in 29 yrs...

bear trap

I've been a bears fan for 29 yrs and this is the FIRST time ever in those years when I have no desire to even watch anymore games... That says a lot... even during the jauron and wandstat (spelling?) I still wanted to watch the games... but this yr I seriously have no enjoyment on Sundays.. if the coaching staff stays after this I will not be watching any games next yr... asskicking like this deserve massive pinkslips... embarrassed to root for this team and that goes from the joke of a qb we have all the way to the conditioning coach!

I've been a bears fan for 29 yrs and this is the FIRST time ever in those years when I have no desire to even watch anymore games... That says a lot... even during the jauron and wandstat (spelling?) I still wanted to watch the games... but this yr I seriously have no enjoyment on Sundays.. if the coaching staff stays after this I will not be watching any games next yr... asskicking like this deserve massive pinkslips... embarrassed to root for this team and that goes from the joke of a qb we have all the way to the conditioning coach!

Yeah, this is as bad as it gets.

Peace :dabears

I saw on sportscenter that its 35-0 can't trestman walk out and declare run rule? I mean he's gotta figure his team is a base ball team cause no one is mistaking them for a football team... I think the 0-16 lions would look like an all madden team against these guys!

Emery didn't get a linebacker or saftey this year, and resigned Cutler instead of tagging him. It kinda turned out how I expected, even though I wanted to be wrong.

Guest TerraTor
Emery didn't get a linebacker or saftey this year, and resigned Cutler instead of tagging him. It kinda turned out how I expected, even though I wanted to be wrong.

Funny I said the same shit. . What a joke

and the classless packers continuing to throw for the end zone I'm friggin embarrassed for the city of Chicago and us Bears fans. Most points given up in a half for any Bears team ever. We are stacking up the negative records this year. It makes it sting more that the packers are laughing it up and purposely running up the score. They have no class, or sportsmanship I hope their friggin stadium burns. Everyone on this team barring a few players should be fired right here and now. forfit the rest of the season… no one's gonna watch this team anymore anyway.

OP,

I agree, I was going to say the same thing. I have been watching for almost 40 years (as long as I can remember) and even the bad teams I watched and rooted for. This team is by far the most disappointing I can remember. I can't watch them anymore, and won't for the rest of the year. With this much talent on the team, we have yet to muster more than 28 pts (once)? We have been outscored 106-37 the last two games and that was because the other teams let up. If Rodgers stayed in, they could've easily scored 70 pts. I have never seen an offense look so defensive. Cutler is literally backpedaling and throwing off his back foot on every play and our only positive plays are these little bubble and WR screens for 3-5 yards.

I have given Cutler every benefit of the doubt, but he sucks. He cannot read defenses and does not go through any type of progression. He literally exhibits every bad habit a QB can have. If you want to teach a young QB what not to do, watch Cutler. He has to be one of the most disappointing QBs of all time, George, Leaf, etc. Then you add his smug demeanor and sideline daze and this guy is impossible to like or root for. He was picking and biting on a hangnail on the sidelines. How about looking at some pictures or the tablet of your complete ineptness? Talk with your teammates and Offensive Line; find out who is doing something wrong and fix it. I would take McCown, Orton, or even Grossman over Cutler any day (and that is saying a lot). They all did more with less.

The coaches.....what kind of a game plan was that? The offense is the most predictable in the league and that ridiculous WR end around is about 10 years too late. It fools no one. Our offense always seems to be on the defensive. We are blocking to prevent a loss, not blocking to make a gain (if that makes sense). Trestman is supposed to be an offensive guru, and his offense has indeed been offensive. Kromer? I thought you were great with Offensive Lines? I guess not.

The defense, wow, can we have more players out of position on every play? It felt like we only had 9 players on the field. If we rush 4 against their 5, we have at least 2 free defenders to cover space or double up somewhere. This is not rocket science, there are only 5 players other than the QB you need to account for with your 11. The field is only so wide and the QB can only throw so far. Tucker is an idiot, and never should've been a DC. Seemed like a last resort signing (no one else wanted the situation).

Special Teams, can we be any worse? I know Hester would not fix everything, but he is better than anything we have right now and was at least exciting to watch even if he did lose some yards. Williams can run from the 5 and still not make it to the 20. That runback does not make up for the other failings, GB was not even trying at that point. The punt? What the hell is wrong with O'Donnell, he has to be off roids or something. You don't lose 10-15 yards off your kicks in one year.

We have all given Emery a pass so far, but he too now needs to be accountable. The Allen for Peppers swap did not work, Peppers leads the Packers in sacks and Allen gets manhandled on every play. Houston is an idiot and was over paid for one good season in Oakland (on a horrible team). Willie Young was his best FA signing. Bushrod sucks, we have no Safeties, and Bostic and Greene have not improved. McClellin? To this day I still don't understand his thinking on this pick. There were so many options, and you go with a 3-4 OLB from a weak conference, and you were a former scout. I believe he let Urlacher go a year too early and it changed the entire dynamic of the team's vibe. They could've signed him to a one-year deal and let it be known that it would be his last year. I think that situation split the locker room and we never truly recovered. Then you hand the franchise over to Cutler before he ever showed he could handle it. Now look where we are? The entire team is held hostage by Cutler and Allen's cap hits next year ($32 mil).

If I am Tillman or Briggs, there is no way I am coming back to this team. It is not the same one they played on most of their careers. We had such a small window with Forte and Marshall, and we blew it. They both have 1-2 years left, but there are so many issues on both sides of the ball that you cannot possibly fix in that amount of time. We really need to clean house from top to bottom and take a year or two of sucking (top 10 picks) and get this thing right.

/rant

Loved your rant. Not sure it's a rant really. But I (and I'm sure many others) feel virtually exactly the same.

OP,

I agree, I was going to say the same thing. I have been watching for almost 40 years (as long as I can remember) and even the bad teams I watched and rooted for. This team is by far the most disappointing I can remember. I can't watch them anymore, and won't for the rest of the year. With this much talent on the team, we have yet to muster more than 28 pts (once)? We have been outscored 106-37 the last two games and that was because the other teams let up. If Rodgers stayed in, they could've easily scored 70 pts. I have never seen an offense look so defensive. Cutler is literally backpedaling and throwing off his back foot on every play and our only positive plays are these little bubble and WR screens for 3-5 yards.

I have given Cutler every benefit of the doubt, but he sucks. He cannot read defenses and does not go through any type of progression. He literally exhibits every bad habit a QB can have. If you want to teach a young QB what not to do, watch Cutler. He has to be one of the most disappointing QBs of all time, George, Leaf, etc. Then you add his smug demeanor and sideline daze and this guy is impossible to like or root for. He was picking and biting on a hangnail on the sidelines. How about looking at some pictures or the tablet of your complete ineptness? Talk with your teammates and Offensive Line; find out who is doing something wrong and fix it. I would take McCown, Orton, or even Grossman over Cutler any day (and that is saying a lot). They all did more with less.

The coaches.....what kind of a game plan was that? The offense is the most predictable in the league and that ridiculous WR end around is about 10 years too late. It fools no one. Our offense always seems to be on the defensive. We are blocking to prevent a loss, not blocking to make a gain (if that makes sense). Trestman is supposed to be an offensive guru, and his offense has indeed been offensive. Kromer? I thought you were great with Offensive Lines? I guess not.

The defense, wow, can we have more players out of position on every play? It felt like we only had 9 players on the field. If we rush 4 against their 5, we have at least 2 free defenders to cover space or double up somewhere. This is not rocket science, there are only 5 players other than the QB you need to account for with your 11. The field is only so wide and the QB can only throw so far. Tucker is an idiot, and never should've been a DC. Seemed like a last resort signing (no one else wanted the situation).

Special Teams, can we be any worse? I know Hester would not fix everything, but he is better than anything we have right now and was at least exciting to watch even if he did lose some yards. Williams can run from the 5 and still not make it to the 20. That runback does not make up for the other failings, GB was not even trying at that point. The punt? What the hell is wrong with O'Donnell, he has to be off roids or something. You don't lose 10-15 yards off your kicks in one year.

We have all given Emery a pass so far, but he too now needs to be accountable. The Allen for Peppers swap did not work, Peppers leads the Packers in sacks and Allen gets manhandled on every play. Houston is an idiot and was over paid for one good season in Oakland (on a horrible team). Willie Young was his best FA signing. Bushrod sucks, we have no Safeties, and Bostic and Greene have not improved. McClellin? To this day I still don't understand his thinking on this pick. There were so many options, and you go with a 3-4 OLB from a weak conference, and you were a former scout. I believe he let Urlacher go a year too early and it changed the entire dynamic of the team's vibe. They could've signed him to a one-year deal and let it be known that it would be his last year. I think that situation split the locker room and we never truly recovered. Then you hand the franchise over to Cutler before he ever showed he could handle it. Now look where we are? The entire team is held hostage by Cutler and Allen's cap hits next year ($32 mil).

If I am Tillman or Briggs, there is no way I am coming back to this team. It is not the same one they played on most of their careers. We had such a small window with Forte and Marshall, and we blew it. They both have 1-2 years left, but there are so many issues on both sides of the ball that you cannot possibly fix in that amount of time. We really need to clean house from top to bottom and take a year or two of sucking (top 10 picks) and get this thing right.

/rant

I've been watching since the mid-70s and you know what? The Bears are just a bad organization. Has anyone ever gotten so much mileage out of one SB win as the Bears? What a complete joke the McCaskey family is. If they had any decency they'd sell the team to someone who actually gives a shit.

I cant imagine that the McCaskey's don't give a shit. Their grandpa is Halas, one of the founding fathers of the NFL. They have to care. They just haven't made wise decisions.

Start with Ted Phillips. Replace him. He has been the team President since 1999. He hired JA, JA managed to run this franchise in to the ground. Hold his ass accountable.

You are not getting rid of the McCaskey's, so who's at the top...... Ted Phillips. Put someone in place that knows how to run a franchise. Then see who he keeps around.