Kevin White vs Amari Cooper

madlithuanian

I think they are different types of players but both will be very successful. Sports Science left out run blocking ability and there is where Kevin White stands out far and away above Cooper. Years down the road when comparing the two nobody will compare those extra yards our RBs get because of White's blocking but we'll know.

I'm happy to have White, but catch radius doesn't mean a lot if the defender is in the WR's hip pocket and has a similar "deflect radius." Give me a WR who creates a "pass radius" via superior routes, over the hyper-athletic guy.

Make no mistake, I'm all aboard the Kevin White train, but I liked Cooper more and thought he would have been a better fit.

I'm happy to have White, but catch radius doesn't mean a lot if the defender is in the WR's hip pocket and has a similar "deflect radius." Give me a WR who creates a "pass radius" via superior routes, over the hyper-athletic guy.

Make no mistake, I'm all aboard the Kevin White train, but I liked Cooper more and thought he would have been a better fit.

Hence he went 4th. I agree, Cooper would be a awesome but his talent dictated he went before our selection. We have to live with more growing pains....but a higher ceiling.

Cooper's higher acceleration and computerized 40 was impressive.I hope White turns out but one year of success, age, coming from juco, and maxing out at the top end scares me combined with limited route running in a non pro offense. I say that not taking away from his positives. Hopefully he will be the Bears WR ever, but I wouldn't have drafted him so early.

Cooper's higher acceleration and computerized 40 was impressive.I hope White turns out but one year of success, age, coming from juco, and maxing out at the top end scares me combined with limited route running in a non pro offense. I say that not taking away from his positives. Hopefully he will be the Bears WR ever, but I wouldn't have drafted him so early.

He was the top rated player on the board, wouldnt have lasted past the top 10, so it was a valve pick. I liked Cooper more but he wasnt there.

He was the top rated player on the board, wouldnt have lasted past the top 10, so it was a valve pick. I liked Cooper more but he wasnt there.

I just read the difference between White's and Cooper's contracts is $6 mil guaranteed. Seems like a shitload given they were 1A and 1B in terms of WR's in the draft and some think White was better. Just the luck of being #4 vs. #7 I suppose. And it ain't like White is going to go hungry anyway.

These two will be compared for years to see who got the better guy.

In 2012 6 WRs were drafted before Alshon Jeffrey so you never know!

Justin Blackmon

Michael Floyd

Kendall Wright

AJ Jenkins

Brian Quick

Stephen Hill

Alshon Jeffrey 45

Ryan Broyles

Rueben Randle

Devier Posey

TJ Graham

Mohammed Sanu

TY Hilton 92

From this list of the first 3 rounds of WRs drafted in 2012 Jeffrey and Hilton are the top 2 so far imo. So I like White's chances to succeed with a veteran like Jeffrey who had Marshall to show him the way like Hilton had Wayne to tutor him.