Cutler sucks OVER 50% of the time

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

Oh good god are you serious. Dudes having a good game and you want to rip him

A good game???????????/ under 50% no touchdowns??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

What Cutler did today was what someone like Kyle Oeton could do. Game manage. That is until the red zone and pressure is on. Times where he needs to be better that Orton. Not play like he's never played before. This leopard has still not changed its spots. He was again one of the best players on the Packers.

Ha! Well said!

What Cutler did today was what someone like Kyle Oeton could do. Game manage. That is until the red zone and pressure is on. Times where he needs to be better that Orton. Not play like he's never played before. This leopard has still not changed its spots. He was again one of the best players on the Packers.

He's truly the opposite of the same coin. Instead of making a good play when it matter most, he makes the worst play imaginable.

The game isn't on him alone. The dumb no running in the red zone is on the coaches. The horriffic D is on our lack of talent and aged Allen. THe 1 dumb turnover is on Jay.

So he's 1/3 guilty.

What we do know is we simply have a run of the mill QB. Not great, not putrid. Just average.

He's Brett Favre without the ability to come through in the clutch. His amazing physical ability and his gunslinger mentality do not out weigh the mistakes he makes and his poor leadership. He has got to go.

Peace :dabears

This whole thread is bullshit.

Did he throw an INT at a costly time? Yes. But was it a bad pass? A horrible pass? Absolutely not. It was a SUPERB play by one of the best LBs in the NFL, a guy with incredible range, good hands, and atrocious hair.

The Bears lost the game because, as MadLithuanian said, the red zone calls were bad, and the defense couldn't stop Rogers from throwing anything downfield at all. What I don't understand is how Rogers stands in the pocket all day, and when he is pressured he is able to simply step forward into a gaping hole. Meanwhile, that virtually never happens for Jay Cutler. When HE is rushed, there rarely appears to be an avenue for him to step into or escape.

Did he throw an INT at a costly time? Yes. But was it a bad pass? A horrible pass? Absolutely not. It was a SUPERB play by one of the best LBs in the NFL, a guy with incredible range, good hands, and atrocious hair.

The Bears lost the game because, as MadLithuanian said, the red zone calls were bad, and the defense couldn't stop Rogers from throwing anything downfield at all. What I don't understand is how Rogers stands in the pocket all day, and when he is pressured he is able to simply step forward into a gaping hole. Meanwhile, that virtually never happens for Jay Cutler. When HE is rushed, there rarely appears to be an avenue for him to step into or escape.

No just no. I'm not getting into the Cutler debate again, but he didn't complete half his passes, which came heavily in the second half. They only scored a field goal and a garbage TD in the last couple seconds of the game during the second half. There is no reason to blame the rest of the team for Rodgers knowing where and how to step up, and defend a mediocre game by Cutler. He's in the between 20-25 of the league and it is what it is. No reason to tear the rest of the team down to build him up.

Yes those 2-3 passes in the redzone (second to last series?) was a bad idea but 'Jay being Jay' in the next series and turning it over was even worse. Perhaps it was more Gase's fault for trusting Jay could do it after seeing him fail in the previous series and knowing he has a propensity to effect turnovers in stressful situations. I'll give you this, Jay looked a lot better in the first half. The second half he started to play more like Jay of old.

Yes the blonde haired bimbo is good but not that good. Remember that game where DeAngelo Hall made four INTs in one game against Cutty? That wasnt because Hall was that good, that was more due to Cutlers insistence on throwing at him. Or heck what about the infamous Kyle Williams?

Here's a quote from the Chicago Tribune that described a very eerily similar situation that we saw this last weekend:

"With 8 minutes, 1 second left in regulation and the game tied at 17, the Bears faced third-and-1 at the Bills' 34 — well within kicker Robbie Gould's field-goal range. Coach Marc Trestman called a bootleg. Cutler rolled right and threw across his body into the arms of Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams."

Yes those 2-3 passes in the redzone (second to last series?) was a bad idea but 'Jay being Jay' in the next series and turning it over was even worse. Perhaps it was more Gase's fault for trusting Jay could do it after seeing him fail in the previous series and knowing he has a propensity to effect turnovers in stressful situations. I'll give you this, Jay looked a lot better in the first half. The second half he started to play more like Jay of old.

Yes the blonde haired bimbo is good but not that good. Remember that game where DeAngelo Hall made four INTs in one game against Cutty? That wasnt because Hall was that good, that was more due to Cutlers insistence on throwing at him. Or heck what about the infamous Kyle Williams?

Here's a quote from the Chicago Tribune that described a very eerily similar situation that we saw this last weekend:

"With 8 minutes, 1 second left in regulation and the game tied at 17, the Bears faced third-and-1 at the Bills' 34 — well within kicker Robbie Gould's field-goal range. Coach Marc Trestman called a bootleg. Cutler rolled right and threw across his body into the arms of Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams."

Quit talking about the past. The game yesterday had one mistake and it was more Matthews doing great than Cutler doing poorly. Should we ignore the dropped, sure-fire TD pass? Or the fact that it was OBVIOUS the coaching staff went into the game with a very conservative approach intended to limit Cutler's production?

He looked a lot different yesterday, period.

Did he throw an INT at a costly time? Yes. But was it a bad pass? A horrible pass? Absolutely not.

It WAS, however, disappointing. And with Jay's salary I think Bears fans should expect the clutch performance not the fizzle. Can I condemn the guy for one mistake? No. But I understand the aggravation given the several years of performances we've already seen from Jay.

With that said, the team actually played pretty well. They looked like a professional football team with obvious flaws playing one of the best teams in the league. If they continue to progress, I'll continue to be patient.

It WAS, however, disappointing. And with Jay's salary I think Bears fans should expect the clutch performance not the fizzle. Can I condemn the guy for one mistake? No. But I understand the aggravation given the several years of performances we've already seen from Jay.

With that said, the team actually played pretty well. They looked like a professional football team with obvious flaws playing one of the best teams in the league. If they continue to progress, I'll continue to be patient.

In the same token Clay Matthews is paid really well to make that play. The guy is a PRO BOWLER.

If this was the INT like the Kyle Williams (mentioned by Alaska) INT from last year, just a stupid as shit throw that Cutler should never make I would agree with the CUTLER SUCKS comments coming after one game.

He threw a good pass, it wasn't an over thrown ball, it wasn't triple covered. Matthews just made a play.

I think for the first game in a new scheme Cutler was good. This was the first time running these plays against a different team in a real game. The more reps they get in real games the better everyone is going to get.

Yeah, Matthews made a fantastic play. Bennett was wide open at the time it was thrown. Like the previous poster pointed out it's not like it was thrown into triple coverage, or even double coverage, hell it didn't even look like single coverage.

Cutler wasnt that sharp, no, but he also hasn't had the chance to play with these WRs much in this new offense.

In the same token Clay Matthews is paid really well to make that play. The guy is a PRO BOWLER.

If this was the INT like the Kyle Williams (mentioned by Alaska) INT from last year, just a stupid as shit throw that Cutler should never make I would agree with the CUTLER SUCKS comments coming after one game.

He threw a good pass, it wasn't an over thrown ball, it wasn't triple covered. Matthews just made a play.

I think for the first game in a new scheme Cutler was good. This was the first time running these plays against a different team in a real game. The more reps they get in real games the better everyone is going to get.

If you watch the play, Wilson was WIDE open in the middle, but it was amazing how fast Matthews got over there. What it seems like the Bears are doing is calling plays away from the pressure, which is great, but it almost seemed like Cutler was baited into that throw. If he pumped faked and threw to Wilson, that is a 20+ yard gain.

Even though he threw that one, he didn't have any fumbles (almost one), had some good scrambles, and ran the offense efficiently. Also, the receivers had several drops, which made his stats look a lot worse.

I would agree with the CUTLER SUCKS comments coming after one game.

Oh, don't for a minute think I agree with that comment which I took as a troll of this group. But whatever. At the end of the day I understand why people just want to move on from Jay just like I understand those who want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's the hope. And as Alshon gets healthier, we play lesser teams, etc. All in all, it was a reasonably decent outing for our boys. We'll have to see where it goes from here.

Agreed. It was disappointing. I've said several times I'd rather be blown out than beaten at the end. It's easier to take (and yields higher draft picks). That's why Lovie's M.O. of 8-8, 7-9, etc. always pissed me off. So, yeah, the INT was very disappointing, but he didn't exactly make a horrible throw, or one into double coverage, or the typical throws people have ragged him over in the past. He made a throw to a player who was definitely open, and one of the best LBs in the NFL made an incredible play on the ball.

If you watch the play, Wilson was WIDE open in the middle, but it was amazing how fast Matthews got over there. What it seems like the Bears are doing is calling plays away from the pressure, which is great, but it almost seemed like Cutler was baited into that throw. If he pumped faked and threw to Wilson, that is a 20+ yard gain.

Even though he threw that one, he didn't have any fumbles (almost one), had some good scrambles, and ran the offense efficiently. Also, the receivers had several drops, which made his stats look a lot worse.

I didn't count them, but does anyone care to watch a replay and count the drops? The one I remember the most is Forte, for the sure-fire TD.