Random Draft Prospect Thoughts

dawhizz

With the draft coming up, I thought this might be a good "catch-all" thread for people's favorite or least favorite prospects, or things they've noticed, low round prospects who are underrated, player comparisons, etc.

All I know is what I read and what I see on YouTube and Draft Breakdown clips, but:

- I don't see a ton of difference in tape and measurements between 1/2 round pick Nelson Agholar, and mid/late round WR Kenny Bell from Nebraska.

- I mentioned this in the Safeties thread, but I like Kysheon Jarrett from VT as a late round safety/rover. He reminds me some of Antoine Bethea and seems to cover well in the slot from what I've seen.

- Everyone wants to project ILB Jeff Luc from Cincinnati as a FB, but I think he can play as a LB and like him in our scheme.

The guy I like the most is Danny Shelton, but we know a NT rarely goes top 10. After that is Amari Cooper, I think he would become the go to guy. Third is Kevin White, I see him as Andre Johnson #2.

Too bad we didn't have #7 in the 2016 draft, as I see better QBs, LOT, and S' s in that draft. We may hit a choice of a QB falling at #7. Would the Bears draft one? Can we trade down? Maybe we take a pass rusher then?

The guy I like the most is Danny Shelton, but we know a NT rarely goes top 10. After that is Amari Cooper, I think he would become the go to guy. Third is Kevin White, I see him as Andre Johnson #2.

Too bad we didn't have #7 in the 2016 draft, as I see better QBs, LOT, and S' s in that draft. We may hit a choice of a QB falling at #7. Would the Bears draft one? Can we trade down? Maybe we take a pass rusher then?

I'm with you.... I want Shelton.... he would give us great depth on the d-line and we've upgraded all the other positions on the d .. go Shelton in the first he is a sure thing in the starting line up... I would also love to get Coleman, so maybe a trade down with say the saints.. get Shelton and Coleman with the picks received...

Two I really like:

Landon Collins, S, Alabama - I think he's taken a hit lately, but he's by far the best S in the class. I also think he could play FS or SS.

Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Mizzou - I just feel like he's the same type of player as Randy Moss, who I wanted badly back in the day. He's a monster at 6'6", running a 4.4, and high-points the ball.

I'm starting to wonder if Nick Marshall (yes, the former QB from Auburn) might be a really good fit for Fangio's scheme at CB. Great size, ,ran a 4.54 40, had a team-leading 5 tackles in the Senior Bowl and shockingly didn't seemed lost at CB. With the signing of Alan Ball, we don't need an immediate starter, so he could be brought along slowly this year. Something to maybe look for on day three.

Two I really like:

Landon Collins, S, Alabama - I think he's taken a hit lately, but he's by far the best S in the class. I also think he could play FS or SS.

Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Mizzou - I just feel like he's the same type of player as Randy Moss, who I wanted badly back in the day. He's a monster at 6'6", running a 4.4, and high-points the ball.

Collins would fit well here but not at the 7 pick, it is simply not a good valve. Look at where some good safeties were drafted last year, I think the first was in the twenties.

DGB could be a Randy Moss, but also could be a bust, and I think there are better choices before I would tie my horse to his wagon.

Collins would fit well here but not at the 7 pick, it is simply not a good valve. Look at where some good safeties were drafted last year, I think the first was in the twenties.

DGB could be a Randy Moss, but also could be a bust, and I think there are better choices before I would tie my horse to his wagon.

I think A. Cooper will be the plum of the draft, and Perriman will not be far behind for WRs.

I think Brandon Scherff will be all pro for many years, other OL are C. Erving/OC and Andrus Peat that will succeed .

Fowler and Dupree will be the standout edge rushers from this class

Gurley and Duke Johnson will be studs.

Who I really like : Danny Shelton, switching to a 3-4 what better than a 3-4 center piece... clog the middle and stop the run and yet still can get after the qb... and free up lbers by taking up double teams...

Who I really dislike: Landon Collins... mediocre coverage... best suited as a ss along with previous shoulder injury... sounds like conte mixed with every other safety we've had..

One thing worth noting about Collins, I think in Fangio D the safeties aren't really relied on that much in coverage.

From what I gathered we'll play a lot of man, and the ILBs will cover TE/RB.

I read that he likes both safeties to be able to hit.

I'd hate Collins at 7, but in a trade down scenario, I could get behind the pick.(Even though Im cool with Role/Mundy.)

What I know about football and player evaluation could fit not on the head of a pin but the sharp end. BPA, if it's what they want I would think at seven I would be happy in this order. Williams DL, Cooper WR, Fowler LB, Schreff OL, Sheldon DT. I have no problem with any of those picks. I am really thinking about Schreff. I keep reading about Long at sometime moving to Tackle. Why wait? Draft Schreff move long to R or L tackle. Move Bushrod or keep him at LT. Groom one of the backups for center next year and I thing we would have a great OL with most of them under 27. Would be set for a five year run at least. And be ready for what ever happens at QB before it changes, making that transition much easier. I want a can't miss pick (yea I know) that will come in on day one and start and would be a cornerstone for the next ten years. Any of the other draft picks seem to have something that at seven just does not make me happy. And if by some cruel twist of faith none of these are available try to trade down. The rest of the draft is way above my head.

The past regimes (JA & Emery) tried to get to cute in the draft and every tried pulling rabbits out of their hat only to squander opportunities to draft high floor quality football players. I'm sure hoping Ryan Pace and company make good solid football draft selections.

The past regimes (JA & Emery) tried to get to cute in the draft and every tried pulling rabbits out of their hat only to squander opportunities to draft high floor quality football players. I'm sure hoping Ryan Pace and company make good solid football draft selections.

NMB - No Mark Bradleys