Who would you pick?

Wesson44

We have the 7th pick in the draft...if Mariota falls to us at that spot...and the Browns want him would you trade our spot for their #12 and #19 picks? If so then who would you pick at #12 and #19?

I would absolutely trade him for 12 and 19. Not sure who I would pick there.

Peace :dabears

We have the 7th pick in the draft...if Mariota falls to us at that spot...and the Browns want him would you trade our spot for their #12 and #19 picks? If so then who would you pick at #12 and #19?

I would absolutely trade him for 12 and 19. Not sure who I would pick there.

Peace :dabears

I would make that trade in a heartbeat. At 12 I would take Danny Shelton NT and at 19 Landon Collins S.

Guest TerraTor

in a heartbeat! !!! Take Collins at 12 and best LB at 19

Guest TerraTor
I'd be hard pressed to not make that trade but it would hinge on Cooper. If he is there I take Cooper. If he's not and I make that trade I'd select Gurley at 12 and a OT at 19. Or a true 3-4 DLman.

Gurley. .. ha!

Yes, and Devante Parker (12) and T.J. Clemmings (19) Future stud WR to pair with Jeffrey, future stud LT who needs a year to learn the ropes at RT this year next to Kyle Long.

I'm for sure trading down. I'm not really down on Marietta after seeing some advanced stats, but if they can get 2 first round talents it makes too much sense.

Give me the top OT on the board at 12, then either Shelton, Collins, Parker, or Goldman at 19.

By fixing the OL this year your probably gonna up Cutlers value making him tradeable next year.

Touche. But Mariota would still be a horrible pick for the Bears.

I honestly would give up extra picks to get him. I think he has a chance at being something special in the league.

Plus, there is no way this trade is offered. The deal would likely be closer to the Browns 12th and 43rd for the Bears 7th. If the Browns were giving up both 1sts, one of the teams not wanting a QB would have pulled the trigger before the offer got to the Bears. According to the Value chart, the 12th and 19th are valued just 125 lower than the 3rd pick.

The Bears biggest defensive needs are a two gap NT (Shelton), 2 Safeties, and a CB. Sure they can get by with smaller D lineman, but the key to being a great 3-4 is the ability to disquise your blitzes better. With Ratliff or Ego playing NT, teams will know they are one gap and a LB will take the other gap. Having a two gap NT will open a gap responsibility and free an extra LB adding pressure to the QB to avoid an INT to a free LB or getting sacked from an extra rusher. Two safeties in this weak class. I really like Eric Rowe from Utah, played both cb/s and is climbing the boards. It would be too high to grab him round 2, so if he is their rd3, I think he is our guy. Round 2, I'd like to get an OT or WR if we are lucky, TJ Clemming, Jake Fisher, or Cedric Ogbuehi are 3 guys to keep an eye on. WR there should be a handful. Round 4, might be a good round to take a flier on a developmental S, Prewitt, Derron Smith, Anthony Harris, Darrell Eskridge, or Campbell. One week from now the anticipation turns to reality.

I honestly would give up extra picks to get him. I think he has a chance at being something special in the league.

Plus, there is no way this trade is offered. The deal would likely be closer to the Browns 12th and 43rd for the Bears 7th. If the Browns were giving up both 1sts, one of the teams not wanting a QB would have pulled the trigger before the offer got to the Bears. According to the Value chart, the 12th and 19th are valued just 125 lower than the 3rd pick.

I agree with you, would never get that offer, it would be the 2nd round pick and maybe a 6th.