DRAFT NIGHT!!!

CrackerDog

Not sure if it's because I'm interested in the way Pace runs his first draft or if it's because the Bears needs are so plentiful but this draft is the one I've been most anxious for in a long time. Probably also has to do with us having such an early pick and the bad damn taste last season left in my mouth.

But whatever it is... I CAN'T WAIT!

Man, I'm starting to feel a bit of dread set in, I think just based on our history. I mean, 2011 was the last year we drafted someone that most Bears had targeted before the draft (Carimi) and that didn't even work out. Before then it was probably Chris Williams (ditto). So I've become conditioned to either expect the unexpected or be disappointed with the expected.

I liked this so much more then it was Saturday and Sunday, because even if you didn't love the first pick, you hopefully had at least one more pick that you thought was OK or could talk yourself into. If we do something crazy tonight, I'll be in a bad mood for at least 24 hours.

Man, I'm starting to feel a bit of dread set in, I think just based on our history. I mean, 2011 was the last year we drafted someone that most Bears had targeted before the draft (Carimi) and that didn't even work out. Before then it was probably Chris Williams (ditto). So I've become conditioned to either expect the unexpected or be disappointed with the expected. I liked this so much more then it was Saturday and Sunday, because even if you didn't love the first pick, you hopefully had at least one more pick that you thought was OK or could talk yourself into. If we do something crazy tonight, I'll be in a bad mood for at least 24 hours.

I am not too thrilled with our slot. Sure 7 is great, but the guys I want won't be there...most likely. There is a handful of other players I like also, but feel at 7 they would be taken to high.

I am excited as always and thinking of taking the train downtown Saturday. The days of sitting in front of the computer and tv all day seem to have faded.

I am not too thrilled with our slot. Sure 7 is great, but the guys I want won't be there...most likely. There is a handful of other players I like also, but feel at 7 they would be taken to high.

I am excited as always and thinking of taking the train downtown Saturday. The days of sitting in front of the computer and tv all day seem to have faded.

Someone always falls. Just look at mocks from previous years and you will see 2-3 players projected in the top 10 are not drafted there.

Someone always falls. Just look at mocks from previous years and you will see 2-3 players projected in the top 10 are not drafted there.

The very fact that mocks change literally every week if not day proves NOONE has a fix on how this will play out. Heck most GMs (save TB) are only really guessing on who they'll pick when their turn comes. It might be noted that most mocks don't figure in any draft day trades and the impact that could have. One of those throws everything out of whack. All we can do is spectate.

Guest TerraTor

I look at it as what does it matter where u take a guy... if u are the top 10 and a guy that could be a star ... take him

I look at it as what does it matter where u take a guy... if u are the top 10 and a guy that could be a star ... take him

What I am thinking Is:

1-Winston

2-Mariota

3-Fowler

4-Cooper

5- Williams

6-White

7=? Scherff, Beasley, Shelton, Waynes, Dupree, Peat?

Hopefully Fowler, Williams, or Cooper fall. White is some what in that 2nd tier to me. Beasley in almost in the upper tier, but like Jason says do we need more OLB's. If only Ronnie Stanley declared for the draft this year instead of going back to Notre Dame.

The very fact that mocks change literally every week if not day proves NOONE has a fix on how this will play out. Heck most GMs (save TB) are only really guessing on who they'll pick when their turn comes. It might be noted that most mocks don't figure in any draft day trades and the impact that could have. One of those throws everything out of whack. All we can do is spectate.

According to a tweet from Brad Biggs just now, there have been an average of 13 trades in the first round of the draft over the last 5 years. That doesn't sound right to me but if true it makes a mockery of all of these mocks. (See what I did there?)

According to a tweet from Brad Biggs just now, there have been an average of 13 trades in the first round of the draft over the last 5 years. That doesn't sound right to me but if true it makes a mockery of all of these mocks. (See what I did there?)

I did see what you did there, very clever.

You can almost gurantee that somehow, someway NE will be involved in the trading from the outset (they always are). And before you know it they'll have five picks in the first two rounds. Another strong and possible contender this year is Philadelphia. I suspect Chip is up to something with the stockpiling of talent. I don't see him really needing or wanting to keep Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Matt Barkley and Tebow all on the roster. I especially see him trying to dangle Bradford to someone. Same with the RB situation. He's got both Matthews and Murray now. Both are at some point going to cost a ton of money. Is he angling to get Mariotta? We'll soon know.

Speaking of interesting trade rumors.

http://tampa.suntimes.com/tpa-sports/tampa...ga-trade-bears/

That would be an epic fail. No way we trade away multiple firsts for Cutler, to then trade Cutler/Forte away with multiple firsts for Winston. Hell no for 6 slots. Now I know most don't like Cutler, and Forte has soured due to his hold out, but we would not be better this year; would not be better next year, and with the lost picks, can't see how we would be any better in 3-5 years.

That would be an epic fail. No way we trade away multiple firsts for Cutler, to then trade Cutler/Forte away with multiple firsts for Winston. Hell no for 6 slots. Now I know most don't like Cutler, and Forte has soured due to his hold out, but we would not be better this year; would not be better next year, and with the lost picks, can't see how we would be any better in 3-5 years.

That article is the most poorly written piece of shit I've ever read. And simple put, if the Bears make this move I'll probably go to bed at 8 PM tonight and skip watching the next two seasons. This makes absolutely NO sense.

I'm not sure the writer knows what a rumor is. Doesn't the original article just say "it would be interesting if this happened"?

Ha! I'm glad you pointed that out. I went back and saw the link I missed earlier and clicked on it. This article is based on an NFL.com article about things they'd like to see happen. Which means it's all a fantasy. Phew. Thought I was going to have to go ferkin' postal.

This was a what if scenario presented on nfl.com that whoever wrote this took and put his spin on it. The title of the nfl.com article was "Draft trades we'd love to see" There was several fantasy trades including the Cowboys trading up for Todd Gurley. This was not a solid rumor just a fantasy draft trade scenario written by the Around The League staff that this person took and tried to make it seem like a rumor.

I am on the get a QB bandwagon if we like them, but absolutely not to what is being proposed in that scenario. I'd do Jay, Forte, and our 1st for the #1 but nothing more then that. And that is because I buy into Winston as a legit #1 overall QB prospect.

So you'd take Away the leadership of the offense, sacrifice the future of the draft, get rid of the nearly career leader in Bears passing records, dump off one of the best RBs in Bears history (not to mention one of the handful of three down backs in the NFL), to get a rookie QB with questionable intangibles off the field who will certainly lose a lot of games with a bad defense and a porous OL?

I'd take Winston if he fell to seven and we couldn't trade out.

I'm not sure the writer knows what a rumor is. Doesn't the original article just say "it would be interesting if this happened"?

Well considering there is an alleged quote from Lovie about how Cutler will be a great QB for the team, and it apparently happened "Thursday night", I'd tend to think it wasn't a substantiated rumor. More a speculative rumor. Or a fantasy type rumor as another poster commented. Still, pieces to the story could play out...theoretically.