Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault

CrackerDog

It's a civil suit. The rape case was dropped for lack of evidence. Regardless of merit the civil suit would most likely only result in awarded damages at best for the girl. Most likely it will be a suit that will be settled out of court. My point is that I am sure there are civil suits filed against players on a regular basis. If the Bucs were deterred by civil suits then they would be just as stupid as the raiders organization.

Winston's high number of turnovers last year combined with his issues in his private life make me think he will fail in the NFL. The QB's who usually turn out best usually have very high character.

I really hope that Smith sticks with drafting Winston and the Bears find a way to acquire Mariota. If he does fall, I don't want to see a trade down, as the Bears need impact players and haven't drafted this low in 10 years.

It's a civil suit. The rape case was dropped for lack of evidence. Regardless of merit the civil suit would most likely only result in awarded damages at best for the girl. Most likely it will be a suit that will be settled out of court. My point is that I am sure there are civil suits filed against players on a regular basis. If the Bucs were deterred by civil suits then they would be just as stupid as the raiders organization.

In case you think that because the criminal process played itself out and proved "no guilt" does not mean the person was not guilty. Take OJs murder case against Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman as an example. Although not proven guilty in his criminal trial he (OJ) was found liable in the civil trial that followed afterward.

The results of a civil trial can be just as damming.

I don't think either QB will get past #6, but even so, I really don't want either of them. We just can't afford to use a 1st round pick on a QB. I would rather have Petty and allow him to get a year behind Cutler.

You have to go big on QB, or go low and wish for the best. Someone like Petty is just wasting a pick.

Mariotta may turn out to be a waste, but I'm sure we all hope the bears won't be drafting this low again. It's their once chance to get someone with that much potential. I really hope they try to make a play to get him.

You have to go big on QB, or go low and wish for the best. Someone like Petty is just wasting a pick.

Mariotta may turn out to be a waste, but I'm sure we all hope the bears won't be drafting this low again. It's their once chance to get someone with that much potential. I really hope they try to make a play to get him.

I hope they don't invest more picks on either of these QBs. If one falls to 7, so be it. They will have a shot at a QB next draft. Save your draft picks to bring in youth.

I hope they don't invest more picks on either of these QBs. If one falls to 7, so be it. They will have a shot at a QB next draft. Save your draft picks to bring in youth.

I understand if you don't like the QB's available, I just can't see a better QB prospect being there next year if the bears go 8-8 or 9-7 and draft at 20. QB is just such an important position to hit on, it's worth wasting the extra picks. If you have to throw in 2 more, and get decent players, the sum of those and a star at the 7th pick won't equal a franchise QB if he turns out.

I understand if you don't like the QB's available, I just can't see a better QB prospect being there next year if the bears go 8-8 or 9-7 and draft at 20. QB is just such an important position to hit on, it's worth wasting the extra picks. If you have to throw in 2 more, and get decent players, the sum of those and a star at the 7th pick won't equal a franchise QB if he turns out.

With that high a pick, if you grab him and his past catches up with him, he could turn into a wasted pick. Something you dont want to have be your first pick ever by Pace. The NFL is started to not tolerant that kind of stuff anymore.

Next years draft class is loaded at the QB position. Even if the Bears are around 20, I still think they have they could grab a QB who could be just as good as the top 2 this year.

Next year you have Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenburg, and Dak Prescott who are all being talked about as 1R draft picks. Then there's Jon Goff and Cody Kessler, who I think are gonna work their way into 1R consideration.

Then you have a ton of other guys like Gunner Kiel, Patrick Towles, and Kevin Hogan who could work their way up but are more likely 2-3R picks.

I LOVE next years QB class, esp. in comparison to this years. Get your stud at 7 this year, then grab one of these guys next year.

Big or low.....hmmm...wasn't Tom Brady a six rd pick?

Next years draft class is loaded at the QB position. Even if the Bears are around 20, I still think they have they could grab a QB who could be just as good as the top 2 this year.

Next year you have Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenburg, and Dak Prescott who are all being talked about as 1R draft picks. Then there's Jon Goff and Cody Kessler, who I think are gonna work their way into 1R consideration.

Then you have a ton of other guys like Gunner Kiel, Patrick Towles, and Kevin Hogan who could work their way up but are more likely 2-3R picks.

I LOVE next years QB class, esp. in comparison to this years. Get your stud at 7 this year, then grab one of these guys next year.

My exact thoughts. Next years class will have 10-15 prospects. We can double up like Washington did if we choose. Bring in talent this draft like a WR and defensive studs. Next draft bring in the QB and take OT rd 2 if we don't land one this draft.

Big or low.....hmmm...wasn't Tom Brady a six rd pick?

I don't think that applies anymore. That was huge when it was Tom Brady vs. Kurt Warner in the Super Bowl. When was the last time a guy who was drafted late became great? Tony Romo was underrated back in 2006. But since then . . . Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. About 2/3 of the leagues starting quarterbacks were first round picks. Most of the others were high round picks.

If you want a franchise QB, you draft him in the first round.

1000% agreed.

I wouldn't consider any of the QB's in this year's draft as "Going Big". They all have a lot of question marks, and we can't afford to make a mistake on our first round pick this year. You go BPA, and if either fell to us, I still don't think either would be BPA.

Look at the last 10 years of QB's drafted in the top 10:

Alex Smith

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Ryan

Matthew Stafford

Mark Sanchez

Sam Bradford

Cam Newton

Jake Locker

Blaine Gabbert

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin

Ryan Tannehill

Blake Bortles

Way more mistakes in there than hits. I will pass on Mariota and Winston.

Way more mistakes in there than hits. I will pass on Mariota and Winston.

I completely disagree with the line of thinking that QB's are more mistakes than hits. The simple fact is, if you want a QB, it's going to have to be in the draft even if it is the most failed position. There is usually 10-15 QBs drafted a year and maybe one or 2 will be successful. That said, it's more likely that it will be a first round pick that turns out.

That's why I said I think it's important to go big or go low. The mid round QB picks are even more likely to not pan out. There is no reason to waste a pick on one, so draft one of the top QBs in the first round or just draft really late and hope something pans out. Players late won't likely make the team anyways.

It's ok to not want Mariotta or Winston if you don't think they will turn out. I just disagree with the notion of avoiding a QB high just because other failures. I myself don't think Winston will turn out. I think Mariotta has a lot of the things you want from a QB on and off the field.

I completely disagree with the line of thinking that QB's are more mistakes than hits. The simple fact is, if you want a QB, it's going to have to be in the draft even if it is the most failed position. There is usually 10-15 QBs drafted a year and maybe one or 2 will be successful. That said, it's more likely that it will be a first round pick that turns out.

That's why I said I think it's important to go big or go low. The mid round QB picks are even more likely to not pan out. There is no reason to waste a pick on one, so draft one of the top QBs in the first round or just draft really late and hope something pans out. Players late won't likely make the team anyways.

It's ok to not want Mariotta or Winston if you don't think they will turn out. I just disagree with the notion of avoiding a QB high just because other failures. I myself don't think Winston will turn out. I think Mariotta has a lot of the things you want from a QB on and off the field.

Agree with this thought. Someone posted something a while back, maybe it's been posted multiple times, about the success rate by position by round. I seem to remember QB, OL, and one other position being the position most suited for a first round selection.