Adrian Amos - I'm a huge fan!

Alaskan Grizzly

Looks like we migh have ourselves a gem in the making. He doesn't wilt in run defense which is a huge attribute. Check out Thayer's analysis of he and fellow rookie Langford's impressive play.

Thayers playbook

And I just read that Detroit's RB Zach Zenner was lost to IR after breaking four ribs and a collapsed lung. Because of a collision with Amos.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/..._partially.html

Looks like we migh have ourselves a gem in the making. He doesn't wilt in run defense which is a huge attribute. Check out Thayer's analysis of he and fellow rookie Langford's impressive play.

Thayers playbook

And I just read that Detroit's RB Zach Zenner was lost to IR after breaking four ribs and a collapsed lung. Because of a collision with Amos.

Not bad for Paces first draft, a 4th and 5th round already performing.

Just think about this first draft:

1. white - if he is a game changer this draft could be one of the best we have had in a long time

2. Goldman - already starting and I like what I have seen from him so far

3. Grazu- thrown into the starting mix a little early, has looked good at times and has looked like a rookie at times

4. Langford- potential replacement for Forte long term

5. Amos- already starting and performing well.

Cant wait to see White play, hope he lives up to the billing.

1. white - if he is a game changer this draft could be one of the best we have had in a long time

3. Grazu- thrown into the starting mix a little early, has looked good at times and has looked like a rookie at times

Thanks Chitown. That's what I call perspective Now I'm hoping that we can build on this and Pace can be a long-term GM.

Love what I've seen from Amos and Langford.

Thayers playbook

Yeah, if we got 5 starters in one draft, that would be awesome. Potential to have a completely new core in 2 years if you add guys like Long, Alshon, Fuller, SMC, Jones to the younger core conversation. If we can be that successful in next year's draft, we will finally start to see sustained success. What I like is that we have the financial freedom to bring in a couple more key FA's (like McPhee), lock up some of our own to long term deals (Long, Alshon), and pay some guys who have produced on one-year deals (Jenkins, Acho).

Maybe I should've titled the string "Ryan Pace - I'm a big fan"

Keep it coming Ryan...nice work so far. :headbang

At this point I'm confident Pace's 5th Rd Safety is better than Emery's 4th Rd Safety. I also think Pace's UDFA Safety Jones-Quartey is better than Emery's 4th Rd Safety. JQ might have been beat by Calvin Johnson on that long pass but he was right where he was supposed to be.

At this point I'm confident Pace's 5th Rd Safety is better than Emery's 4th Rd Safety. I also think Pace's UDFA Safety Jones-Quartey is better than Emery's 4th Rd Safety. JQ might have been beat by Calvin Johnson on that long pass but he was right where he was supposed to be.

Yep. There is hardly a player on any team that can match up one on one with Megatron, let alone cover him. My wife and I commented during the game that about the only one we saw constantly stand a chance was Peanut.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post...d-jones-quartey

“For safeties there aren’t many teams that put two rookies back there,” Donatell said. “We’ve done it now for a couple of weeks and I feel good about what they’ve done.”

Donatell thinks Amos is a ‘rare’ first-year player. The 2015 fifth-round pick has been entrenched on the first-team since the second week of the preseason when he unseated Brock Vereen.

Yep. There is hardly a player on any team that can match up one on one with Megatron, let alone cover him. My wife and I commented during the game that about the only one we saw constantly stand a chance was Peanut.

Agreed on both points, Pnut always played well against Megatron. Has anyone kept up on Pnut, how has he looked this year?

It wont be hard to draft better than Emery. Really hope Fuller pans out, that would be a huge bump for Emery's track record.

I am a big fan of Pace's so far. There has been only one move that I did not like when it first happened and that was trading BM, after reading about how big of a locker room problem he was I totally understand why the move was made. Seeing him put up 4 100 yard games in a row stings a little bit. Not that Im surprised, I thought BM had another 2 or 3 years of good production left. The sting would have been canceled out had White came out and played well as a rookie.

His 1st draft is looking good and his first big FA signing is looking like a GENIUS pick up, McPhee has been huge on the both the leadership stand point and production.

With the amount of cap space the Bears will have next off season I am really excited to see what Pace and co does.

Amos getting a little love for rookie of the year from PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...ntering-week-7/

Highly doubt ROY goes to a safety unless he gets 5+ picks, it probably goes to a guy putting up "sexier numbers" vs a guy who is simply doing his job well.

Way down at the bottom Eddie Goldman is on their "5 To Watch" list. He won't put up big enough numbers to be in the discussion at the end of the year but his improved play is getting noticed. Point is just having two rookies in the discussion at all is a good thing.