Mariotta at 7?

Alaskan Grizzly

Doubt it, there is rumor that Pace likes him. This is the time of the year you hear every story under the sun. Nobody plays there hand before the draft or FAgency. Ever since Pace came here, you have heard nothing of there plans, and their is no benefit to tell everybody.

I think if either QB is somehow there at 7, Bears will select him. Mariotta, while I have my personal doubts on him, has a lot of strong leadership qualities, etc, and big time tools. I just think he's relatively high risk given none of us know how well he'll be able to anticipate and run a pro offense.

Maybe. But last year I thought Jonny Manziel would have went one helluva a lot sooner. After the Patriots scouting report was leaked, you realized they thought Manziel was a jack-ass. Turns out the scouting report was accurate and the Browns should have passed. I just thought that was telling in terms of the scouting process. He might be available and we pass on him for reasons unknown.

No. No. No.

That would be a colossal mistake because of Mariotta's doubts, the fact that his name is too close to Mariotti, and, most importantly, there are other, much more important, much more glaring holes to fill.

This year is the start of a new era, new brass, you cant take a risk with the first pick. We have a chance to get a difference maker. Every QB in this years draft has a chance of being a bust, we need a concrete pick not paper mache. 4 years from now there will be maybe 4 from this class still in the league, no stars backups picked high that didnt pan out.

As Jason said,NO NO,NO.