McPhee

scs787

I know PFF gets a bad rap, especially now, but I just wanted to point out that Pernell McPhee ranks only behind Von Miller and Demarcus Ware in terms of QB pressures through 3 games.

If the corner play continues to get better a lot of those pressures will turn into sacks like they did against Seattle.

He looks to be like a good addition by Pace.

I know PFF gets a bad rap, especially now, but I just wanted to point out that Pernell McPhee ranks only behind Von Miller and Demarcus Ware in terms of QB pressures through 3 games.

If the corner play continues to get better a lot of those pressures will turn into sacks like they did against Seattle.

He looks to be like a good addition by Pace.

Anytime the stats is good for the Bears I agree with them

Lol

He was violent last week. Look forward to seeing more of that the rest of the year. This year's D has a couple guys that play with passion compared to last year. Ratliff, McPhee, and Rolle bring a level of toughness that they didn't have last year.

The problem there is we have had Ratliff for several years but he hasn't been available to play. He seems to either miss time to injury or suspension. We need that passion to stay on the field

Sam Acho seems like a fit for this scheme and Amos is playing solid as a rookie at safety. He tackles better than most of the guys that preceded him after Mike Brown. He and Goldman seem like to draft picks that may be good building blocks. The fact that Grasu was not active when Montgomery got hurt bothers me.

Sam Acho seems like a fit for this scheme and Amos is playing solid as a rookie at safety. He tackles better than most of the guys that preceded him after Mike Brown. He and Goldman seem like to draft picks that may be good building blocks. The fact that Grasu was not active when Montgomery got hurt bothers me.

All of this and Shae is not being repeatedly ripped either...

A pretty cool article about McPhee's speech:

http://www.chicagofootball.com/2015/10/04/...aiders/a5k5c8m/

The dude is earning his pay.

before Week 4:

@Gil_Brandt

Most total pressures, front 7 (thru 3 weeks):

1. Ware 18

t2. Houston 16

t2. McPhee 16

4. Watt 14

5. Avril 11

t6. Matthews 10

t6. Hali 10

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/650034152411021312

and helps the younger guys and vets around him be better. We need Guys like that on the field who can be an extension of the coaching staff. That was the biggest thing we lost with Urlacher gone his body was failing him but he knew that system and was like a coach on the field. Same with Mike Brown in the secondary. Good to great defenses have guys like this at various levels who elevate the play of those around them and help get everyone where they should be. That was what was almost as hard to watch last couple years as the overall performance was our D was gutless, leaderless, and hapless. The D needs leadership and some nasty, and some attitude, and heart.

http://www.sportsmanias.com/news/chicago-b...e6336ae5d8b45d3

I also like the article directly below the McPhee article. The one about Acho and players taking ownership of the defense. Sounds like some good culture changes going throughout the team, and I like it a lot. New staff, new systems, new players mixed with old, on a team who's culture needed a life line after two years under Dr. Death. This team is not only starting to develop an identity they are taking the onus to create an identity. We may not be going anywhere this year, but if we're patient and give this office and staff and players, a chance. We might be seeing them build the foundation for a bright future.