which is what most of those yahoos go off when they make their lists. Hester is clearly better, but if you didn't watch the games, you wouldn't see a lot of the things that teams do against him. Hester is one of those players that comes around once in a generation, he is that good. Cribbs is not even in the same class as Hester.
-
Where's the Adrian Peterson love?
AP is a good back, but he is not a #1. Benson appears that he is not one either. That is the problem. The Bears need a legitimate #1 back to be a successful team. Give Benson one more shot with an improved O-Line.
-
14th pick
Henne looked really good. I wouldn't mind him on Day Two at all. After that performance, he may have jumped up into Day One though.
-
Colt Brennan
Henne looked pretty good against Florida. I wonder if his stock is going to rise.
-
Superbowl Predictions?
San Diego over Dallas.
-
Peter King is out of his mind
This thread is hilarious. King always has questionable comments, and from his past comments, he doesn't like Chicago. On the Cribbs / Hester debate. Hester is the playmaker, but he is all or none. Even with 2 TD return for kickoffs, Hester was not in the Top 30 for Kickoff Return Average. Cribbs averages over 30 yards a return, Hester is under 22. Hester was much better at punts, but even then, he still did not lead the league in punt return average (Parrish). Now if you take into effect all the other things that Hester influences, he is clearly the better Return man, even if the stats don't always show that. The Bears also led the league in average starting position (34.43).
-
Is anybody watching today's Game
He seems alot like Mendenhall.
-
Next Year
Extend Harris and attempt to sign Briggs if the price is right. Let Berrian walk. Also look at extending Hester now. The Bears were about $10 million under the cap for 2007. They need to bring in at least one OL FA. At least the Bears have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. They can get some quality in those picks.
-
Jerry Porter to void deal
He shouldn't cost as much as Berrian with only 1 reception in 2006.
-
Defense Comparison 2006 and 2007
Everyone knows how bad our offense was this year, but looking at the numbers, our defense fell off just as much from 2006. They were worse against the pass by 37 yds/g, worse against the run by 23 yds/g, had 2 less Defensive TDs, and were worse in every major defensive category other than sacks: > 06 - 07 INT 24 - 16 FF 23 - 20 PD 85 - 64 SK 40 - 41 Losing 11 Turnovers is huge for this team. Also, the passes defended drop-offed considerably (Vasher?). I hope the Bears can also defend better against the screen pass. We seemed to get burned all day by that play. Hopefully this was related to all the injuries on the defense.