they are cleaning house

madlithuanian

Say what you will, but not bringing back Lance, trading Marshall...all seems to spell out that they are cleaning house.

I fully expect no Tillman.

I also now expect Cutler to be traded.

There's no certainty...but damn the evidence is pointing to fire sale. Heck, they could even deal Forte at this point too.

I'm all in. I get what they are doing. If Pace & Fox are thinking this is what's best, then I'm OK with it. Fox is loaded with experiences staff members and I'm sure their input is used.

Bear down.

I'm excited!

I agree that it's likely Tillman's gone wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the Tampa Bears along with Briggs.

Cutler though I highly doubt we will find a trade partner with the albatross that is his contract. It's going to hurt us to cut him, and hurt us to keep him financially, so you might as well let him play in 2015. I would be shocked if he was cut or traded this offseason. Not saying it can't happen, just doubt it will.

Forte, I don't really see the the need to cut/trade him. He is getting up their in years and milage, but he's got one year left on his contract and is still playing at a high level and has been pretty darn durable considering the milage on his body. We might start to see more of a 50/50 split with him and Carey in 2015, or if we draft or pick up a FA RB. As the team figures out who will take over for Forte when he's done here whether it be Carey or a draft pick or FA.

I expected the Marshall trade and was on the fence as to wanting him back, I think there were pros and cons to both keeping him and getting rid of him.

Definitely does feel like a house cleaning that started with the firing of Emery and Trestman. It's not unusual for a new GM and coaching staff to evaluate and clear out guys that don't fit their philosophy or their vision for the team. Angelo did the same thing when he arrived, clearing out what he felt was dead weight. I don't think we are in total rebuild mode but I think we are in a transition stage as Pace and Fox work to reshape the roster to their liking.

With a little extrapolation, are we seeing what NE has been doing for years? Getting rid of guys maybe one year before they are bust?

I honestly can easily see the team trading or retaining both Cutty and Forte.

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show!

I agree that it's likely Tillman's gone wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the Tampa Bears along with Briggs.

Cutler though I highly doubt we will find a trade partner with the albatross that is his contract. It's going to hurt us to cut him, and hurt us to keep him financially, so you might as well let him play in 2015. I would be shocked if he was cut or traded this offseason. Not saying it can't happen, just doubt it will.

Forte, I don't really see the the need to cut/trade him. He is getting up their in years and milage, but he's got one year left on his contract and is still playing at a high level and has been pretty darn durable considering the milage on his body. We might start to see more of a 50/50 split with him and Carey in 2015, or if we draft or pick up a FA RB. As the team figures out who will take over for Forte when he's done here whether it be Carey or a draft pick or FA.

I expected the Marshall trade and was on the fence as to wanting him back, I think there were pros and cons to both keeping him and getting rid of him.

Definitely does feel like a house cleaning that started with the firing of Emery and Trestman. It's not unusual for a new GM and coaching staff to evaluate and clear out guys that don't fit their philosophy or their vision for the team. Angelo did the same thing when he arrived, clearing out what he felt was dead weight. I don't think we are in total rebuild mode but I think we are in a transition stage as Pace and Fox work to reshape the roster to their liking.

With a little extrapolation, are we seeing what NE has been doing for years? Getting rid of guys maybe one year before they are bust?

I honestly can easily see the team trading or retaining both Cutty and Forte.

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show!

Logan Mankins went from Super Bowl champ to team with #1 pick. People thought NE was crazy. We never do this, so it is somewhat refreshing. Clearly Marshall was far worse than media was making him out to be.

This is indeed getting interesting...

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 17m17 minutes ago

This is a long process & can't judge off of 1 move. This is a rebuild, said it yesterday. Cutler & Forte aren't safe either. #Bears

Aaron Lemming was the guy who first reported the B trade.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 17m17 minutes ago

This is a long process & can't judge off of 1 move. This is a rebuild, said it yesterday. Cutler & Forte aren't safe either. #Bears

Aaron Lemming was the guy who first reported the B trade.

So the idea is to tear down the only half functioning part of the team while essentially re-building the D which was not functioning at all for the last 1 1/2 years? Wow if this silliness continues we could be seeing us in fourth place of the NFC North for a few years.

This is indeed getting interesting...

If its a total rebuild which Pace and Fox may have determined then there is no stopping with BM... You have to trade or cut Cutler, Forte only has one year left so keeping him wouldn't be horrible.

You have to look at it from Pace's point of view, this is his ONE shot. If he screws this up he will never get this chance again.

So the idea is to tear down the only half functioning part of the team while essentially re-building the D which was not functioning at all for the last 1 1/2 years? Wow if this silliness continues we could be seeing us in fourth place of the NFC North for a few years.

If you can rebuild the D, run the ball and have Cutler (or whoever) be serviceable with a couple of decent WR's, you can win enough games to make the playoffs. This year. I'll add they have to completely overhaul ST's too.

So, it's a huge undertaking and I think, for what it's worth, you have to at least commend them for having big enough balls to make the moves they feel are needed, regardless of public opinion.

We are just going to wait it out until Aaron Rodgers retires....

Eh, if the staff really views this as a rebuild then getting rid of Forte, who only has 1 year left anyway make sense. We know you don't like Jay so you should have no problem with that either.

Alshon and Bennett are still strong pieces for the passing game, and this draft is pretty loaded at RB (and WR too add even more to the passing game).

If they could spend the money wisely to fix the D, we could be sitting pretty at the end of the day.

Keep calm, the new year hasn't even begun yet.

Keep calm, the new year hasn't even begun yet.

And here's another reason I'm not crying... Guys, it isn't like we were ONE player away from winning the Superbowl. So, anyone who thinks one move makes or breaks Pace are missing the big picture. Of course, time will tell if Pace's big picture is any better than Angelo's or Emery's but damn it, give him a shot.

And here's another reason I'm not crying... Guys, it isn't like we were ONE player away from winning the Superbowl. So, anyone who thinks one move makes or breaks Pace are missing the big picture. Of course, time will tell if Pace's big picture is any better than Angelo's or Emery's but damn it, give him a shot.

I'm not one to overact usually, unless I'm sauced and either Jason or Stinger push the right buttons, but on face value I don't like it. I think the one thing that makes me feel ok with it is that Fox is involved. If it was a rookie coach AND Pace making these moves I'd really be p'oed. I like Pace so far, but I'm wary.

Whats worse Marshall trade or McCoy trade? I thought that was insane. This trade is not as bad IMO.

Tough one because Shady had a 15 mil cap hit. You have to get some pretty insane production to match that 15 mil

Getting 8 mil worth of production from BM would seem easier.

You'd be a fool if you weren't. Damn it man, I'm tired. But you know, when you see a guy like Rocky come in and fix the Blackhawks, it gives you hope.

I wasn't really impressed with his experience or resume. The only think I liked about it was that he wasn't Ballard.

I really liked the Fox hire and the staff Fox assembled. I really hate the Marshall trade.

I want to see how he handles free agency, the draft, and the Cutler situation. They will be major factors on my interest in the team going forward and my opinion of him as a GM.

I wasn't really impressed with his experience or resume. The only think I liked about it was that he wasn't Ballard.

I really liked the Fox hire and the staff Fox assembled. I really hate the Marshall trade.

I want to see how he handles free agency, the draft, and the Cutler situation. They will be major factors on my interest in the team going forward and my opinion of him as a GM.

Right and so far all the re-signings have been 2nd and 3rd tier players; Al Louis, Lattimore, Hurst and Clausen. I get it, sorta. Only thing to me that is the glue in this is Fox. FA period starting next week will be interesting to watch. He'll officially be on the clock from then on out.

Right and so far all the re-signings have been 2nd and 3rd tier players; Al Louis, Lattimore, Hurst and Clausen. I get it, sorta. Only thing to me that is the glue in this is Fox. FA period starting next week will be interesting to watch. He'll officially be on the clock from then on out.

Well when you don't have top tier players to resign, 2nd and 3rd tier players are all you can resign.

I love how one move is already making people doubt the FO.

Bingo!