Cutler sucks

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

The whole domestic abuse thing crossed my mind as well. I'm hoping it's more injury than a "Relapse" so to speak. Or perhaps it was just the double teams he and Jeffery saw last week that resulted in him having a down day.

Many experts warned that Marshall will have a down year due to the traveling for his NFL spot in NY. I didn't buy it, and I'm not an expert....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I highly doubt that's the reasoning.

This.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000040...-me-out-4-weeks ....Probably has a lot more to do with it.

That would be a huge issue. Glad he is battling through it. Maybe sitting a game would help, but it's not in his nature with every game as important as they seem.

Eh, I highly doubt that's the reasoning.

This.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000040...-me-out-4-weeks ....Probably has a lot more to do with it.

Funny since in this above cited article there is another where Calvin Johnson is "frustrated" with playing with a bad ankle these last few weeks and being used as a decoy. Megatron doesn't strike me as any less a player than Marshall when it comes to toughness so curious to see the disparity in this instance.

Did anybody notice that 2 straights weeks, Trestman called out Marshall.

Lol, he caught himself mid sentence, too. It was hilarious.

"Brandon ran the wron.."

The Bears are terrified of Marshall, according to the 670 guys. I didn't buy into it much at first, but it's starting to look that way when you listen to Trestman. They are afraid of saying no to him because he's a headcase. Looks like their approach is to just be extremely passive with him as to not give things a chance to spiral out of control. That should work for a while, but the more they lose, the worse it's going to get.

In reading the article from Mullin, I got the feeling Trestman wanted to actually call out Cutler more than anyone. It just so happened that looked to point at BM for making the mistake. I have to think Mullin was onto something since earlier in the season there was that other "miscommunication" with Bennett when Cutler threw the short pass behind him and was INT. There have been others over the years that fall prey to "miscommunication" issues that result in INT's. The receivers (and excuses) change but one element remains constant. Cutler.

Yep.

Lol, he caught himself mid sentence, too. It was hilarious.

"Brandon ran the wron.."

The Bears are terrified of Marshall, according to the 670 guys. I didn't buy into it much at first, but it's starting to look that way when you listen to Trestman. They are afraid of saying no to him because he's a headcase. Looks like their approach is to just be extremely passive with him as to not give things a chance to spiral out of control. That should work for a while, but the more they lose, the worse it's going to get.

They keep saying that, but i haven't heard the question to go with the answer Trestman answered in context.

They are so hypocritical, by going this route in there current agenda everyday that I have basically ignored it. They have constantly backed the not judging Cutler's attitude off the field, which i agree with, yet they are driving the bus on the Marshalls attitude off the field. Marshall is a bad person, fake, they are right on that, but it has nothing to do with what he can do on the field. That's a who you Crappin' waiting to be written.

For all the haters

clicky

I don't want to go back to that.

QBs throw picks. .. he's tied with luck and brees... man those guys suck. Oh no he's not looking at photos... The media loves drama, the camera men probably get a bonus to catch Jay with a pouty look or sitting on the bench...

Be happy with who we have it could be ALOT worse.

One, what does 3 QBs started have to do with anything?

Cutler is 59-52 QB as a QB.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?sort=pct

He's just below Mark Sanchez and right above Rex Grossman.

Are you saying Cutler is not as good as Mark Sanchez and only a little better than Rex Grossman???

Are you saying Cutler is not as good as Mark Sanchez and only a little better than Rex Grossman???

I would almost think Grossman was better because not only did he win a playoff game (or two) he also made it to a Super Bowl.

Others would make similar comments to include Brian Billick:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/09/brian-bil...er-jeff-george/

No.

Grossman was heir to a remarkable defense that rivaled the 85 team. During the regular season with a healthy Mike Brown and Tommie Harris...one could even argue better. And Hester was going off at unprecedented levels. Orton would have flourished playing mistake free. It was one of the big fails between Angelo and Smith that we didn't let Orton continue on. I think we win that SB if Orton starts and plays. Cutler is a better QB, but for that particular regime, Orton would have been enough.

I would almost think Grossman was better because not only did he win a playoff game (or two) he also made it to a Super Bowl.

No.

Grossman was heir to a remarkable defense that rivaled the 85 team. During the regular season with a healthy Mike Brown and Tommie Harris...one could even argue better. And Hester was going off at unprecedented levels. Orton would have flourished playing mistake free. It was one of the big fails between Angelo and Smith that we didn't let Orton continue on. I think we win that SB if Orton starts and plays. Cutler is a better QB, but for that particular regime, Orton would have been enough.

Similar to how McCown could have been a better (not best) option in the current regime? That was more rhetorical but I suspect you or someone will respond. :lol:

I would never say that Sanchez is better than anyone. The article I was replying to, it mentioned the failure of teams with 3 QB's starting in a year. My point was that Cutler is already in the lower tier of winning games, so would it be that much of a difference.

To match your rhetoric... :P I'm still not truly buying McCown... I think McCown wins the Buffalo and Carolina games...and loses the SF, NYJ, and GB games.

Similar to how McCown could have been a better (not best) option in the current regime? That was more rhetorical but I suspect you or someone will respond. :lol:

No.

Grossman was heir to a remarkable defense that rivaled the 85 team.

The Bears would've won that Superbowl if they had a more seasoned QB that year. No doubt in my mind. It was there for the taking and they just couldn't get it done. Grossman wasn't the only reason but he didn't really do anything to help, either. Cutler is a far better QB than Grossman. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

The Bears would've won that Superbowl if they had a more seasoned QB that year. No doubt in my mind. It was there for the taking and they just couldn't get it done. Grossman wasn't the only reason but he didn't really do anything to help, either. Cutler is a far better QB than Grossman. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

Sticks and stones Cracker.

Skills wise and pocket presence wise, Cutler is by far the better QB. They are about equal when it comes to decision making. But Grossman's record speaks for itself.

Playoff record (while with the Bears):

Grossman 2-1

Cutler 0-1

Again...heir of the D and ST...

Yes. I don't think any of the alternatives are that much greater than what's in hand. Until we are lucky enough to eventually land a "Luck" ourselves...we must make the best out of lemons.

He did have a better record against GB than Cutler has. Even if you're right, the team is still 2-3 at this point. Interesting.

Sticks and stones Cracker.

Skills wise and pocket presence wise, Cutler is by far the better QB. They are about equal when it comes to decision making. But Grossman's record speaks for itself.

Playoff record (while with the Bears):

Grossman 2-1

Cutler 0-1

1-1 in the playoffs sir.

Even the year the Bears and Rex went 13-3 he had a 4.2 INT%. Jay hasn't been above 3.4 the last 4 years.

Others would make similar comments to include Brian Billick:

That's a good one...Got a good laugh..... The same Good Rex or Bad Rex that the Chicago Media talked about every week. The same Rex that didn't do anything to help win the super bowl, actually threw a pick to set the Bears back in the SB.

Rex was on a great team that made it to a SB. He was not the reason they went to the SB. The team lost the SB and Rex didn't do anything in the SB to change the outcome.

If you don't want to admit Cutler is a better QB the Sexy Rexy so be it.