Good Articles

AZ54

A couple articles that I thought make good reading as we get closer to the draft. The first is an excellent data driven analysis of draft trends by position. Clearly shows how RB have dropped in average draft position over the last 15 years.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-footba...his-years-draft

Next up is worst 1st Rd picks by team. Lot of players competing for that title on the Bears list.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-footba...team-since-1990

Regarding the second article, I liked the David Terrell pick as many here know, and liked the Carimi pick. Hated all the others...well, McCown was fun for a bit. I still think David Terrell was a wasted talent, a fragile psyche that got damaged through misuse and mismanagement by Shoop for three years, then spent one year with the offensive juggernaut minds of Terry Shea and Lovie Smith. By then he was too damaged to succeed. Had he been drafted elsewhere, I believe he had a much better chance at success.

Regarding the second article, I liked the David Terrell pick as many here know, and liked the Carimi pick. Hated all the others...well, McCown was fun for a bit. I still think David Terrell was a wasted talent, a fragile psyche that got damaged through misuse and mismanagement by Shoop for three years, then spent one year with the offensive juggernaut minds of Terry Shea and Lovie Smith. By then he was too damaged to succeed. Had he been drafted elsewhere, I believe he had a much better chance at success.

Yeah, at the time, Terrell was the consensus pick. GB selected Jamal Reynolds two picks after us (he played in 18 games total). The next two WRs (Koren Robinson and Rod Gardner).

I think SMC should be on there due to the following players being drafted right after him:

20 - Kendall Wright (215 career receptions) - Jeffery/Wright/Royal

21 - Chandler Jones (150 tackles, 22 sacks) - Jones/McPhee

23 - Riley Reiff (32 starts) - Reiff vs Mills?

24 - David DeCastro (24 starts) DeCastro vs Mills?

25 - Donta Hightower (246 tackles, 11 sacks) Hightower vs Bostic?

26 - Whitney Mercilus (122 tackles, 18 sacks) Mercilus/McPhee

27 - Kevin Zeitler (39 starts) Zeitler vs Mills?

29 - Harrison Smith (255 tackles, 10 INTs) Smith vs anyone on Bears roster since Mike Brown

31 - Doug Martin (Pro Bowl) - luxury pick but Forte/Martin would be a pretty solid duo

SMC (80 tackles, 7.5 sacks) - meh, ho hum, erectile dysfunction

Here's another good article - update on Lamarr Houston. He's certainly saying the right things and interesting that he's planning to be lights and talks about a return to playing 3-4 OLB. He indicates he primarily played OLB in 2012 and 2013, so this is a return for him.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football...ll-bring-animal

Here's another good article - update on Lamarr Houston. He's certainly saying the right things and interesting that he's planning to be lights and talks about a return to playing 3-4 OLB. He indicates he primarily played OLB in 2012 and 2013, so this is a return for him.

I really hope he can live up to his contract, because having McPhee, Houston, and Young all sort of interchangeable throughout the front 7 would be interesting.

Yeah, at the time, Terrell was the consensus pick. GB selected Jamal Reynolds two picks after us (he played in 18 games total). The next two WRs (Koren Robinson and Rod Gardner).

I think SMC should be on there due to the following players being drafted right after him:

20 - Kendall Wright (215 career receptions) - Jeffery/Wright/Royal

21 - Chandler Jones (150 tackles, 22 sacks) - Jones/McPhee

23 - Riley Reiff (32 starts) - Reiff vs Mills?

24 - David DeCastro (24 starts) DeCastro vs Mills?

25 - Donta Hightower (246 tackles, 11 sacks) Hightower vs Bostic?

26 - Whitney Mercilus (122 tackles, 18 sacks) Mercilus/McPhee

27 - Kevin Zeitler (39 starts) Zeitler vs Mills?

29 - Harrison Smith (255 tackles, 10 INTs) Smith vs anyone on Bears roster since Mike Brown

31 - Doug Martin (Pro Bowl) - luxury pick but Forte/Martin would be a pretty solid duo

SMC (80 tackles, 7.5 sacks) - meh, ho hum, erectile dysfunction

A lot of people on here were clamoring for Mercilus, but I didn't like the idea. I was pissed the Bears went with SMC instead of the available Reiff, DeCastro, or Zeitler. I really liked Decastro.

A lot of people on here were clamoring for Mercilus, but I didn't like the idea. I was pissed the Bears went with SMC instead of the available Reiff, DeCastro, or Zeitler. I really liked Decastro.

This guy was spot on as were many others. I had mixed feelings and was honestly trying to figure out what the hell Emery was doing.

Horrible pick.

Problems:

He's not strong

He's not a true DE

He's not a true OLB

The Bears don't play 3-4

Concussion history

Reiff still on the board

Decastro still on the board

Mercilus still on the board

Overall there were better players at bigger positions of need.

This is how bad Emery was too, he telegraphed everything:

Also from TFY:

- On Tuesday we reported the Chicago Bears may consider Shea McLellin of Boise State in the first round. At some point in the draft the franchise will select an undersized speed rusher to play defensive end. Another player they are very high on would be Tim Fugger of Vanderbilt, who will be making an official visit to the team’s facilities.

While a wolf may be ferocious especially in a pack, I would rather Houston use a different beast to describe the spirit of how he's going to play this season like Grizzly!

A mad Grizzly could take on a wolf pack!