ESPN looks at every team Head Coach situation

ParkerBear7

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for3...ob-security-nfl

Interesting Facts from this article: The Bengals have been to the Playoffs 7 out of the last 13 years including 5 straight years. Looking at the NFC North, the Packers have made the playoffs 7 straight seasons while the Bears have done so only 4 times in the last 20 years!

I like the Bears current coaching and GM situation as well as the direction they are taking this team. Cincy and Green Bay have maintained consistency with at HC and GM and hopefully the Bears can finally do the same and are able to keep this group together for 3-5 years so that we can get some cohesion and develop a winning culture!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for3...ob-security-nfl

Interesting Facts from this article: The Bengals have been to the Playoffs 7 out of the last 13 years including 5 straight years. Looking at the NFC North, the Packers have made the playoffs 7 straight seasons while the Bears have done so only 4 times in the last 20 years!

I like the Bears current coaching and GM situation as well as the direction they are taking this team. Cincy and Green Bay have maintained consistency with at HC and GM and hopefully the Bears can finally do the same and are able to keep this group together for 3-5 years so that we can get some cohesion and develop a winning culture!

I didn't realize that Fox had as much power within the organization as the article paints it. It almost seems Chip Kelly-ish.

I didn't realize that Fox had as much power within the organization as the article paints it. It almost seems Chip Kelly-ish.

I'm not so sure that is accurate. Lovie had a ton of roster control after he got his second contract. OTOH Pace was adamant that he would absolutely retain control over player personnel when questioned during the coaching search. Given all the shuffling of the roster this season there is no doubt that 1) Fox has complete control over who plays and who doesn't and 2) Pace and Fox work closely together on roster moves. While it might appear Fox is making the calls it could also be they see eye-to-eye on evaluations. When you start looking at the turnover at the bottom of the roster I think that is absolutely led by Pace. Going back to the last draft I felt it was clearly Pace making the final decisions.

So far I think it's been very good and has produce solid results for a first year rebuild, especially considering we didn't have a lot to work with in cap space last offseason. This year, this offseason, was the plan all along made clear by all the 1 year prove-it deals we did last year, and the silence on future talks for guys like Forte, Jeffrey, and Long.

It appears, to no ones surprise, Adam Gase is a top candidate for a HC spot.

If that happens, with the hype given quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains on their official website, I suspect he will be promoted to OC.

Not a bad idea IMO. It would lend itself to a continuation of our current system.

It appears, to no ones surprise, Adam Gase is a top candidate for a HC spot.

If that happens, with the hype given quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains on their official website, I suspect he will be promoted to OC.

Not a bad idea IMO. It would lend itself to a continuation of our current system.

Yeah, there are just too many jobs for him to pass up as he seems like the top "buzz" candidate.

These seem like the jobs either open or potentially opening up: PHI, IND, DET, CLE, SD, SF, NYG

PHI, is pretty dysfunctional, but you can't do much worse

MIA, some nice defensive pieces, nice weather

TEN, Mariota, and another high draft pick

--------------------------------------------

IND, you have Luck

DET, Gase is from Michigan

CLE, some young pieces and another early draft pick

SD, aging Rivers, uncertain location, but with a high draft pick

SF, see PHI

NYG, if Coughlin calls it quicks, you get Beckham to play with but an aging Eli that was not really good to begin with

So to me, for Gase, it will come down to IND, DET, MIA, or TEN.

Now for his replacement in Chicago, if we do not promote within, I have heard the names Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt, and Pat Shurmur as potential Gase replacements. They all seem to be decent and better coordinators than HC's (for McCoy and Whisenhunt).

Yeah, there are just too many jobs for him to pass up as he seems like the top "buzz" candidate.

These seem like the jobs either open or potentially opening up: PHI, IND, DET, CLE, SD, SF, NYG

PHI, is pretty dysfunctional, but you can't do much worse

MIA, some nice defensive pieces, nice weather

TEN, Mariota, and another high draft pick

--------------------------------------------

IND, you have Luck

DET, Gase is from Michigan

CLE, some young pieces and another early draft pick

SD, aging Rivers, uncertain location, but with a high draft pick

SF, see PHI

NYG, if Coughlin calls it quicks, you get Beckham to play with but an aging Eli that was not really good to begin with

So to me, for Gase, it will come down to IND, DET, MIA, or TEN.

Now for his replacement in Chicago, if we do not promote within, I have heard the names Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt, and Pat Shurmur as potential Gase replacements. They all seem to be decent and better coordinators than HC's (for McCoy and Whisenhunt).

If he (Gase) goes I could see Indy.

Didn't McCoy once work for Fox in Denver?

*edit: answered my own question. Yes he did. And worked with him in Carolina as well. Intriguing.

*edit: answered my own question. Yes he did. And worked with him in Carolina as well. Intriguing.

Yep, McCoy was OC before he went to SD, and Whisenhunt was almost hired by Fox as well.

Dead on. If, unfortunately, Gase leaves, I think you've nailed it.