How does Mel Tucker not get fired yesterday?

Chitownhustla

It only shows that upper management needs changing. Im not sure how the management system is structured. I would hope it goes something like this

Players answer to Asst Coaches

Asst Coaches answer to Trestman

Trestman answers to Emery

Emery answers to Phillips

and Phillips answers to The McCaskey clan.

From years of following the Bears I would not be surprised if there is really no one in charge. How could George McCaskey not walk into Halas Hall so pissed off that he himself takes Tucker into a room and fire him?

After 2 of the worst losses in Bears history, how is the response that we need to continue to work hard. That's it, we need to work hard.

I would like a reporter to ask these questions (maybe someone on here already knows the answer to these questions)

Who was responsible for the hire of Emery, Trestman and assist coaches.

Did Emery get to pick Trestman or did Phillips and McCaskey have a hand in picking Trestman?

Did Emery have a hand in picking the assist coaches? or was it all on Trestman?

Did Phillips pick Emery or was it McCaskey and Phillips?

Where does the buck stop?

The Buck needs to stop somewhere. I think the buck should stop with Phillips. That way the McCaskey Clan can always be protected.

IT's their MO to wait it out to season's end.

Although there may be a possibility of something drastic once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Speaking of which...does anyone know what that magic number would be?

It only shows that upper management needs changing. Im not sure how the management system is structured. I would hope it goes something like this

Players answer to Asst Coaches

Asst Coaches answer to Trestman

Trestman answers to Emery

Emery answers to Phillips

and Phillips answers to The McCaskey clan.

From years of following the Bears I would not be surprised if there is really no one in charge. How could George McCaskey not walk into Halas Hall so pissed off that he himself takes Tucker into a room and fire him?

After 2 of the worst losses in Bears history, how is the response that we need to continue to work hard. That's it, we need to work hard.

I would like a reporter to ask these questions (maybe someone on here already knows the answer to these questions)

Who was responsible for the hire of Emery, Trestman and assist coaches.

Did Emery get to pick Trestman or did Phillips and McCaskey have a hand in picking Trestman?

Did Emery have a hand in picking the assist coaches? or was it all on Trestman?

Did Phillips pick Emery or was it McCaskey and Phillips?

Where does the buck stop?

The Buck needs to stop somewhere. I think the buck should stop with Phillips. That way the McCaskey Clan can always be protected.

IT's their MO to wait it out to season's end.

Although there may be a possibility of something drastic once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Speaking of which...does anyone know what that magic number would be?

I read yesterday that if the season ended today the Packers wouldn't even be in the playoffs. That would be awesome.

Whats the point of waiting??????

The worst thing anyone can do right now is listen to Chicago sports radio.... IT is making me more sick to my stomach.

Interviews with ex Bear players talking about how embarrassing the last two week have been. Replaying Trestman presser and ripping it apart!!!

The last time a team has lost like this two weeks in a row is 1923.......19twwentyfucking3......how can the Bears do nothing????????

Make a statement. If these players have quit, then scare the shit out of them, start cutting people/firing people...... MAKE A Statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It boggled my mind that there was no one fired late Sunday or yesterday. Unfortunately it is the status quo with the McCaskey family and we're stuck with Trestman et al until the end of the season if we're lucky. I had hope for Cutler yet, this season I am understanding more and more why he was excited as a Broncos fan that the Broncos traded him to Jerry Angelo and our team. The numbers last year can now be easily disputed as being the "Real Jay Cutler" and all of his so called talent. I loved listening to what Jim Miller said on Sunday during CSN's Post Game Live, "Cutler Coughs It Up Like A Pez Dispenser" plus Danimal was not to kind and Mike Brown is chipping in on how embarrassing Sunday night's loss was. Wish I had the money to start the website www.firetedphilipsphilemerymarctrestman.com!!!!! I will always bleed Brunt Orange & Navy Blue however, it is extremely painful right now and we still have three National broadcasts out of the remaining seven games. Four of those seven games are against the Lions and Vikings too. UGH!!!!

Ted Phillips being team president what has caused the Bears two biggest problems. He was responsible for the 2 biggest problems right now. Jerry Angelo's Legacy and Phil Emery. Angelo left the team almost devoid of talent.

Emery has:

-Hired DeCamilis

-Some how thought Tucker could be a good DC

-Gambled on Trestman, passed on many others

-Blew his first draft outside of Jeffery

-Blew his second draft outside of Long

-Blew his third draft outside of Fuller

-Failed to bring an impact player through free agency

-Gave Cutler a ridiculous contract when nothing more than a franchise tag was warranted

- I could go on and on for a long time but you get the idea...

Ted Phillips being team president what has caused the Bears two biggest problems. He was responsible for the 2 biggest problems right now. Jerry Angelo's Legacy and Phil Emery. Angelo left thelmost devoid of talent.

Emery has:

-Hired DeCamilis

-Gave Cutler a ridiculous contract when nothing more than a franchise tag was warranted

I believe for the most part that the head coach hires his coaching staff. I wonder if Emery or even Trestman were really our first choices. Emery "had" to keep Lovie year one, and Trestman was to keep Marenelli or the defensive scheme. A real GM or coach wouldn't have accepted those stipulations unless they were desperate to get their foot in the door. This brings me back to the real issue and that is the owners and team president.

The Bears will never be taken serious unless the change takes place from the top. I'd rather let these jokers make fools out of themselves until the fans return the favor by hurting their pocket books back. Maybe after enough revenue loss, they will sell or invest properly by unleashing control of managing the organization.

I believe for the most part that the head coach hires his coaching staff. I wonder if Emery or even Trestman were really our first choices. Emery "had" to keep Lovie year one, and Trestman was to keep Marenelli or the defensive scheme. A real GM or coach wouldn't have accepted those stipulations unless they were desperate to get their foot in the door. This brings me back to the real issue and that is the owners and team president.

The Bears will never be taken serious unless the change takes place from the top. I'd rather let these jokers make fools out of themselves until the fans return the favor by hurting their pocket books back. Maybe after enough revenue loss, they will sell or invest properly by unleashing control of managing the organization.

According to the score, Emery hired the staff himself. I completely agree that changes need made from the top down. Fans wont leave enough to hurt their pockets though, it's the NFL and a lot of profit sharing.

Ted Phillips being team president what has caused the Bears two biggest problems. He was responsible for the 2 biggest problems right now. Jerry Angelo's Legacy and Phil Emery. Angelo left the team almost devoid of talent.

Emery has:

-Hired DeCamilis

I agree that Phillips is the root of the problems. We need leadership and accountability, not lip service. Both Emery and Trestman are well-spoken, but neither are leaders. We also lack leadership in the locker room (once Urlacher left).

In regards to last year's draft, the jury is still out on Ferguson and Sutton. This defense is so bad, that it would be hard to give an honest assessment.

Sorry to change topics but I found this interesting about Cutler. How come Josh McDaniels (who Belichick and Brady both trust) wanted nothing to do with Cutler? He looks like a genius now. He obviously knew what Cutler was made of. I have a funny feeling Cutler is just playing his time out and will retire after next year. He is so vilified now and literally has no fans. I can't imagine anyone rooting for the guy anymore. The media has always been on him, but now the entire fan base is against you and I assume a lot of his teammates. Peter King pretty much sums it up here:

Part of his response was to go to the bench, be alone mostly, and do very little of what we see so many other good quarterbacks do. Cutler certainly has communication with teammates and with his coaches, but it’s Fixit Lite. There’s not much of it, and it’s hardly intense. Elsewhere, it is. There’s Tom Brady with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, going over everything, then talking to Julian Edelman about not rounding off his routes. There’s Peyton Manning, micromanaging the next series with offensive coordinator Adam Gase, studying every last Polaroid of the last series. There’s Russell Wilson, flanked by backup Tarvaris Jackson and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, discussing what they see on the new Surface tablet allowed on the sidelines this year, then talking ideas. Invariably, between offensive series, we see quarterbacks making adjustments, changing, coaching, caring. Did I say caring? There’s Drew Brees, with what looks like an over-the-top pre-game shout-speech to fire up the guys. Hey, whatever works.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/11/jay-cutler-l...-chicago-bears/

I agree that Phillips is the root of the problems. We need leadership and accountability, not lip service. Both Emery and Trestman are well-spoken, but neither are leaders. We also lack leadership in the locker room (once Urlacher left).

In regards to last year's draft, the jury is still out on Ferguson and Sutton. This defense is so bad, that it would be hard to give an honest assessment.

Sorry to change topics but I found this interesting about Cutler. How come Josh McDaniels (who Belichick and Brady both trust) wanted nothing to do with Cutler? He looks like a genius now. He obviously knew what Cutler was made of. I have a funny feeling Cutler is just playing his time out and will retire after next year. He is so vilified now and literally has no fans. I can't imagine anyone rooting for the guy anymore. The media has always been on him, but now the entire fan base is against you and I assume a lot of his teammates. Peter King pretty much sums it up here:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/11/jay-cutler-l...-chicago-bears/

So who was it that mocked some for commenting on Cutler's appearance to not look at the surface/iPad thingy between plays? Hmmmm...

And one other I'd like to add; McCown. Not only was he obviously bothered by the loss this last week in TB, but he could be seen on the sidelines right after TB had taken the lead screaming at players words of encouragement. That is the character of leadership we are missing. He may not be the best QB in the league ... But damn how I hate he was let go last year.

So who was it that mocked some for commenting on Cutler's appearance to not look at the surface/iPad thingy between plays? Hmmmm...

And one other I'd like to add; McCown. Not only was he obviously bothered by the loss this last week in TB, but he could be seen on the sidelines right after TB had taken the lead screaming at players words of encouragement. That is the character of leadership we are missing. He may not be the best QB in the league ... But damn how I hate he was let go last year.

I have seen Cutler going over the ipad with coaches, they even talked about it on the Jay Cutler show with Waddle and Silvey..... I cant comment on how much he looks at everything in between plays.

Is it the media only showing clips of him sitting alone and not when they are reviewing things???

I don't know, either way if he is NOT reviewing each series with coaches and every other QB in the NFL does, there is a problem.

Each player will lead or not lead in their own way. Urlacher wasn't a talker, he lead by his actions. If Cutler is not a ra-ra guy then so be it. From everyone around the Bears, they say Jay is a leader. First one in and last to leave.

I think his play needs to lead more then anything right now.

The Bears hired:

-A Canadian head football coach

-The defensive coordinator of the Jacksonville Jaguars

-The special teams coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys

What possibly could have gone wrong?

I remember saying WHO THE freak IS THIS GUY????

They sold him to me, I bought in. Especially after the Offenses production last year.

This post literally sums it all up.

If you are going to get rid of someone, at this point, it should be the head coach. See if the bigger problem is the tone at the top. I still think the biggest problem is Emery and everything he has done (or pretty much everything). I think him and Trestman are total disasters as are the significant bulk of coordinators that EMERY brought in. Emery brought in a puppet coach so he could try to control everything and Trestman was the only guy willing to do that and that type of personality won't succeed as a HC in the NFL. Players won't respect him, people won't do all the little things necessary, etc.