With all the WR injuries

DABEARSDABOMB

I think some of this is Fox gaming the Packers. They have zero tape on Alshon or Royal in this offense, which really makes them play more of a vanilla coverage.

Also, if any injuries linger, it is better to sign a vet after Week 1 so you can pay them week to week. Before Week 1, it is for the year (or something along those lines).

Agree * 10000. I said it during the offseason. Even without the injuries I'd like to see Welker on the team. He's a stud slot WR. Virtually uncoverable on the underneath routes. A perfect compliment to White and Alshon.

The problem there is Eddie Royal is best served out of the slot as well. I think Royal CAN play on the outside but he's much better in the slot.

Agreed. It's not like he could help get us to playoffs. Not worth it

I think you hit the nail on the head with the playoffs. If the Bears were closer to being a playoff team then I would say yes. At this point we don't know what the Bears have, most don't think we are playoff bound. Getting younger players reps will help in the long run.

Also Royal and Welker are very similar WR types.

I don't see why there can't be offensive alignments with two "slot" receivers.

X______XXXXX_______X

__X______X______X

_________X

or

X______XXXXXX

__X______X______X

_________X

Having two little pin-ball receivers who have great hands, precise routes, and seemingly are always open, is very hard to defend.

I don't see why there can't be offensive alignments with two "slot" receivers.

X______XXXXX_______X

__X______X______X

_________X

or

X______XXXXXX

__X______X______X

_________X

Having two little pin-ball receivers who have great hands, precise routes, and seemingly are always open, is very hard to defend.

Not to aid your point but don't the Pats run with two slot type receivers on Amendola and Edelman?