Antrel Rolle - Bears appear to be frontrunners

DABEARSDABOMB

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 11m11 minutes ago

32 year old safety Antrel Rolle -- “@mikecwright: He's one of Bears top targets and Bears appear 2B frontrunner for his services.”

I hope we aren't about to give him big money. He wasn't really all that great last year. If this is more just bringing a stabilizing veteran who can help teach some young safeties while we clean house, fine, but lets not tie a bunch of money up in Rolle. We should be aiming higher, imo.

I hope we aren't about to give him big money. He wasn't really all that great last year. If this is more just bringing a stabilizing veteran who can help teach some young safeties while we clean house, fine, but lets not tie a bunch of money up in Rolle. We should be aiming higher, imo.

Problem is what young safeties is he teaching? Mundy and Vereen or a draft pick?

Antrel Rolle ‏@antrelrolle26 22m22 minutes ago

I would love to play with my brothers @johnson80 & @wilfork75. This would be magical. Some team make this happen please #PackageDeal

I'm not big on giving a WR "Big" money (Big in quotations because Andre Johnson at his age won't cost THAT much) but I really wouldn't hate this package deal of Rolle, Wilfork, and Johnson.

It's an old group, but still a lot of production to come out of it IMO.

Polian has Rolle ranked along side Conte. I'm out...

Conte was actually ok last season. The bigger issue is his injuries and the stigma of his past failures. I'm not saying he's an all-pro, but he's not as bad as he's been made out to be.

As for Rolle, with all our deficiencies, we are going to have to sign older guys to one year deals. What's nice about McPhee is that we hope to pencil him in as our starter for the next 5 seasons. With Rolle, you hope to get one productive year.

Rolle was a 4.6 guy when the Cards drafted him. I can't imagine he's anywhere close to that now and for a FS that's not good. He was a good tackler and smart about the game but at this point on his 3rd contract I prefer to get younger unless he's on a deal with a low cap hit with no long term committment for the Bears (i.e. easy to cut next year).

Rolle was a 4.6 guy when the Cards drafted him. I can't imagine he's anywhere close to that now and for a FS that's not good. He was a good tackler and smart about the game but at this point on his 3rd contract I prefer to get younger unless he's on a deal with a low cap hit with no long term committment for the Bears (i.e. easy to cut next year).

Rolle turns 33 in December. Ain't nobody give him big money or years.