Draft Order Tracker

adam

Unless Manziel plays well, fairly certain Browns are looking QB. Similarly, unless Gabbert is a stud, Niners are looking for a QB. No way around that. Kap has played his last game (Barring an injury to Blane) and I would be surprised if Gabbert is the direction they go. That said, their isn't a QB really worth picking top 10 anyway.

True, I was just thinking if we were indeed looking for one, there was some flexibility in even trading down a few slots due to most teams in the top 16 not really needing a QB (less CLE and SF).

I don't think we go that route because we have some many other needs, and Cutler's salary is reasonable compared to our cap space.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, I was just thinking if we were indeed looking for one, there was some flexibility in even trading down a few slots due to most teams in the top 16 not really needing a QB (less CLE and SF).

I don't think we go that route because we have some many other needs, and Cutler's salary is reasonable compared to our cap space.

I like the way you're thinking here. Dangle the position for a team that wants a QB, possibly the first of the draft, and pick up an extra mid-rounder. Of course, if there is an absolute stud at 10, you pick there. If Nkemdiche is there, you don't trade down.

He won't be available for us as all this means he's destined to be a Cowboy.

They can have him. He doesn't seem like a good team player, but has loads of athletic ability. If the Bears select top 10, hopefully a QB or two go ahead of us and we have a shot at Tunsil, Stanley, Ramsey, Hargreaves, or Jaylon Smith/Myles Jack. The way the Bears work, they will probably win out and draft 17-20.

They can have him. He doesn't seem like a good team player, but has loads of athletic ability. If the Bears select top 10, hopefully a QB or two go ahead of us and we have a shot at Tunsil, Stanley, Ramsey, Hargreaves, or Jaylon Smith/Myles Jack. The way the Bears work, they will probably win out and draft 17-20.

I was just thinking the same thing in regards to the top ten pick.

Tunsil will be gone, but if Stanley is there :pray and not selected... :angry:

I would go crazy for a draft that starts out with Stanley and Scooby.

I was just thinking the same thing in regards to the top ten pick.

Tunsil will be gone, but if Stanley is there :pray and not selected... :angry:

I would go crazy for a draft that starts out with Stanley and Scooby.

I was just doing a couple mocks and one was with Stanley and then Scooby. The other was Stanley, DT Kenny Clark, and 3rd Rd LB Tyler Matekovich from Temple.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

I think it's time to put in backups to determine what this team has for the future.

Exactly, we might be in the perfect position either way. Draft a stud if available, or allow a needier team behind us to move up a couple of slots (Houston/Philly) and add a mid-round pick.

I was just doing a couple mocks and one was with Stanley and then Scooby. The other was Stanley, DT Kenny Clark, and 3rd Rd LB Tyler Matekovich from Temple.

I don't like Clark for the Bears. I either want a massive guy, a complete brick wall, or a guy that can explode around the edge. I don't want a guy who is above average at both.

Cleveland 3-10 @Sea, @KC, Pit..................3-13

Tennessee 3-10 @NE, Tex, @IND................4-12

Baltimore 4-9 KC, Pit, @Cin.......................4-12

San Diego 3-10 Mia, @Oak, @Den.................4-12

Chicago 5-8 @Min, @TB, Det.......................5-11

San Fran 4-9 Cin, @Det, Stl........................5-11

Dallas 4-9 NYJ, @Buf, Was......................5-11

New Orleans 5-8 Det, Jax, @Atl..................6-10

Jacksonville 5-8 Atl, @NO, @Hou................6-10

Detroit 4-9 @NO, SF, @Chi.......................6-10

Miami 5-8 @SD, Ind, NE..........................6-10

St Louis 5-8 TB, @Sea, @SF....................6-10

Cleveland 3-10 @Sea, @KC, Pit..................3-13

Tennessee 3-10 @NE, Tex, @IND................4-12

Baltimore 4-9 KC, Pit, @Cin.......................4-12

San Diego 3-10 Mia, @Oak, @Den.................4-12

Chicago 5-8 @Min, @TB, Det.......................5-11

San Fran 4-9 Cin, @Det, Stl........................5-11

Dallas 4-9 NYJ, @Buf, Was......................5-11

New Orleans 5-8 Det, Jax, @Atl..................6-10

Jacksonville 5-8 Atl, @NO, @Hou................6-10

Detroit 4-9 @NO, SF, @Chi.......................6-10

Miami 5-8 @SD, Ind, NE..........................6-10

St Louis 5-8 TB, @Sea, @SF....................6-10

Best case scenario, the Bears pick between 5th-8th if they lose out.

I read somewhere that technically, they could still get the #1 pick, although that scenario seems highly improbable. I wouldn't be a fan either, because if we lost the next 3 games, it means something very bad happened. I.e., total lockeroom issues / team quit and those type of issues set you back much farther than the difference in talent between the #1 pick and the #10 pick or wherever we end up. This year was about fixing the culture in Chicago and giving everyone confidence for the future (as well as ideally finding some new pieces to build / plan around). Thus far, we have done that, you lose 5 in a row to finish your season and that can be well detrimental and basically puts you back at square one, if not worse (unless of course Jay gets hurt and its purely because Fales can't move the football).

With Tennessee and Baltimore losing, and Cleveland almost certainly losing later, I'm looking at the SD vs MIA matchup. If SD wins, going to 4-10, and MIA loses, going to 5-9, would that cause Miami to leapfrog Chicago in any way? Maybe we should cheer for Miami just to be sure?

Same goes for the Detroit vs New Orleans game. If Detroit beats New Orleans, does Chicago jump Detroit?

Right now we need to be rooting for Jacksonville to beat Atlanta. We already stepped firmly ahead of St. Louis after their win vs TB, but JAX getting a W would be very good for the Bears.

With Tennessee and Baltimore losing, and Cleveland almost certainly losing later, I'm looking at the SD vs MIA matchup. If SD wins, going to 4-10, and MIA loses, going to 5-9, would that cause Miami to leapfrog Chicago in any way? Maybe we should cheer for Miami just to be sure?

Same goes for the Detroit vs New Orleans game. If Detroit beats New Orleans, does Chicago jump Detroit?

Right now we need to be rooting for Jacksonville to beat Atlanta. We already stepped firmly ahead of St. Louis after their win vs TB, but JAX getting a W would be very good for the Bears.

Not certain, but I think since the Bears have one of, if not THE "Best" strength of schedule, they would always pick last of teams with the same record.

If I'm not mistaken, they're at 11 right now

We are 10th right now because NO is still 5-8. If NO wins, we are 10th by record, if DET wins, it will come down to SoS which we will have a slightly higher one pushing us to 11th.

Based on projections, we will end up no better than the 5th pick (due to SoS) and no worse than 11th at this point (and that is going 1-1 in our last 2). It looks like a 2-0 finish could drop us all the way to 16th at absolute worst. So 5th to 16th with 11th as the most likely.

So right now:

1. Tennessee Titans (3-11) - .489

2. Cleveland Browns (3-11) - .534

-----------------------------------------

3. San Diego Chargers (4-10) - .516

4. Baltimore Ravens (4-10) - .516

5. San Francisco 49ers (4-10) - .543

6. Dallas Cowboys (4-10) - .548

7. Detroit Lions (4-9) - .534

8. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-9) - .466

9. Miami Dolphins (5-9) - .475

10. Chicago Bears (5-9) - .534

11. New Orleans Saints (5-8) - .511

Week 16 games of interest:

1. Jaguars (5-9) @ Saints (5-8) (If NO wins on MNF, then we want a JAX win, if NO loses on MNF, then we want a NO win). Either way, if we lose to TB, one of these teams will drop past us in the draft order.

2. 49ers (4-10) @ Lions (4-9) (Similar to JAX/NO game, we want the winner of MNF losing this game, but either way this game is going to help us, 49ers have a better SoS than us, so a tied record gives us the better pick).

3. Colts (6-8) @ Dolphins (5-9) (A MIA win helps us based on overall record)

4. Cowboys (4-10) @ Bills (6-8) (A DAL win helps us, they have a better SoS than us, so a tie in record gives us a better pick)

5. Chargers (4-10) @ Raiders (6-8) (A SD win helps us but they would still have tie breaker with SoS)

6. Steelers (9-5) @ Ravens (4-10) (A BAL win helps us)

7. Bears (5-9) @ Buccaneers (6-8) (Obviously want a CHI loss)

We are 10th right now because NO is still 5-8. If NO wins, we are 10th by record, if DET wins, it will come down to SoS which we will have a slightly higher one pushing us to 11th.

Based on projections, we will end up no better than the 5th pick (due to SoS) and no worse than 11th at this point (and that is going 1-1 in our last 2). It looks like a 2-0 finish could drop us all the way to 16th at absolute worst. So 5th to 16th with 11th as the most likely.

So right now:

1. Jaguars (5-9) @ Saints (5-8) (If NO wins on MNF, then we want a JAX win, if NO loses on MNF, then we want a NO win). Either way, if we lose to TB, one of these teams will drop past us in the draft order.

2. 49ers (4-10) @ Lions (4-9) (Similar to JAX/NO game, we want the winner of MNF losing this game, but either way this game is going to help us, 49ers have a better SoS than us, so a tied record gives us the better pick).

3. Colts (6-8) @ Dolphins (5-9) (A MIA win helps us based on overall record)

4. Cowboys (4-10) @ Bills (6-8) (A DAL win helps us, they have a better SoS than us, so a tie in record gives us a better pick)

5. Chargers (4-10) @ Raiders (6-8) (A SD win helps us but they would still have tie breaker with SoS)

6. Steelers (9-5) @ Ravens (4-10) (A BAL win helps us)

7. Bears (5-9) @ Buccaneers (6-8) (Obviously want a CHI loss)

5th sounds soooooooooooo much better than 16th......... I have seen everything I needed to see from this team and staff. I love where this is headed, with an upgrade of overall team talent the Bears probably win most of the 7 games decided by 3 points.

So right now:

MNF Lions vs. Saints: The Lions started off 0-5. They haven't looked horrible lately. I think the Lions win.

1. Jaguars (5-9) @ Saints (5-9) - Both teams have wretched defenses, and the Jags get hammered by good offenses. Saints win in a shootout.

2. 49ers (4-10) @ Lions (5-9) - The 49ers have sucked. I'm saying Lions go two in a row.

3. Colts (6-8) @ Dolphins (5-9) - The Colts are in a freefall.

4. Cowboys (4-10) @ Bills (6-8) - Bills win; they have been competitive with everyone, and Dallas has issues.

5. Chargers (4-10) @ Raiders (6-8) - Oakland is really not that bad. They win.

6. Steelers (9-5) @ Ravens (4-10) - The Steelers are on fire.

7. Bears (5-9) @ Buccaneers (6-8) - I hate to say this, but Jamies Winston and Doug Martin are going to torch the Bears.

1. Titans

2. Browns

-----

3. Chargers - 4-11

4. Ravens - 4-11

5. Cowboys - 5-10

6. Bears - 5-10

7. Jags - 5-10

-----

Saints - 6-9

Colts - 6-9

Dolphins - 6-9

Bills - 7-8

Raiders - 7-8

Buccaneers - 7-8

So after next week the Bears jump to #6?!