Cutler sucks

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

The Bears or any other team will never win the SB with Cutler. Just one of many things I hate about cutler=ALL other qb's look at the photos and study it with the qb coach when the D is on the field. Cutler looks at it for a second or not at all (he does not even have the photos in his hands the coach does) and then has this attitude like "I already know this, I do not need to look at the photos" I seen many times where the coach is sitting next to cutler looking at the photos and cutler is looking in the other direction or away like he's not at fault . Both interceptions and the one that should of been picked off, he threw without setting up his feet. He's like a good rookie, he makes some good throws and then makes throws that a veteran should not make. He does this 3,4,5 times a season. brady,manning,brees, rodgers etc do this once a season. He is not a leader. I will not respond to all the cutler lovers. Cutler has one of, if not the best package around him, the line,receivers and runningback, so please no comparisons to Josh McCown.

Some of us are brainwashed to like cutler because he's a Bear but other fans of the NFL all know his attitude sucks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the middle on Cutler, I don't have elite QB expectations of him. He is not Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Wilson, etc. He is in the 2nd to 3rd tier of QBs. The first INT, Bennett admitted to fault saying he ran the wrong route and was supposed to cut it off. Cutler is throwing to a spot and not to a stationary target. No excuse on the 2nd one, and he took the blame and knew it was all on him. What else does he need to see?

Cutler is such a polarizing figure it is crazy. I am not in love with him nor do I think he sucks. I am sure you were not saying any of this after the first drive. What 4-5 plays, 80 yards, and a TD? That is what this offense is capable of.

Like I said in the other thread, Cutler has to shoulder most of the blame for this loss, though Briggs needs to take some responsibility on the defensive side for his abortion of a game. Special Teams did absolutely nothing, our average starting line of scrimmage was 19.33 (worse than taking all touchbacks).

Another cool one, guess how many 3 and outs we had? Zero, only Seattle matched that number. Red Zone stats, 2/3 TDs and 1 FG. So for Cutler, it comes down specifically to the 4th Quarter INT. He doesn't throw that one, we win, and no one is talking about how he sucks.

The Bears or any other team will never win the SB with Cutler. Just one of many things I hate about cutler=ALL other qb's look at the photos and study it with the qb coach when the D is on the field. Cutler looks at it for a second or not at all (he does not even have the photos in his hands the coach does) and then has this attitude like "I already know this, I do not need to look at the photos" I seen many times where the coach is sitting next to cutler looking at the photos and cutler is looking in the other direction or away like he's not at fault . Both interceptions and the one that should of been picked off, he threw without setting up his feet. He's like a good rookie, he makes some good throws and then makes throws that a veteran should not make. He does this 3,4,5 times a season. brady,manning,brees, rodgers etc do this once a season. He is not a leader. I will not respond to all the cutler lovers. Cutler has one of, if not the best package around him, the line,receivers and runningback, so please no comparisons to Josh McCown.

Some of us are brainwashed to like cutler because he's a Bear but other fans of the NFL all know his attitude sucks.

I'll agree to about 95% of what you just said. Unfortunately the fact that Cutler is the best the franchise has had displays a sad fact about our franchise. (Of course some would say Sid Luckman was good in his day - I would).

My opinion is that McCown is better in Trestmans offense than is Cutler. Maybe not so good in TB... But the remains to be seen.

I suppose you think Brandon Marshall sucks too. After all BM fumbled twice. Maybe, you are the one with a bad attitude or perhaps needing to just vent here? Yes, Jay made a terrible throw on the 2nd pick and should have used his legs or threw the ball out of bounds. Yes, Jay panicked when the play busted which is frustrating since Trestman just called a time out. I would have preferred a running play or even the read option called in that critical situation. Cutler is better than Mccown and a legit top 10-12 nfl QB. I sure would take Cutler over what a lot teams have at QB not named the broncos, patriots, saints, packers. Actually, Peyton had a meltdown in the Super Bowl and was the reason the broncos did not go to the SB the year before last season. Brady lost to the dolphins and Rodgers did not look good against Seattle. Yeah, Josh really lit it up in his TB debut. I believe Josh had a couple of picks as well. Cutty is a leader, competitive and wants to win and his teammates not named urlacher like him. Jay is good enough to win a Superbowl in Chicago. We need to worry more about special teams and this defense.

I think Cutler is a tool but he's far from sucking. Whether he deserves the money he's being paid has yet to be proven out, which is unfortunate given his age. But at a minimum, he's an overpaid, very talented, mediocre QB. If he plays up to his potential this year, which is what the bears were betting on when they gave him the new contract (second year in the same offense, good offensive line, yadda yadda yadda) then he'll be far and away the best QB in Bears history. But he's got to do better than he did last week because that honestly did suck.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, saw it again, the qb coach looking at photos sitting next to cutler and cutler looking into the sky like" i don't need to look at photos" different from every other qb in the nfl.

Are you at the games watching him the whole time?

No but I see every other qb at least once looking at photos with the coach(got the ticket) and i watch more of the Bear game than the others.I never see cutler do this. You remind me of me when I was a little kid, or other kids today, in that they like their qb because he is the qb of your favorite team. Because you act like this you do not realize that your love for cutler does not mean he is good or needs to be done with. Many thought they were getting a pro bowl qb when we signed him,but the only reason why he went one time in the afc is because 2 or 3 qbs that year could not or did not want to go and he was an alternate. What could any other qb in the league do with marshal,jefferies,bennet,forte etc.

No but I see every other qb at least once looking at photos with the coach(got the ticket) and i watch more of the Bear game than the others.I never see cutler do this. You remind me of me when I was a little kid, or other kids today, in that they like their qb because he is the qb of your favorite team. Because you act like this you do not realize that your love for cutler does not mean he is good or needs to be done with. Many thought they were getting a pro bowl qb when we signed him,but the only reason why he went one time in the afc is because 2 or 3 qbs that year could not or did not want to go and he was an alternate. What could any other qb in the league do with marshal,jefferies,bennet,forte etc.

I've already said I'm growing sour of Jay, but not because of the fact that when they show him once or twice on the sideline he's not looking at pictures. I mean unless you're there watching him we just don't know if he never looks at the pictures.

I'll agree to about 95% of what you just said. Unfortunately the fact that Cutler is the best the franchise has had displays a sad fact about our franchise. (Of course some would say Sid Luckman was good in his day - I would).

My opinion is that McCown is better in Trestmans offense than is Cutler. Maybe not so good in TB... But the remains to be seen.

There we go...

I've already said I'm growing sour of Jay, but not because of the fact that when they show him once or twice on the sideline he's not looking at pictures. I mean unless you're there watching him we just don't know if he never looks at the pictures.

I get what he's saying and have to agree. Jay has been like that for years. Even did it when they brought in that QB coach he liked from Denver, whatever his name was. The fact that each time you see him on the sideline he looks like he's day dreaming or something is a bit disturbing. He has the opportunity to review the previous series and just sits there staring off into space. Now the fact that we see it on TV doesn't necessarily mean that he's doing it all the time but the fact he is when we do is telling.

I get what he's saying and have to agree. Jay has been like that for years. Even did it when they brought in that QB coach he liked from Denver, whatever his name was. The fact that each time you see him on the sideline he looks like he's day dreaming or something is a bit disturbing. He has the opportunity to review the previous series and just sits there staring off into space. Now the fact that we see it on TV doesn't necessarily mean that he's doing it all the time but the fact he is when we do is telling.

They also don't show when he tests his blood sugar. The broadcasts do a good job of cutting in and showing him how they want him to be seen.

To me, we all just have to accept this is who he is. Good sometimes, great sometimes, horrible sometimes. After this week, he is currently 11th in QBR. He needs to be top 5 with this offense.

Are you at the games watching him the whole time?

Again I see the qb coach with photos in his hands LOOKING at them, and cutler sitting by him and he is NOT LOOKING at them. I'm not talking about looking at them when he is not sitting with qb coach,I'm talking about when the coach and him are sitting side by side and only coach is looking at them. And yesterday he should of thrown the ball away 3 times instead of taking sacks. He's a veteran making rookie mistakes over and over.

They also don't show when he tests his blood sugar. The broadcasts do a good job of cutting in and showing him how they want him to be seen.

Really? Is that what you call a response? The observations are what they are. And what they are do not translate to someone who is really trying to get better. As you say we have to accept who he is. true, which unfortunately is our QB for the foreseeable future. And with the way he's playing as of late he and the team will stay mediocre.

Really? Is that what you call a response? The observations are what they are. And what they are do not translate to someone who is really trying to get better. As you say we have to accept who he is. true, which unfortunately is our QB for the foreseeable future. And with the way he's playing as of late he and the team will stay mediocre.

Yeah, I am just saying the camera is not always on him the entire time. Who knows if he already looked at the tablet or photos? Then they cut to him when he is not. I have seen him looking at the tablet and photos before, but definitely not every time he comes to the sideline. That doesn't mean it is not happening.

Maybe someone that has been to a game can confirm/deny if he does it, because the broadcast doesn't show everything. That is like saying everything on the internet is true.

I was watching an episode of Comcast live, and I forget which reporter (I think David Kaplan) mentioned it...but given the set of circumstances, it's up to Tretman to make the most of what we have. He needs to know Cutler's limitations and his propensity to turn the ball over at inopportune times. It's on him to call plays to place Cutler in a better position to reduce that probability.

I'm not exactly sure how...but that's why Trestman makes more money than I...

Lawrence Holmes wrote a great article today discussing the Bears game against Carolina. He also brought up an interesting quote from a former NFL exec that I thought was profound.

The exec said about Cutler, he's always leery of quarterbacks who had to do everything for their college teams because they develop bad habits. Simple, yet so true. I had never had that thought cross my mind before, but it makes complete sense when you think about the kind of pressure that was put on Cutler at Vanderbilt. He was the SEC offensive player of the year coming out of the draft, which says a lot for Vanderbilt. I believe they also had a losing record that year, which tells you just how difficult it must have been for Cutler to even win that award despite the team not being all that talented.

There were some other things in his article that were spot on, but that quote was the one that stood out to me the most. It's making me reconsider certain quarterbacks coming into the draft that I might have otherwise liked. Johnny Manziel, for instance, comes to mind right away.