Did anybody hear?

Stinger226

The great Brian Urlacher was on the Score yesterday. In an interview, he was talking about how good the Packers are going to be with the addition of Julius Peppers. With all the years of being paid well from the Bears and all the catering they did to him,he keeps taking shots at them because of the failed last contract. As far as Im concerned he's quite a jerk with sour grapes attitude he carries.

I simply try to avoid anything the guy says these days. I'd rather remember him chasing down Vick...

The great Brian Urlacher was on the Score yesterday. In an interview, he was talking about how good the Packers are going to be with the addition of Julius Peppers. With all the years of being paid well from the Bears and all the catering they did to him,he keeps taking shots at them because of the failed last contract. As far as Im concerned he's quite a jerk with sour grapes attitude he carries.

Burn him at the stakes in Salem!!!

The guy also said good things about the Bears. He is going to say good things about Julius Peppers regardless of were he plays, them two were teammates and had each others back. That loyalty has always meant more to Brian.

Brian was a great Bear, and the key word is "was". He's just an angry bird now and will never show loyalty to the Bears. He might down the road, but not since he left. I still wear his orange jersey on game days, since he was one of all time greats and should have let him go out on his terms. Business took over loyalty for the front office. As fans, we can't have it both ways. We wanted change and Brian back.

Brian was a great Bear, and the key word is "was". He's just an angry bird now and will never show loyalty to the Bears. He might down the road, but not since he left. I still wear his orange jersey on game days, since he was one of all time greats and should have let him go out on his terms. Business took over loyalty for the front office. As fans, we can't have it both ways. We wanted change and Brian back.

I don't get this. In reality, Bears made him the best offer of any organization. it wasn't as much as he wanted, he spouted about how he could get more and then he couldn't. I know some say the Bears handled it harsher then they should and really didn't seem to want him, but they put more money out there (and significantly more) then any other team.

I heard the entire interview and he was generally very positive about the Bears and seemed appreciative of the franchise. Saying good things about a former teammate does not equate to sour grapes.

What's I don't get is that he is supposed to be a national NFL analyst, and he sounds like a retired football player who is just a casual fan. He had great things to say about Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, Hester . . . in other words, the guys he played with and he is close with. He even said, "Yeah, Peanut will just stop by my house sometimes."

He didn't have much of an opinion on anybody he was not close with.

I heard the entire interview and he was generally very positive about the Bears and seemed appreciative of the franchise. Saying good things about a former teammate does not equate to sour grapes.

What's I don't get is that he is supposed to be a national NFL analyst, and he sounds like a retired football player who is just a casual fan. He had great things to say about Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, Hester . . . in other words, the guys he played with and he is close with. He even said, "Yeah, Peanut will just stop by my house sometimes."

He didn't have much of an opinion on anybody he was not close with.

I didnt hear the whole interview, so you have an advantage. I guess to me it sounds like he was making a shot at the Bears with the Green Bay comment, but it could be taken out of context.

Go to the suntimes and watch the video from fox sports. Url actually was very complementory to Cutler and the Bears Defense. Actually said and agreed that the Bears will win the NFCN and will compete with the Seahawks and Niners. Very interesting video.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...am-preview.html

Go to the suntimes and watch the video from fox sports. Url actually was very complementory to Cutler and the Bears Defense. Actually said and agreed that the Bears will win the NFCN and will compete with the Seahawks and Niners. Very interesting video.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...am-preview.html

Thanks for putting that up.

Lets see HOF TE and Coach Mike Ditka once said that George Halas threw nickels around like manhole covers once he was traded to Philadelphia. Then wrote to the same man for an opportunity to coach the team. HOF LB Dick Butkus actually sued the team over his medical treatment on his knees and later came back to do analysis on the Bears radio coverage. Also once a year Gayle Sayers says something that sounds extremely bitter towards one of the current players on the team. This is not new and in today's times with all the social media and sports media outlets there is a microphone in front of every scorned athlete in all sports.

Urlacher has always seemed to be a bit surley with the media and now he just doing the same thing as a member of the media.

Guest TerraTor

Urlacher was the only reason to watch the Bears for majority of the past 14 years. Leave the man alone. Think anyone could see his absence was huge regardless of other personnel.

Urlacher was the only reason to watch the Bears for majority of the past 14 years. Leave the man alone. Think anyone could see his absence was huge regardless of other personnel.

He was my favorite player for a long time, but that didnt make him any less of a putz. I respect him for his loyalty to teammates but he is quite the putz when it comes to the team and the fans. Says a lot of stupid stuff and have no problem getting on him when he does. You can sleep with his poster above your bed, I took mine down.

Well said Terra.

I disagree. I think Brian was great and deserves the HOF and probably some slack from us fans who are on him about his whiny bitch breakup period... But there were lots of other reasons to watch the Bears during his tenure here. I'm a fan of the whole team and there's only one player I've ever put ahead of that, Sweetness. If the Bears had broken up with #34 the way they did with #54, I'd have sided with Walter. Beyond that, the Bears very clearly offered Brian a good deal and he declined. I'm sorry he didn't get to go out on his terms but few do. I hope he handles his affairs during his post playing days with more class and dignity than he did while he was in the spotlight. Because while he was an awesome player, he was a ferkin' asshole. And I say that with all due respect.