LaRon Landry released by Colts

madlithuanian

While he sucks, doesn't he immediately become out best safety?

Possibly, but but it'd be like raising your grade from an F to a D, you still need to do better. The Bears can do much better.

And I say possibly because I'm not convinced thathp he's any better than Mundy and its still possible that Vereen turns out better.

He is absolutely horrible in coverage. He's a box safety that tackles poorly. Sometimes I wonder here if people actually watch football or just like the Bears and offer opinions.

You should know better than that. I think most everyone here are devout fans AND have an opinion about how things should/could be. Hence the name "TalkBears". Kind of the subject matter. It's good to bounce off ideas to those that might be more in the know. If you hear something to either refute the rumor or perpetuate it. Being from Alaska I can tell you that I don't get a lot of front line coverage to Chicago Bears football, let alone Chicago itself. I rely on those more closer to the action; like Connor Bear, Ashkum, Adam, Mongo etc that are nearer to Chicago than I and have more access to more media sources to research. Even you being in Florida have that capability. My friend Daventry is located in the UK and sometimes has better info than I. Go easy on the opinions offered here.

You should know better than that. I think most everyone here are devout fans AND have an opinion about how things should/could be. Hence the name "TalkBears". Kind of the subject matter. It's good to bounce off ideas to those that might be more in the know. If you hear something to either refute the rumor or perpetuate it. Being from Alaska I can tell you that I don't get a lot of front line coverage to Chicago Bears football, let alone Chicago itself. I rely on those more closer to the action; like Connor Bear, Ashkum, Adam, Mongo etc that are nearer to Chicago than I and have more access to more media sources to research. Even you being in Florida have that capability. My friend Daventry is located in the UK and sometimes has better info than I. Go easy on the opinions offered here.

There we go

Daventry,

I actually think that lots of people know Bears football very well here. Much mores than myself. I do not think a lot of people know other (NFL nor college) football nearly as well. That isn't a complete broad brush statement either though as we have tons of very knowledgeable contributors that are multidimensional.

Ok, fair enough maybe I was too harsh. Everybody is entitled to an opinion as they say.

Indeed. If the opposite were true folks like Terra Tor would never be allowed here.. :bringit

My opinion is that signing Landry would make him the third best safety on the Bears.

And I agree with you. Isn't he the one that once played for Washington? Or am I mixing up the Landry name?

Ok, fair enough maybe I was too harsh. Everybody is entitled to an opinion as they say.

My opinion is that signing Landry would make him the third best safety on the Bears.

I concede I don't know a damn thing about Landry. All I know is that Mundy was probably our best safety last year and he wasn't very good. Conte has shown flashes but can't finish a game. (I have forgiven him for the Green Bay blunder, but the guy probably needs to retire before he gets another concussion.)

Nope that is him, Skins, Jets, then Colts.

Yeah then, no thanks. Probably too old and apparently too travelled anymore to play for the Bears.

If we're going to go experienced or veteran like this I'd much rather hope Peanut would consider a move to Safety. I really think he could contribute there for another year or two better than he could at CB. I really hope Fox and Pace can talk him into it.

Yeah then, no thanks. Probably too old and apparently too travelled anymore to play for the Bears.

If we're going to go experienced or veteran like this I'd much rather hope Peanut would consider a move to Safety. I really think he could contribute there for another year or two better than he could at CB. I really hope Fox and Pace can talk him into it.

The problem is he has lost skills he had when he first came into the league, more of what we have.